Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Looking for best hardwood floor light vacuum?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Denis

Looking for best hardwood floor light vacuum?
Original Message   Jun 21, 2015 8:54 pm
Hi,
Looking for best hardwood floor  light vacuum? got rid of my old carpet, need something that wont scratch, what do you recommend.

Thanks

Replies: 2 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Denis

Re: Looking for best hardwood floor light vacuum?
Reply #2   Jun 29, 2015 9:36 pm
So far you know what you are talking about!!!  I'm glad, I will check the links you pasted down, and come back here to give you my final choice.

Thanks again and really apreciated your help.

Regards!

Denis

CountVacula

Reply #3   Jul 16, 2015 1:48 am
Sebo and Simplicity are over priced for what they deliver. If all you have are hard floors then all you need is a decent canister and a very good rubber wheeled horse hair hard floor brush. The floor brush you can buy at any good vacuum shop to fit a standard 1 1/4 inch button lock wand. After that, find a decent moderately priced canister vacuum with standard button lock wands. You don't need a full featured machine if you are not also vacuuming carpets. Were it my money I would look at the Kenmore Lime Green canister or a Panasonic MC-CG902. Both can be found for under $200, have more than enough suction and if you use a cloth HEPA bag, change it regularly and also change both filters regularly, will last plenty long. Both have soft wheels for hard floors. The motors in the Kenmore, Panasonic and Simplicity are all non-rebuildable motors from China. The Panasonic and Kenmore motors are durable though (both made by Panasonic). The motor in the MC-CG902 in particular is a real gem, right up there with the best from Aerus Lux and Miele. Suction and airflow of the Sebo are a bit lower than these other canisters, and less than that some old 1980s and 1990s machines with old fashioned two stage motors from Lamb Electric, but the Sebo motors tend to be durable, quiet and can be rebuilt when they do wear out. The Panasonic in particular has better attachments than the Germans or Simplicity give you, four full sized attachments made for adult hands, not the kids toys you find in the German vacs and even Simplicity. For the money you save on the Panasonic or Kenmore you can buy a nice telescopic non-electric wand ($35) and a high quality wheeled horse hair floor brush (under $20 if you shop) and be money ahead.
jenniferhuggles

Reply #4   Oct 25, 2015 7:35 pm
Denis wrote:
So far you know what you are talking about!!!  I'm glad, I will check the links you pasted down, and come back here to give you my final choice.

Thanks again and really apreciated your help.

Regards!

Denis

Check out the shark rotator powered lift away - found it for pretty cheap on amazon and very happy with it.
DonnaSilva

Reply #5   Nov 18, 2015 12:35 am
I recently got dyson cinetic online. It helps me keep the entire area clean and dust free. you can try this once.
This message was modified Nov 18, 2015 by a moderator
aksrivastava

Innovation is the Key To Success

Reply #6   Mar 20, 2017 3:35 am
KENT Cyclonic Vacuum Cleaner is an ideal tool for day to day cleaning. With Its dual use floor brush, it effectively cleans carpets and hard floors. With Its powerful motor and brush, it scoops dust and debris from all corners giving you a spot-less, dust free environment.

Anoop Srivastava
Home Appliance Expert
Replies: 2 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42