Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Electrolux El7085B or Miele Electro plus

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
redliner

Electrolux El7085B or Miele Electro plus
Original Message   Aug 9, 2017 3:42 pm
Hi, I'm looking for a replacement for Electrolux sr6500. Mostly hardwood floors with one caprted room and a few area rugs. Want a good power wand brush for cleaning upholtered furniture. Tahnk you for your time!
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
CountVacula

Re: Electrolux El7085B or Miele Electro plus
Reply #1   Aug 21, 2017 6:52 pm
I would not waste money on either. The European vacuums have miserable hoses and only come with turbo tools for cleaning upholstery. They are also overpriced, especially Miele. For just cleaning hard floors almost any canister vacuum will do an excellent job. You do not need to spend Miele prices. My recommendation is the Kenmore "600 Series" canister, model 81614. I measure vacuum performance with a suction guage and a BAIRD meter to measure suction and airflow. Modern Mieles pull 82 inches of sealed suction and about 6 out of 10 airflow on a BAIRD meter. By comparison the Kenmore pulls 77 inches of suction but 7.5 on the BAIRD meter. Airflow is what moves the dirty and the Kenmore has it. Where the Kenmore is clearly superior is the Pet Powermate. This looks like a turbo tool but it has an electric motor driving the brush through a geared belt. Turbo brushes rely on airflow in the hose to turn the brush. Pull a little suction with one and they bog down and stop. Since the Pet Powermate is electrically driven you can dig into soft materials and the brush does not bog. It cleans better than any turbo tool. It is one of the truly outstanding features of modern Kenmore vacuums. You do not have carpet apparently but the European vacuums do not have good powered floor brushes. My own Miele bogs terribly on my deep pile carpeting. Kenmore's Powermate floor brush is much more powerful and has no problems with deep pile or shag carpets. I also much prefer the Kenmore hose material. It uses steel reinforcing coils that do double duty as electrical circuits to power the Pet Powermate and Powermate floor brush. While heavier than the European hoses it is much more flexible and never tries to kink like the European hoses do. Wait till Sears has a holiday sale or pick one up on clearance.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42