Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DC18


Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Joined: Jul 25, 2007
Points: 294

SEBO Vacs
Original Message   Jul 17, 2012 6:24 pm
Hi all Just wondered if anyone knew of anything new on the horizon from SEBO? Will SEBO ever upgrade the X Series or replace it with a completely new model like the C Series canister was replaced by the D Series!? Thanks DC18
Replies: 18 - 27 of 27Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
DC18


Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Joined: Jul 25, 2007
Points: 294

Re: SEBO Vacs
Reply #18   Sep 14, 2012 5:02 pm
I've not really had any pet smells coming from my SEBO Felix to notice since we have a dog! The model I believe was the SEBO Felix 1 Premium - picture was the white and navy one! They gave it a best buy and strangely part of the cons was it noisy!! I don't find my particularly noisy! I know what you mean about Which! Will try the new style bags once I have finished with the paper ones!
Moderator Mike_W


"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"


Joined: Dec 1, 2004
Points: 1683

Re: SEBO Vacs
Reply #19   Sep 26, 2012 11:07 pm
jkbmmv wrote:
As far as the canister with the long hose, its nice to be able to do an entire flight of stairs without fighting with the canister, as well as clean my car out without having to drag the vac to each door.. 

If you really want a long hose, why  not just purchase an extension hose.  This hose can connect to the wand-end of the handle hose.  Then you can vacuum w/o moving the main vacuum unit.
vacmanuk


Location: Scotland UK
Joined: May 31, 2009
Points: 1162

Re: SEBO Vacs
Reply #20   Oct 2, 2012 11:07 am
The only problem with an extension hose on top of the existing hose from your vacuum is having a vacuum that is powerful enough to contain the suction power right through/compensate for an extra hose to be added. My Numatic Henry 1200w just about copes with 6 metres of extra extension hose on top of its already long 2.5 metre hose - but it always has to be put in the highest suction setting compared to the lowest setting. Again it also depends on the actual vacuum of choice and its design - if it has sealed suction, very little leaks and air outlet valves are closed over, it's far more effective.
This message was modified Oct 2, 2012 by vacmanuk
Moderator Mike_W


"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"


Joined: Dec 1, 2004
Points: 1683

Re: SEBO Vacs
Reply #21   Oct 3, 2012 2:52 am
vacmanuk wrote:
The only problem with an extension hose on top of the existing hose from your vacuum is having a vacuum that is powerful enough to contain the suction power right through/compensate for an extra hose to be added. My Numatic Henry 1200w just about copes with 6 metres of extra extension hose on top of its already long 2.5 metre hose - but it always has to be put in the highest suction setting compared to the lowest setting. Again it also depends on the actual vacuum of choice and its design - if it has sealed suction, very little leaks and air outlet valves are closed over, it's far more effective.

The Riccar 1700 is a powerful machine.  Utilizing an extension hose, say 15ft., will not cause problems.  You would have to imagine that even if there was decrease in performance, this model would still have adequate power to finish a task.  This vac collector just wants the longer length to clean on his bed.  A power nozzle will not be able to be used.  Personally, I have used long extension hoses on weaker performing machines w/fine results.  A universal extension hose is acceptable for the Riccar.
vacmanuk


Location: Scotland UK
Joined: May 31, 2009
Points: 1162

Re: SEBO Vacs
Reply #22   Oct 6, 2012 4:53 pm
Mike_W wrote:
The Riccar 1700 is a powerful machine.  Utilizing an extension hose, say 15ft., will not cause problems.  You would have to imagine that even if there was decrease in performance, this model would still have adequate power to finish a task.  This vac collector just wants the longer length to clean on his bed.  A power nozzle will not be able to be used.  Personally, I have used long extension hoses on weaker performing machines w/fine results.  A universal extension hose is acceptable for the Riccar.

Not use a power head on a bed? I used my Sebo ET-1 all the time for cleaning the mattress - not a problem there.

As for the Riccar 1700 - well, it it has a 1700 watt motor thus going by its name, then I'd still be questionning the use of a much longer extension hose on top of what it has. I say this because I have tried my own Miele S4 which has an 1800 motor - and turned up to the max, it struggles to keep up with strong suction and the 1.5 metre extension hose already added to its 1.8 metre standard hose that comes with the machine. Proof you can have the best machine in the world with sealed suction, but still unable to sustain the same power with a much longer extension hose attached on top of its existing design.
Moderator Mike_W


"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"


Joined: Dec 1, 2004
Points: 1683

Re: SEBO Vacs
Reply #23   Oct 6, 2012 6:57 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Not use a power head on a bed? I used my Sebo ET-1 all the time for cleaning the mattress - not a problem there.
v
As for the Riccar 1700 - well, it it has a 1700 watt motor thus going by its name, then I'd still be questionning the use of a much longer extension hose on top of what it has. I say this because I have tried my own Miele S4 which has an 1800 motor - and turned up to the max, it struggles to keep up with strong suction and the 1.5 metre extension hose already added to its 1.8 metre standard hose that comes with the machine. Proof you can have the best machine in the world with sealed suction, but still unable to sustain the same power with a much longer extension hose attached on top of its existing design.

