Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > 5 Things to Know Before Buying a Vacuum Cleaner

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
farluhan

5 Things to Know Before Buying a Vacuum Cleaner
Original Message   Aug 29, 2015 11:13 am
I am new in this forum but i worked for a long time in this vacuum cleaning industry. Thus, i thought i should write for you all about the five most important things that you should care before buying a vacuum cleaner. Let's start. 1. Fade off issue Make sure that you are buying a vacuum cleaner which doesn't have fade off issues. Fade off issue generally means that the suction power tends to get lower as time goes by. This is a problem because when you will start cleaning the home, the result will be brilliant but soon after a few minutes, it will stop. This is a problem, so be careful. 2. Don't Be Crazy about the Amp Powers In general, a greater amp power means that your vacuum cleaner will suck dust better. This is the actual benefit of a better amp. If the machine doesn't have a good suction system but has a great amp, it won't result into anything great. So, be careful. 3. Cleaning Your dust buster will clean the home but can you clean the dust buster? Cleaning the dust buster can be tough at times. When you are thinking about buying a dust buster, make sure that you know how to clean that dust buster. 4. Freedom If you are going for corded dust busters, make sure that the cord is at least 20 feet long. Otherwise, it will be really tough for you to clean home. 5. See the Reach Some vacuum cleaners are easy to use because they can reach both ceiling and floor at ease. Try buying one of them because it will help you in the long run. I have seen many people face back problem or waist pain because of using vacuum cleaners that do not have huge reach. Be careful in buying one of them. Best of Luck.
This message was modified Aug 29, 2015 by a moderator
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
aksrivastava

Innovation is the Key To Success

Re: 5 Things to Know Before Buying a Vacuum Cleaner
Reply #1   Mar 10, 2017 4:15 am
Thanks Farluhan for sharing buying guide. i am also working in home appliance industry from last 10 year.  As per my personal view, i suggest following thing before buying new vacuum cleaner.
  1. Search and Find that service provider and dealer is easily available at your nearest location.
  2. Warranty Period
  3. Vacuum Cleaner Accessories is easily available or  not
  4. Brand
  5. Ask to provide Demo at your Home before buy

Thanks!

Anoop Srivastava
Home Appliance Expert
Tseg

Re: 5 Things to Know Before Buying a Vacuum Cleaner
Reply #2   Mar 13, 2017 8:30 am
I will add: - Any vacuum can excel at 1 thing, but being a balanced cleaning solution is more difficult... a typical home has a variety of cleaning needs - Having a variety of tools to extend reach and clean different surfaces enables more comprehensive cleaning - adjustable suction provides even greater flexibility around different surfaces - Lighter equipment is generally preferred to heavy equipment - Quieter motors are generally preferred to louder motors - Durability/warranty is important to me but some may prefer a 'disposable' approach... my life lesson is 'disposable' ends up costing more over time How much is enough? Just like one does not need a 600hp car to get them up to 55 mph on a highway there are vacuum extremes touted by vacuum manufacturers that may not be needed: - Generally don't need enough suction to suspend a bowling ball unless you own a bowling lane - I've seen homes vacuumed with a 2200W vacuum and those cleaned by a 1200W vacuum and they both seem equally clean... I think as a vacuum approaches 700W it does become challenged to do its job - Does air cleanliness between 97.0% and 97.7% really make a big difference when breathing? - Etc.. I recently switched from an upright to a cannister. The biggest obvious benefit I experienced was the longer hose and great accessories has allowed me to clean easily in long neglected areas (under beds and sofas, behind desks, etc...). - While different vacuums can have a variety of benefits, for most, having a clean house is the #1 objective Ultimately, a vacuum can only clean when it is being used... so loving one's vacuum and/or enjoying the vacuuming experience will achieve the #1 objective better as such a vacuum tends to be used more.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42