Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > toro 824

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
onemangang

toro 824
Original Message   Jan 23, 2008 4:33 pm
My toro's wheels have locked up, Everything engages correctly but the gears won't turn. Any ideas? Thanks in advance
Replies: 4 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
onemangang

Re: toro 824
Reply #4   Jan 23, 2008 5:17 pm
donjag wrote:
with the machine tipped on to the auger,there is 4 bolts to take off,you will see the friction wheel,your tires are connected to a axle,on that axle should be a shear pin,either left or right hand side,if you see a hole and no bolt ,thats your problem,just fixed one yesterday.hope this helps you out.

I'll check that out, thank you very much!!
onemangang

Reply #5   Jan 24, 2008 11:09 am
donjag wrote:
with the machine tipped on to the auger,there is 4 bolts to take off,you will see the friction wheel,your tires are connected to a axle,on that axle should be a shear pin,either left or right hand side,if you see a hole and no bolt ,thats your problem,just fixed one yesterday.hope this helps you out.

Great description but that was not the problem. Thanks again.(any other ideas?)
mml4

Snow is good,
Deep snow is better!

Reply #6   Jan 24, 2008 1:16 pm
Check the following-

1) return spring on the friction disk drive assembly. I am not familiar with the Toro but most machines move their drive wheels by engaging a rubber friction disk against a drive disk. When you release the handle control on my machine a return spring lifts the friction disk off the drive disk. If the return  spring broke or became disconnected the machine would stay in gear and "lock" the wheels.

If thats not it ,can you move the wheels by hand if they are off the ground or are they locked up?

Marc 

This message was modified Jan 24, 2008 by mml4

SnapperV210P,Toro22177,TroyBilt42010Snowthrower,Craftsman Shredder,American Turbo Pressure Washer HondaGX200,Stihl011Saw,EchoPas260Trimmer Edger,EchoPB602Blower,EchoHCR150Hedge Clipper
onemangang

Reply #7   Jan 24, 2008 2:06 pm
It was the spring. Thanks a lot Marc and Don
Replies: 4 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42