Do not be so quick to try to find something wrong w/my statement, because you will only come to a deadend.

He would not be able to use a power nozzle on his bed or even to vacuum his rugs, because the extension hose does not have electric wiring for doing so.  Stop and think before reacting.  He has animals, I believe,  he probably is dealing w/animal hair, etc.  He most likely has a comforter, quilt, etc., which he does not want to wash every few days.  What some people do is vacuum them off.  He probably gets on the bed and makes his way around; vacuuming as he goes.  Now, think about vacuuming the same thing w/a power nozzle.  No, it is not going to work.  The material is going to get caught, plus the brushroll will wear the material faster than it possibly could on carpeting.  Why in the world would someone want a very long hose to use a power nozzle on the bed. Maybe if the bed was 15ft. high.  Believe me, there were a few times that I just used the upholstery attachment or floor brush to vacuum off an area of my comforter.  He is a vacuum collector like yourself.  Put yourself in his shoes.  He can do what he wants. 

As for the power from an extension hose, well, read my comment.  There would still be adequate amount of power to finish the task.  He understand extension hoses. He even said that he used a hose on his Filter Queen, which you failed to see.  You failed to recognize I even said I used extension hoses on "weaker performing machines".

I have used a vacuum cleaner w/a brushroll, to vacuum my mattresses regularly.  I have told people to do this for ages.  Some think they need a special vacuum cleaner to do it, but they do not.  They do not need to convert their Kirby to a handheld for mattress cleaning.  What I do, and tell others to do, is put the vacuum on the bed and start going over it.  No need to get on the mattress or stretch.  No need to take alot of time.  

As for the Riccar 1700.  I cannot figure out why someone in Scotland wants to tell the U.S. about our machines, which you have never used.  The 1700 has a 1700 watt motor?  Does that mean the 1800 has an 1800 watt motor. Does the Miele S2 have a two watt motor and the S8 have an eight watt motor.  For those who want to know, companies have chosen many different names which may have nothing to do w/the motor.
vacmanuk


Location: Scotland UK
Joined: May 31, 2009
Points: 1162

Re: SEBO Vacs
Reply #24   Oct 8, 2012 6:33 am
Mike_W wrote:
Do not be so quick to try to find something wrong w/my statement, because you will only come to a deadend.

He would not be able to use a power nozzle on his bed or even to vacuum his rugs, because the extension hose does not have electric wiring for doing so.  Stop and think before reacting.  He has animals, I believe,  he probably is dealing w/animal hair, etc.  He most likely has a comforter, quilt, etc., which he does not want to wash every few days.  What some people do is vacuum them off.  He probably gets on the bed and makes his way around; vacuuming as he goes.  Now, think about vacuuming the same thing w/a power nozzle.  No, it is not going to work.  The material is going to get caught, plus the brushroll will wear the material faster than it possibly could on carpeting.  Why in the world would someone want a very long hose to use a power nozzle on the bed. Maybe if the bed was 15ft. high.  Believe me, there were a few times that I just used the upholstery attachment or floor brush to vacuum off an area of my comforter.  He is a vacuum collector like yourself.  Put yourself in his shoes.  He can do what he wants. 

As for the power from an extension hose, well, read my comment.  There would still be adequate amount of power to finish the task.  He understand extension hoses. He even said that he used a hose on his Filter Queen, which you failed to see.  You failed to recognize I even said I used extension hoses on "weaker performing machines".

I have used a vacuum cleaner w/a brushroll, to vacuum my mattresses regularly.  I have told people to do this for ages.  Some think they need a special vacuum cleaner to do it, but they do not.  They do not need to convert their Kirby to a handheld for mattress cleaning.  What I do, and tell others to do, is put the vacuum on the bed and start going over it.  No need to get on the mattress or stretch.  No need to take alot of time.  

As for the Riccar 1700.  I cannot figure out why someone in Scotland wants to tell the U.S. about our machines, which you have never used.  The 1700 has a 1700 watt motor?  Does that mean the 1800 has an 1800 watt motor. Does the Miele S2 have a two watt motor and the S8 have an eight watt motor.  For those who want to know, companies have chosen many different names which may have nothing to do w/the motor.

