Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Kirby G4 not working.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Cleaningvaccum12

Kirby G4 not working.
Original Message   Dec 13, 2012 5:18 pm
I have a Kirby G4 vacuum from about 1993 and I recently vacuumed over a smelly patch in my carpet that left the vacuum smelling terrible. I proceeded to take the vacuum outside and flushed water through the whole system ( Under the impression that it was perfectly sealed.) I turned it on and off about 4 times during the flush out and on the last turn on - It didn't :(. I know it sounds really stupid that I did that. But I had to get rid of the smell, I couldn't stand it >:P So I am trying to get the face plate off and it seems as if it was put on with JB WELD!! I CANNOT GET IT OFF! I was very surprised to see how much water the g4 could flush out of its system. And yes, the smell is gone. So why is the faceplate so hard to get off? And nothing looks wet in the body, so why is the vacuum not turning on? Thanks, The CleaningVacuum.
Replies: 3 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
HARDSELL

Re: Kirby G4 not working.
Reply #3   Feb 13, 2013 5:08 pm
hooverman wrote:
Kirby (post-G Series only) is the WORST vacuum ever! The Sentria is even worse; it does a TERRIBLE job vacing. You'll be better getting a Sanitaire SC888. Even a 30+ yr old Kirby will outperform the new Sentria.

How does the Sanitaire perform after receiving a bath?
textchx

Re: Kirby G4 not working.
Reply #4   Feb 22, 2013 12:06 pm
I think you need to bring it back to where you bought it :) Maybe they can help... Uhuh, does it have a warranty? if it does then they can fix it for free.
Replies: 3 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42