Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Tacony (Riccar and Simplicity Vacuum Brands)

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
behonest

Tacony (Riccar and Simplicity Vacuum Brands)
Original Message   Jul 15, 2016 3:20 pm
Does anyone know what Tacony did to get in trouble with the Federal Trade Commission? I hear that they were involved in fraud. Will they give refunds?
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Just

Re: Tacony (Riccar and Simplicity Vacuum Brands)
Reply #1   Aug 2, 2016 2:29 pm
I had not heard they had gotten into trouble. Where did you see this? One can speculate, but will have to do some googling. https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/documents/closing_letters/nid/musa_tacony_closing_letter.pdf Here is the link. It appears that it has to do with their "Made in America" actually China machines. You can read the letter in the link. FTC chose not to pursue any charges against Tacony.
CountVacula

Reply #2   Sep 6, 2016 12:12 pm
Tacony heavily advertise that their Simplicity and Riccar vacuums lines are Made in the USA, placing their little Statue of Liberty US flag stickers on their machines, when in fact most are made in China and even those assembled in the US have a lot of foreign content such as Mexican made motors and Chinese electronics. Some of the Chinese manufactured canisters do however have US assemble power nozzles. Tacony agreed to change their marketing in exchange for the FTC declining to prosecute them. You can read the letter the FTC wrote on their web page.
This message was modified Sep 16, 2016 by CountVacula
Just

Reply #3   Sep 8, 2016 4:22 pm
https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/documents/closing_letters/nid/musa_tacony_closing_letter.pdf Would that letter by any chance be the one that I listed the link to on my post above?
Actionvac

Reply #4   Oct 19, 2016 10:21 am
Still good vacuums, the Vibrance line will run for 20 plus years, the lightweights are 2nd to none
CountVacula

Reply #5   Nov 29, 2016 6:29 pm
Any vacuum will last two decades if you don't abuse it. Use a good cloth HEPA dust bag, change both filters every six bag changes, don't run over things that jam the power nozzle or clog the hose (and unclog it fast if you do !) and any half way decent vacuum will last. The motors in canister vacuums use the suction air to cool the motor. Anything that reduces airflow will overheat the motor and shorten its life. Using a cloth HEPA dust bag and regular filter maintenance prevents dirt from entering the motor clogging and overheating it, shortening its life. Vacs bought from mom and pop vac shops usually come with a service plan where the shop inspects it and cleans it out once a year preventing much dirt from building up while allowing the shop to catch any bad habits of the owner and correct them. Vacs bought on the internet or at big box stores almost never see the inside of a vac shop and get terribly abused. You don't want to see what my wife sometimes does to a vacuum (or appliances in general !). Leave it upside down with the hose tied around it in a slipknot, wheel missing from the power nozzle. She asks in all sincerity why I bother to retract the cord when I have to pull it out again for the next use. No vacuum no matter how costly to buy, even a Tacony product, will long survive abuse. I have seen enough busted up late model Sebos to know this.
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42