Do not even threaten me again. Just because you're the moderator as you plainly outline in all the posts you maintain does not mean others do not have the right to voice their opinion. As you retierate to "do what he wants," in reference to his status being a vacuum cleaner collector, likewise me and others who choose to offer a different opinion. If you wish me to contact powers above you again, you're going the right way - and this time, unlike so many other members who have left because of you I have the power to review your site and yourself.

I regularly vacuum my quilt and mattress with my Sebo power head - infact Vorwerk's videos on You Tube show that their nozzles can do the same thing. Maybe his vacuum doesn't allow the handle and a power nozzle to be used without the extension hose - my Sebo K3 does! I also have two cats. Rightly so, if the quilt has loose threads then it isn't suitable for a power nozzle, but then again if he uses a mini air driven turbo brush the loose threads are still going to be snagged up. Really if you wish me to present a video of me vacumming my quilt, top cover and mattress I'll gladly post a video just for you on You Tube.

I asked a question about the Riccar's motor. Nothing else. I would never dream about "telling" a member about a vacuum that I don't own - but I am trying to suggest that even with an 1800 watt Miele I found it difficult for the machine to cope with half a bag full of dust, suction max'd and an added extension hose on top.
Moderator Mike_W


"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"


Joined: Dec 1, 2004
Points: 1683

Re: SEBO Vacs
Reply #25   Oct 8, 2012 3:02 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Do not even threaten me again. Just because you're the moderator as you plainly outline in all the posts you maintain does not mean others do not have the right to voice their opinion. As you retierate to "do what he wants," in reference to his status being a vacuum cleaner collector, likewise me and others who choose to offer a different opinion. If you wish me to contact powers above you again, you're going the right way - and this time, unlike so many other members who have left because of you I have the power to review your site and yourself.

I regularly vacuum my quilt and mattress with my Sebo power head - infact Vorwerk's videos on You Tube show that their nozzles can do the same thing. Maybe his vacuum doesn't allow the handle and a power nozzle to be used without the extension hose - my Sebo K3 does! I also have two cats. Rightly so, if the quilt has loose threads then it isn't suitable for a power nozzle, but then again if he uses a mini air driven turbo brush the loose threads are still going to be snagged up. Really if you wish me to present a video of me vacumming my quilt, top cover and mattress I'll gladly post a video just for you on You Tube.

I asked a question about the Riccar's motor. Nothing else. I would never dream about "telling" a member about a vacuum that I don't own - but I am trying to suggest that even with an 1800 watt Miele I found it difficult for the machine to cope with half a bag full of dust, suction max'd and an added extension hose on top.
Ryan,
There was no threat.  Believe me, if I were to make a threat, you would know it.  I do not need to make threats.  Again, you made a threat of what you would do to this site and me.  People would have to wonder why someone is here, who does not like being here.  Why would someone make a threat of writing a not so good review of a site they continue to visit. I cannot help what you do outside this site, but people really need to read this last post of yours and see your true colors.

Do  not worry about who is here and who is not.  There are still plenty visiting.  HARDSELL, for one, still visits here.


I always have said, and will continue to say, people can post comments here.  You, as a poster, have to be aware that others also have a right to debate what you are saying.  If you do not want anyone to debate what you are saying, then I would suggest that you create your own discussion forum or vacuum cleaner club.  That way, you are in control.  You see, when someone makes a comment, you in turn come back with a disagreement or correction. When I can come back w/a statement, you follow up w/ something like, "It's my opinion" and through negative comments about me or this site.  That is not going to work.  That type of behavior is done by children, when they do not get their way.  When they feel they are not "winning", they will say something hurtful.  It only makes them look like childish

Mike W
Moderator
vacman2


Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Points: 11

Re: SEBO Vacs
Reply #26   Oct 9, 2012 4:10 pm
As A dealer we have not heard of anything new but usually introduced in Feb at out annual show, but if not broke don't fix, still my favorite vacuum, however Miele S7 price and features now makes it a tougher sell
DC18


Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Joined: Jul 25, 2007
Points: 294

Re: SEBO Vacs
Reply #27   Jan 26, 2013 12:17 pm
I wonder what SEBO has install for the coming year for 2013! I see in the UK they are becoming more prominent in Retail Stores than ever before which is good to see. I never thought I'd say this but I'm glad I've gone back to 'bags' after many years of being bagless! Lot less messy with a bag too!
Replies: 18 - 27 of 27Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2014 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42