Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Honda GX200 Clone engines?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Garandman

Honda GX200 Clone engines?
Original Message   Apr 10, 2005 7:42 am
I was surprised to see that there are several different clones (presumably Chines) of the Honda GX200. Oddly, some seem to sell for about the same price as price as a replacement Honda, although others are much less - about half. The various folks selling them claim parts are interchangable with the Honda.

Are these any good? I don' think "You get what you pay or" has been suspended, but  China does have very low labor rates and we are talking small engines, not satellites. The one owner I talked to bought one for a generator - $160 delivered - and he said it started on the second pull and seems to perform fine. 
Replies: 14 - 16 of 16Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Emmo

Re: Honda GX200 Clone engines?
Reply #14   Apr 11, 2005 4:06 pm
Highwind wrote:
LOL Marshall,

Or "Hondha", "Hawnda", or the Vietnamese version "HoChiMinhda" .

Pretty good guess Highwind,

according to the article:

"Last year, the Beijing No 2 Intermediate People's Court heard a case filed by Honda against Lifan. In that case, Honda said Lifan used "Hongda" on its products, which Honda claims is very similar to Honda. The case is still pending."
millwright

MIllwrights keep the world running

Reply #15   Apr 11, 2005 8:05 pm
There is also a model called trumaxxs on e-bay  which is a clone not 1but 40 or 50  of them  cheap .

OTLBuilder

Reply #16   Aug 28, 2006 1:31 pm
I am looking for parts to one of the 6.5 hp lifan engines and cannot find anyone in my area who can help me out. Anybody know where I can get a new head and valve for one?

Tim

Replies: 14 - 16 of 16Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42