Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > grass or no grass ?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

grass or no grass ?
Original Message   Apr 12, 2005 8:27 pm
hi guys...

this is kinda out there so if necessary remove it .

im in the process of cleaning up my property now that its spring here.

i have next to no landscaping as yet.

my driveway is pretty good but thats it,basically i have 4 acres of trees.lots of hardwood and softwood.

i have been removing as much of the dead and hard looking trees and thinning out the rest.

its starting to look kinda park like.

i have lend of a huge wood chipper that i have been putting all the brush and tops into.ill post pics of it in action later

i save the big stuff for firewood.

anyway i have been wondering that once i get done should i plant grass between the trees or just let it grow up into ferns and other woodsy stuff.i plan to try to average 10 or so feet between the trees,this will encourage them to grow tall and allow me room to work around them.

when i started you could hardley walk between them

i should mention that i dont like mowing lawns but i do have a good variety of riders and tractors at work i could use.

and i really hate pushing a mower. 

thanks for any input ...

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Replies: 39 - 48 of 58Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Emmo

Re: grass or no grass ?
Reply #39   May 10, 2005 6:56 pm
Marshall wrote:
"Keep your fantasies about you and multiple women to yourself, wouldja please?!     Sheesh....theres a perv around every corner.  "

That's make you a pervert?  

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #40   May 10, 2005 7:23 pm

robmints

Reply #41   May 10, 2005 7:49 pm
I hope you feel better Sherri.

Laying down usully can't hurt.

As my neighbor Ed used to say, " I felt like getting some work done today, so I went in and laid down until the feeling passed.."

Ed and Miss Sandy were great neighbors. Always had time for you, quick with a joke, always something going over their house. Friends family, everyone was welcome. I miss them very much. Miss Sandy would know a headache cure. It might involve a pitcher of ice, a bit of Stoli, a shot glass, and a good laugh or two. They live on in the hearts of most of the people that knew them, including mine.
Termy

Reply #42   May 10, 2005 7:55 pm
Please get well soon Sherri!

Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #43   May 10, 2005 8:00 pm
Sherri

Are you taking anything for it?  I get wicked migraines and I wind up having to take prescription stuff because the over the counter stuff doesn't touch them anymore.  Imitrex and Relpax are two that work well without knocking me out, and I have a fairly low tolerance for drugs (Windy and Lint...leave it alone...).  If they are seasonal, have you gone to an allergist to see if they are sinus/allergy related? 

I'm sorry Sherri....I can tolerate just about any kind of pain (except certain pains in the arses...) and except for head pain.  Cool washclothes sometimes help as well. 

Paula

Highwind

Despite the high cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular.

Reply #44   May 10, 2005 9:33 pm
Paula wrote:
Windy

Keep your fantasies about you and multiple women to yourself, wouldja please?!     Sheesh....theres a perv around every corner. 

Paula, Paula, Paula,

You totally misunderstood.

When there are so many deserving, wonderful women out there and so few men who appreciate them, it is up to the few caring, sensitive, considerate, gentle, kind men to make sure they know they are appreciated. Sometimes the only way to fit them all in a busy day is to batch process.

That isn't perverted. Its being sensitive to the needs of as many women as you can. <sigh> someone has to make sure they are taken care of. 

Honda stable: HS 724 snowblower;  HRS216 lawnmower; BF2 UWWW; 5 HP, 2200 psi/2.9 GPM pressure washer.

Electric: BV2500 B&D Leaf Hog/snow duster; old 12" Weedeater.

Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #45   May 10, 2005 9:49 pm
Hey Windy

Can I see you try that line on a group of women?  I'd like to watch them 'batch your process'.....

Paula

MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

Reply #46   May 11, 2005 6:17 am
Hey Paula,

They are seasonal and I have been tested for allergies.  Funny thing is that the tests showed nothing.  My doctor the ding dong that he is says it's all in my head.  Well duhhhhhhhhh where else would a headache be in a female?  I've tried different meds and they won't do a thing, I've tried cold and that doesn't work either.  So I figure that I have to live through the blinding pain and do some work.  The hardest thing is to get sleep.  The marching band doesn't stop for anything.  But I get to look on the bright side - winter is coming.

No headaches in winter!!!!!!  That's some of last years snow.  It doesn't show the true amount, but only if it was winter now.

I'm gonna try and take it easy today, not work too hard.  Hopefully the band will keep to a mild session.

Sherri

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?
mrmom

Reply #47   May 11, 2005 8:39 pm
Sherri, believe it or not but a good massage that works on the knots in your back and lots of water afterwards followed by heat applied to the area where the knots were works wonders on the headache. I am a nurse and can't still figure out why.

Hope you feel better.

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #48   May 11, 2005 9:58 pm
Try to keep hydrated Sherri.  Headaches usually start with not much water is present in the body.  

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Replies: 39 - 48 of 58Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42