Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > How to choose best vacuum cleaner?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
TheodoreRivera

How to choose best vacuum cleaner?
Original Message   Jun 27, 2014 8:26 am
I need some Hardwood Floor Vacuum Cleaners but I want some light weight so all other family members can also use it, please give me some suggestion. Previously, I have a vacuum cleaner which is heavy in weight. Someone suggested me to buy a rainbow vacuum cleaner please tell me is it good to use? Thanks in advance.
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
TheodoreRivera

Re: How to choose best vacuum cleaner?
Reply #1   Jul 2, 2014 9:47 am
Vacuuming home is a daunting task, for buying best vacuum cleaner first of all you have to understand your hardwood floor vacuum should not be same for all floor types, it is due to most of them are work great on carpet, well for picking the best vacuum or great cleaning machine is not an easy for many people. There are some features for good hardwood cleaner like there should not be beater brushes, contain sweep and mop function, strong suction power and compact and light weight.
JasonRoberts

Reply #2   Oct 1, 2014 5:11 am
Have you considered some hybrids? Such as Bissell Symphony or Hoover SpinScrub? Both weight around 16 lbs, Bissell is ~ $200 and Hoover is ~$120
Heatsurgerepair

Reply #3   Nov 5, 2014 6:10 pm
There are many great vacuums you can choose from. Simplicity has a great line of vacuums. Maytag and Kirby are great as well.Simplicity has alot of great vacuums that are light weight. Not sure if you are in the Seattle area have s top by Vacuums Etc at 6401 South Tacoma Way. They push Kirby but Simplicity I think is your best choice for what you are looking for. Hope this works.
This message was modified Nov 5, 2014 by a moderator
CountVacula

Reply #4   Dec 25, 2014 9:43 pm
Have you thought about a canister vacuum? You don't push the whole weight of the vacuum around, only the wand and floor brush. Those can be very light especially if the wand is aluminum. If all you are vacuuming is hard floors and no carpets you don't need the most powerful vacuum on the market. Find a good canister with standard 1 1/4 inch button lock wands and buy a good quality rubber wheeled horse hair hard floor brush for under $20 if the vac doesn't come with one (many canisters come with small non-wheeled floor brushes that are inadequate). Beyond that pay attention to the size and quality of the other attachments like the dusting and upholstery brushes. Many very expensive vacuums come with ridiculously small and fragile attachments. An upright is not a great choice for hard floors, oh sure most will do it but they are not as easy to use as a canister, and they are likewise less easily used for dusting and stairs than a good canister vac. I am partial to Panasonic and Kenmore canisters and the Panasonic MC-CG902 is more than you probably need but is an outstanding canister that can be routinely found for $250 or less new. If you shop aggressively and are willing to buy open box stock or a floor demo you can buy top of the line Kenmore or Panasonic canisters with all the bells and whistles for under $150 and sometimes even under $100.
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42