Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > repairs for the day

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
mole

repairs for the day
Original Message   Oct 4, 2009 6:25 am
Just as a  consumer  guide only. I will start the vacuum cleaner makes and models repair of the day section.

Day oct,3,2009.

1 oreck xl 2400 series ,bag never changed, blocked from intake thru wands,belt broken, brush roll bound up,

2 electrolux olympia 1, 30 years old, used as a second machine, has a central system, but loves her O-1  wont part with it.Repaired  new fans bearings, carbons, auromatic serviced, new drum spring ,runs better than new.
3 Dyson dc 07 animal, low suction problem, changed exhaust filter, never changed, customer was never told about the other filter,
4 30 ft low volt central vac hose, on off switch in handle replaced.I have a trick for this.

5 Kirby g6 relaced blown fan and belt, removed platic toy out of bag tube, also found some change in the fan case.

See you tomorrow.

MOLE
Replies: 19 - 28 of 55Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
mole

Re: repairs for the day
Reply #19   Oct 7, 2009 4:42 pm
Repairs for the day

Oct 7, 09

Lux2100, new hose,cordwinder and front cordwinder housing,front pivot wheel,fresh bag and filter.

Canadian LE,  front door insulator, filter grill, lower motor bearing 8mm.

both jobs were easy to do.

see you later

CarmineD

Reply #20   Oct 7, 2009 5:36 pm
Hello MOLE:

The Lux 2100:  These were produced 1984-1992 give or take.  How old was the one you repaired?

Carmine D.

procare

Reply #21   Oct 8, 2009 1:36 am
Mole,

I was wandering do you get any Special models from Electrolux? They came out in 1986 - 1989. Good vacuum. I sold quite a few and had good luck with them  but haven't heard to much about them from  a few of my dealer friends.

Procare

This message was modified Oct 8, 2009 by procare
mole

Reply #22   Oct 8, 2009 6:10 am
procare wrote:
Mole,

I was wandering do you get any Special models from Electrolux? They came out in 1986 - 1989. Good vacuum. I sold quite a few and had good luck with them  but haven't heard to much about them from  a few of my dealer friends.

Procare

Hi Carmine and Procare

The 2100 was mid 80.s vintage,great running machine not hammered just basic cordreel parts and hose,Also set the automatic up correctly,about 50% flow loss then shuts off.

Procare, Are you talking about the metal body specials brown, grey, or the red plastic body specials. Both were being priduced and sold in the same time frame.

The mini specials metal bodys were known in the OLD days as model L. I must have serviced almost 2 thousand of them.

The advantage series was also a popular model back here,1998 price was 499.00, sold a ton of these.
CarmineD

Reply #23   Oct 8, 2009 6:59 am
mole wrote:
Hi Carmine and Procare

The 2100 was mid 80.s vintage,great running machine not hammered just basic cordreel parts and hose,Also set the automatic up correctly,about 50% flow loss then shuts off.

Procare, Are you talking about the metal body specials brown, grey, or the red plastic body specials. Both were being priduced and sold in the same time frame.

The mini specials metal bodys were known in the OLD days as model L. I must have serviced almost 2 thousand of them.

The advantage series was also a popular model back here,1998 price was 499.00, sold a ton of these.

Hello MOLE:

The Lux L came after the G in 1966 and ran in production with various colors [brown, blue, and gold] thru 1979.  One of Luxes's best.  Sold concurrently toward the end of its run with the 1205, Super J, and Olympia [the latter 3 using the newer body style, while the L used the old style of the Lux E & AE of the 50's]. 

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #24   Oct 8, 2009 9:08 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello MOLE:

The Lux L came after the G in 1966 and ran in production with various colors [brown, blue, and gold] thru 1979.  One of Luxes's best.  Sold concurrently toward the end of its run with the 1205, Super J, and Olympia [the latter 3 using the newer body style, while the L used the old style of the Lux E & AE of the 50's]. 

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

You are correct on the L  long production run only model to have a longer production run was the XXX, did you know that there's a model XXX in the smithsonian intitute on display, And most of the parts are still available to overhaul and keep em going for another 50 years.

regards

MOLE

CarmineD

Reply #25   Oct 8, 2009 1:39 pm
mole wrote:
Hi Carmine,

You are correct on the L  long production run only model to have a longer production run was the XXX, did you know that there's a model XXX in the smithsonian intitute on display, And most of the parts are still available to overhaul and keep em going for another 50 years.

regards

MOLE

Hello MOLE:

I didn't know MOLE, thanks.  I'm not the least surprised,tho.  The Lux 30 is the signature/icon vacuum for lux after its 80 plus years in existence.  Like the HOOVER 700 for it.

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #26   Oct 8, 2009 3:08 pm
repairs for the day

Oct 8, 09

Well today was central vacuum clinic day

1 h.p vacuflo, model 26 believe from late 60's  rebuild 334 lamb motor,fans bearings, carbons, must of had 1200 hours on it,runs like a new machine now.

2 beam 197,vintage 1990,1,2, same problem as the H.P.vacuflo,to many hours on the 2 stage small fan motor,rebuild fans,bearings carbons.

3 centra lux,control board,new filter,Its o.k. now.

Tomorrow looks like another dyson dc07, will throw it on the bench and take a look,Clutch and belt problem?????

regards

MOLE

procare

Reply #27   Oct 8, 2009 3:41 pm
Mole,

Contrary to your belief that the Special was an  L is wrong. The Model L came out in 1960 and the first one was White, They were built until 1979. The Special as it was called  was metal and had the same body shape of the 1205. The colors were Olympia One Brown and Silverado Grey.They had a 1205 Armatured motor.      The Red Special Series were models sold at Home Shows, and Big Sales advertised at Fairgrounds and given lower prices at the time.Special Promotion .  Machines didn't have the same warranty or performance of  the door to door models on sale. The Red machines were  2100 canister , Discovery II upright and model 2101 shampooer polisher.

Procare

CarmineD

Reply #28   Oct 8, 2009 4:53 pm
mole wrote:
repairs for the day

Oct 8, 09

Well today was central vacuum clinic day

1 h.p vacuflo, model 26 believe from late 60's  rebuild 334 lamb motor,fans bearings, carbons, must of had 1200 hours on it,runs like a new machine now.

2 beam 197,vintage 1990,1,2, same problem as the H.P.vacuflo,to many hours on the 2 stage small fan motor,rebuild fans,bearings carbons.

3 centra lux,control board,new filter,Its o.k. now.

Tomorrow looks like another dyson dc07, will throw it on the bench and take a look,Clutch and belt problem?????

regards

MOLE

Hello MOLE:

How old is the dyson?

Carmine D.

Replies: 19 - 28 of 55Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42