Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Considering a backpack vac- suggestions?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
RHalfax

Considering a backpack vac- suggestions?
Original Message   Jan 2, 2013 11:47 pm
I was looking over everyone's posts and didn't seem to see many recommendations for backpack vacs. My wife Jenny and I both work long hours and come home to clean up but our of fear of straining ourselves further by leaning over have found ourselves hesistant to touch our stand-up vac. Any one have any suggestions? (We've only briefly looked into our options).
Thanks,
Roger
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
FastEddie1

Re: Considering a backpack vac- suggestions?
Reply #1   Jan 12, 2013 11:43 am
Back pack vacuums are great however they are designed for large areas and open space except most of them do not have a rotating brush. Therefore if you live a house that have a pad and knap to your carpet plus if you have any pets, that kind of vacuum  would not be great for that kind of flooring. These vacuums are great for industrial kind of carpet and bear flooring only. While looking for a vacuum make sure to consider whether the vacuum is made for American homes as 97% of vacuums are designed for foreign homes.
This message was modified Jan 14, 2013 by a moderator
RHalfax

Reply #2   Jan 14, 2013 3:32 pm
Eddie, your link didn't work. Repost?
Thanks, Roger
janitorial

Reply #3   Feb 27, 2013 10:33 am
I am working in a janitorial store in Louisville, Ky. Backpack vacuums are good after you get used to the wieght. They aren't that heavy. Yes, they are bulky and you have to watch out to what is around you so you wont knock things off. It would be nice if you have a canister with an extra long hose or one that is within the walls.
This message was modified Feb 27, 2013 by janitorial
tomamal

Reply #4   Mar 7, 2013 12:08 am
RHalfax, from your post, I understand that the main reason for your considering a backpack vac, is to avoid strain caused by leaning over. But these days, you do get advanced models of both upright and canister vacuums which do not require bending over as they have all the controls conveniently positioned on the handle and the movements are motorized to cause less strain.
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42