Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > grass or no grass ?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

grass or no grass ?
Original Message   Apr 12, 2005 8:27 pm
hi guys...

this is kinda out there so if necessary remove it .

im in the process of cleaning up my property now that its spring here.

i have next to no landscaping as yet.

my driveway is pretty good but thats it,basically i have 4 acres of trees.lots of hardwood and softwood.

i have been removing as much of the dead and hard looking trees and thinning out the rest.

its starting to look kinda park like.

i have lend of a huge wood chipper that i have been putting all the brush and tops into.ill post pics of it in action later

i save the big stuff for firewood.

anyway i have been wondering that once i get done should i plant grass between the trees or just let it grow up into ferns and other woodsy stuff.i plan to try to average 10 or so feet between the trees,this will encourage them to grow tall and allow me room to work around them.

when i started you could hardley walk between them

i should mention that i dont like mowing lawns but i do have a good variety of riders and tractors at work i could use.

and i really hate pushing a mower. 

thanks for any input ...

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Replies: 49 - 58 of 58Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: grass or no grass ?
Reply #49   May 11, 2005 10:25 pm
mrmom wrote:
Sherri, believe it or not but a good massage that works on the knots in your back and lots of water afterwards followed by heat applied to the area where the knots were works wonders on the headache. I am a nurse and can't still figure out why.

Hope you feel better.

Yea, I need a good massage, thanks mrmom! Paula baby, make it so.
Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #50   May 11, 2005 11:04 pm
Paula baby???

You'll notice the phrase "Magic Fingers" doesn't appear ANYWHERE in my name......if that gives you a hint on your chances for a massage...

Sherri

Do you know what allergies they tested you for?  Unfortuantely, the allergy tests are not 100 percent reliable....a person can have an allergy and not have it show up on testing.  Have you tried decongestants or antihistamines?  What about a sinus evaluation to see if you have polyps or anything else going on with your sinuses?  Sorry, don't mean to be nosy but the fact that your migraines are seasonal makes me think there has to be SOMETHING that you can take to combat whatever it is about the change of seasons that brings this on. 

Paula

This message was modified May 11, 2005 by Paula
Marshall

Reply #51   May 11, 2005 11:20 pm
Maybe I'll just call you PB from now on? PB....PB...has a ring to it.
Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #52   May 11, 2005 11:28 pm
Hmm....the name I tried typing kept getting deleted....guess the censors didn't like it....
Marshall

Reply #53   May 11, 2005 11:36 pm
Paula wrote:
Hmm....the name I tried typing kept getting deleted....guess the censors didn't like it....

Hey, I would never shush you, not in public anyway.
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #54   May 11, 2005 11:47 pm
First off Sherri I am sorry you are not feeling well.

You are describing what is called a "Cluster Headache".  Unfortunately they can be seasonal and they can be stimulated by seasonal allergens despite you having had a negative allergy test.  There are actually many medicines at your disposal that can be tried, some even over the counter, some very inexpensive and relatively safe prescriptions, some, expensive prescriptions when we are talking about the newer ones.  Unfortunately it will be tough to find THE one without some patience on your part (easy for me to say I am not in pain I know, sorry) and co-operation on your Providers part in being willing to work with you to try different medications to find one that works.

Send me an IM if you would like and I will send you a really nice medical reference for you to read that gives you some good info and medication choices at your disposal.  It can be technical in spots so any questions you may have let me know and I will help you out with what it means.  I deal with folks with headaches all the time at work and many of the meds I am extremely familiar with already.

I do want to say that there is no need to suffer if there are treatment regimens that you have not tried and it sounds like there are many.  Once all are tried and you have exhausted say even a neurology consult there is still no need to suffer without some help if you need it.

Finally sleep is important, I know again easy for me to say but do try to get some.  Some over the counter help is already at your disposal, don't be afraid to use it.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.  You try to get yourself feeling better in the meantime.

C

ps.  Your Doctor is correct in that it IS in your head, it is however completely physiological not psychological.  At this point I agree with your "ding dong" assesment of him/her.

c

This message was modified May 12, 2005 by ChrisS

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

Reply #55   May 12, 2005 6:44 am
Thanks guys for all the advice and the get well wishes.

Got lots of sleep last night.  So much so that even though I wanted to sleep more - I had to get up and do something.

I have tried many over the counter drugs to rid myself of this pain in my a** (oops my head), but none of them seem to help.  The ding dong doctor, well he likes all the expensive meds and well, without a health plan to cover them, I can't afford to try them and not have them work.  He doesn't like to suggest any cheaper meds.  Might cut into his profits some how I guess.  It's beyond me.

When I was younger it was feathers I was allergic to, my father had a feather pillow and when he was at sea, I'd lay on my parents bed so I could be close to him.  But I grew out of that and they have tested me on every kind of tree and grass and flower that I would come into some kind of contact with and god knows what else.  Sometimes I think it's just me and that it is all self inflicted.  But I'd have to be a pretty sick person to inflict this kind of pain on myself.  Don't even feel like moving.  It's like a horrible hang over without the alcohol.  Every little noise - well noises seem magnified 100 fold.  Imagine a whole trio of chainsaws or lawnmowers magnified.  Not pleasant at all.

But I really want to get outside in the garden.  It doesn't look much like a garden yet, but it's been raining a lot.  Yesterday was the only fine day it looks like we are going to have this week.  Although the sun is peeking out from behind a couple of clouds.  Here in Nova Scotia the weather changes in less then a heartbeat.  So hopefully I'll get some gardening in before long.  I have to keep going or I'll just be living room decoration. 

Well I've rambled enough for this morning.

Sherri

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #56   May 12, 2005 10:38 am
Grrrrr...

OK, there are in many cases samples of the expensive meds so that you can at least try them to see if they work.  In these cases most of the time they either work or they don't so you don't need a lot of them to find out.  Also there are ones that have been around for YEARS that can be tried both prophylactically and for break through pain that are dirt cheap.

Again if you want that reference it lists all of the potential meds also and I can tell you which are the cheap ones and which ones aren't.

I am glad you are feeling better.

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Highwind

Despite the high cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular.

Reply #57   May 12, 2005 1:21 pm
MissSnowshoveler wrote:

Here in Nova Scotia the weather changes in less then a heartbeat.  So hopefully I'll get some gardening in before long.  I have to keep going or I'll just be living room decoration. 

Sherri

Sherri,

You mention the changing weather, and I know that when the atmospheric pressure changes rapidly, I experience sudden headaches. Is it possible that at this time of the year the pressure is varying a lot with the unsettled weather?

I was told that the pressure changes may trigger migraines, since migraines are caused by constricted blood flow. Can't vouch for this as I'm not a medical expert, even though I've had many years of migraine, sinus, and tension headaches. {and you thought all I was good for was causing headaches}

Honda stable: HS 724 snowblower;  HRS216 lawnmower; BF2 UWWW; 5 HP, 2200 psi/2.9 GPM pressure washer.

Electric: BV2500 B&D Leaf Hog/snow duster; old 12" Weedeater.

Marshall

Reply #58   May 12, 2005 1:54 pm
.......................YOUR HEADACHE IS ME.

Replies: 49 - 58 of 58Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42