Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Kenmore Intuition canister vacuum issue

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
cjh20

Kenmore Intuition canister vacuum issue
Original Message   Dec 2, 2012 7:50 pm

Hi all.  I'm so happy to have found a forum dedicated to vacuums. 

I purchased a Kenmore Intuition canister vac (model 116.280157) in June of 2009.  Over the last several months the brush on the power head has been intermittently stopping.  This happens with both the floor powermate and the Pet powermate.  At the time the roller stops, the light turns off, but there is still suction.  This problem has increased to the point the vac is unusable.  I noticed that if I pull the connection of the handle and the tube (or pet powermate) together the roller starts again.

I spoke with a local vacuum repair shop, and they told me that I needed a new hose assembly.  I found the part (#kc94pdduzc0d) online at sears parts three weeks ago for $106, but didn't purchase it at that time.  A couple of days ago I went to buy it and the price had jumped to $208!

So my questions to those in the know.  Is this a common problem? if it is I'll just get a new vacuum rather spending that money every few years.  Is there someplace else I could potentially get the replacement part?  I understand Panasonic makes these, do they have an equivalent part?  Is there another way to troubleshoot or fix the problem w/o spending 1/3 of what I paid for the entire vacuum new?  Thanks in advance.  I'm really not very happy with Sears right now.

Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Thread
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42