Abby's Guide to Community
Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > building web page help...

Community Discussions

Search For:
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

building web page help...
Original Message   Mar 9, 2005 6:08 pm
im a small engine repair guy working as the mechanic at a small family owned and operated business.

the bosses daughter is miss ss and she is my fieance (sp).

anyway we have been thinking we should build a page and put links on it to all the products that we carry and sell as well as telling about who and what we do.

problem is we are very inexperienced with computers and also it wouldnt be a normal type of web page as most businesses feature only 1 line or service.we have a zillion products available.

anybody here know what we should be asking for or point us in the right direction.

thanks in advance chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: building web page help...
Reply #1   Mar 9, 2005 7:06 pm
There are people that do nothing but design webpages for a living. Some do it as a part time job. You might check with Paula, it seems to me that I remember her doing some web design. (I think)  Might get a great deal.
Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #2   Mar 9, 2005 8:11 pm
Chris and Sherri

It was actually selling designed websites through one of those marketing programs.  The webbsites are very professional looking and the software is very  nice to use but I thought the websites were way overpriced (1400 to 2500 plus a monthly fee).   I think a good software program would be a much better deal and there are some good ones out there.  I'd be happy to research software and webhosting sites for you, if you would like?

Paula

snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #3   Mar 9, 2005 8:20 pm
hi Paula...

sherri and i would be very gratefull for any information you might be able to provide.

and you understand OPE so thats much better than people who dont.

tanks in advance chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #4   Mar 9, 2005 8:34 pm
Sherri & Chris

I'll PM you with what I find out. 

Paula

Termy

Reply #5   Mar 9, 2005 8:44 pm
As you may or may not know, I have a website. I created it and had it hosted by www.bravenet.com

Mine is a free website cause I do not need it to look profesional looking. However, you are looking for a profesional website design I think. Bravenet can help you in that regard. And it sure as hell aint going to cost you 2400 a month either. So, go ahead and check out there website and they can get you all fixed up. As far as knowing how to build a website, I think I will let someone else teach you that.

walbroman

Clean Carb Clean Machine

Reply #6   Mar 9, 2005 11:45 pm
IT's free and they show how to build a web page tools are included.

http://www.tripod.lycos.com/

Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42