Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > best canister vacuum for a $300 budget?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Jessica85

best canister vacuum for a $300 budget?
Original Message   Oct 6, 2013 6:21 am
I am going to buy a new vacuum since my old vac is kinda broken. I've got around $300 budget and it would be great if I could save some of it. There is a Miele for $300 exactly and I have heard that they are great but because I want to save some money would I make a mistake if I buy the cheaper $200ish Panasonic vacuums? I really don't want to deal with problems later on. Help will be appreciated.
This message was modified Oct 6, 2013 by a moderator
Replies: 2 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
JasonRoberts

Re: best canister vacuum for a $300 budget?
Reply #2   Oct 10, 2014 6:11 am
IMO, you can either go for a cheap Bissell 1161 which cost around $120, but does the job, or buy a $400 Miele S2121 Capri. Search them on Amazon and see what people say about them. If I were you, I'd buy the Bissell.
Actionvac

Reply #3   Oct 27, 2014 1:38 pm
Straight sucktion? Miele by far, and you will have it for 20 yrs
jessjoo

Reply #4   Nov 25, 2014 10:17 pm
The Miele S2121 olympus canister vacuum is not only reliable but there are also one of the best seller at Amazon. But the price is little over $300. If you are looking for cheaper model, I would recommend Panasonic MC-CG917 OptiFlow as the offer price at Amazon is about $200 with free shipping. Hope this help.
CountVacula

Reply #5   Dec 25, 2014 8:10 pm
For the money the best choice would be Panasonic or Kenmore. Panasonic manufactures most Kenmore branded vacuums in the same plant they manufacture their North American product line in Monterrey Mexico. Both brands offer full sized, and full power, canister vacuums with standard sized attachments very large dust bags and a superb powered floor brush. Both offer full HEPA filtration and both have motors in them that produce as much suction and airflow as anything from Aerus Lux or Miele. Miele especially has ridiculously small attachments and an altogether inadequate sized dust bag. Panasonic and Kenmore both take the same big cloth HEPA Q bag which can be purchased six to a bag for twenty bucks at Sears. Price Mieles HEPA bag and consider you will be changing them twice to three times as often as you would with the Kenmore/Panasonic bag. Miele is grotesquely overpriced for what you get. Given equal care, meaning changing filters every six bags or so and cleaning big accumulations of dust from the bag chamber, a Kenmore or Panasonic will last every bit as long as any Miele. Meile has substandard attachments and a uselessly small dust bag. I simply do not see their appeal. If you shop you can find great deals on Kenmore floor demos and open box stock items. Shop the on-line store for their Hometown Sears stores (small town franchises) and Sears Outlets. There are some very good on-line prices for Panasonic vacuums at Walmart and Home Depot. The Panasonic MC-CG902 is a particularly good value and the last of the old school canisters you can still buy today. It's literally a 1990s Kenmore Progressive with a modern high tech and high power motor. Like buying an old school classic fresh from the factory.
Replies: 2 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42