Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Lucky1

Hybrid Vacuums
Original Message   Sep 7, 2009 2:27 pm
Not sure if this was mentioned yet:

http://www.gizmag.com/miele-hybrid-vacuum-cleaner/12680/

Is there really a market for a plug/battery vacuum?

Not sure how I feel about it yet. I mean who hasn't cussed the vacuum when the plug fell out but worth additional cost....
Replies: 1 - 10 of 35NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Acerone

Re: Hybrid Vacuums
Reply #1   Sep 7, 2009 6:24 pm
20 minutes of vacuuming...

CarmineD

Reply #2   Sep 7, 2009 6:26 pm
This is one from MIELE I would defintely purchase from an indy but not brand new.  I'll wait until a display/demo is available. 

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #3   Sep 7, 2009 8:25 pm
Lucky1 wrote:
Not sure if this was mentioned yet:<BR><BR>http://www.gizmag.com/miele-hybrid-vacuum-cleaner/12680/<BR><BR>Is there really a market for a plug/battery vacuum?<BR><BR>Not sure how I feel about it yet. I mean who hasn't cussed the vacuum when the plug fell out but worth additional cost....

Hi Lucky1,

Heck yeah! The DeWalt people have been selling a somewhat smaller spin on the idea, the 2 Gallon Cordless/Corded Wet/Dry Vac DC500, for a while now.

This new Miele has a 20-minute run time on battery. Even though the suction level produced would not be the same as when connected to an electrical outlet, in a single-vacuum household it could serve as a machine you could carry outside and clean out the car, or travel up on a ladder with or simplify small dust ups in areas where you might not have an electrical source available. It appears to be of proper size and weight tobe a handy all-around machine.

As shown however it is a straight suction vacuum and probably would be fine for households with low-pile carpeting and large bare floor areas. For the U.S. it would be more welcome with electric power nozzle. No more turbo-brushes please. Miele's pricing should merit the customer more.

It being that I'm up to my ears in Mieles, if this model makes the market here I will be passing. Reflecting on Miele's last correspondence that came my way, I think many others will be prepared to do the same. You know -- exchange rates being what they are and the price of Miele quality makes this brand sell high.

Besides which they will never fit this machine with a real PN but will try to sucker the customers in with the offering of a tubro-brush or the dumb rechargeable (and over priced) PN they tried to palm off with the now retired Galaxy series (see Miele website http://www.miele.com).

Best,

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #4   Sep 8, 2009 6:42 am
Hi Venson, Lucky1 et al:

Note MIELE's eye for detail.  Shows a young attractive women in her house robe in bare feet cleaning the bath room of all places.  The last and worse place for an electrical appliance like a vacuum to be used.  IMMER BESSER.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Sep 8, 2009 by CarmineD
Venson

Reply #5   Sep 8, 2009 8:06 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hi Venson, Lucky1 et al:<p>Note MIELE's eye for detail.  Shows a young attractive women in her house robe in bare feet cleaning the bath room of all places.  The last and worse place for an electrical appliance like a vacuum to be used.  IMMER BESSER.</p><p>Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

I did notice. I would not have thought about the scene twice had the model been posed to clean the floor not the sink countertop where there might easily be exposure to moisture. That's a job for a wet cloth -- not a dusting brush.

More flights of fancy by people who spend more time at the drawing board than behind a vacuum cleaner.

Venson
Venson

Reply #6   Sep 8, 2009 8:39 am
Meant to say that the cleaner's usefulness would be better depicted if after an initial shot of it in normal use in the living room we saw our happy housewife on her outdoor patio giving the patio furniture a quick hit. Dad could be shown out on the driveway giving the family station wagon a going over or up on a ladder or utility stool doing a ceiling fan. The super-neat could even bear a shot of Pop giving Fido's house a sprucing up.

As it is a dry pick-up-only device you want to keep people focused on all the possibility in that area.

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #7   Sep 8, 2009 9:15 am
Hi Venson:

Have to say, while impratical, the MIELE ad gets consumer attention.  That's key.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #8   Sep 8, 2009 9:45 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hi Venson:</p><p>Have to say, while impratical, the MIELE ad gets consumer attention.  That's key.</p><p>Carmine D.

Well then they should have shown her in the tub having a bubble bath after a long but eventful day's work with her Miele in the foreground of course. If that won't sell 'em, what will?

Best,

Venson
DysonInventsBig

Reply #9   Sep 8, 2009 10:10 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hi Venson, Lucky1 et al:

Note MIELE's eye for detail.  Shows a young attractive women in her house robe in bare feet cleaning the bath room of all places.  The last and worse place for an electrical appliance like a vacuum to be used.  IMMER BESSER.

Carmine D.

What are you trying to convey - "eye for detail"?

DIB

CarmineD

Reply #10   Sep 8, 2009 12:21 pm
Venson wrote:
Well then they should have shown her in the tub having a bubble bath after a long but eventful day's work with her Miele in the foreground of course. If that won't sell 'em, what will?

Best,

Venson

Vacuuming is still work.  But the key to advertisng is to make vacuuming look effortless.  Now if that were a MIELE robotic, I think you are on to something with your ad idea.

Carmine D.

Replies: 1 - 10 of 35NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42