Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > miele airflow comparison

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
vacomatic

miele airflow comparison
Original Message   Mar 22, 2016 8:13 pm
Took my old Baird air flow meter to measure 3 Mieles:  The old Blue Moon with Vortex motor (a retrofit: Blue Moon originally had twin fan motors), a Miele Capricorn, and a Miele Uni-Q.

With same series clean bags and filters, the Blue moon pulled close to a 7 - 8, while the Uni-Q ad Capricorn pulled around a 6 - 7.

Interesting that oldest vac of the three moves the most air.

Ironically, the Blue Moon did best with its HEPA filter.  Using a Miele adaptor and Miele super clean filter dropped its airflow to a 6 - 7.  An odor removing filter performed the same as the super clean filter.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
CountVacula

Re: miele airflow comparison
Reply #1   May 24, 2016 7:07 pm
My old Hoover Dimension 1000 pulls 8 on my BAIRD meter and about 85 inches of water lift on my suction guage both measured at the end of the hose. My Kenmore Elite pulls the BAIRD meter right off the scale, past 10. This is with an eight foot long hose. Can't get a good suction measurement due to the irregular shape of the hose end opening but even with a loud leak it was showing 82 inches. An old Kenmore Premier canister I retrofitted with the single stage Ametek-Lamb motor used in Pro Team back pack vacuums pulls my BAIRD meter to 9 at the hose end. No one needs to spend Miele prices to get superior cleaning performance.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42