Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > So many to choose from??? Help Please

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
kopite248

So many to choose from??? Help Please
Original Message   Jul 17, 2012 4:33 pm
Hi ive been searching for a vacuum for my wife. She has had a Kirby Hoover for may years. Its a very sturdy vacuum, but it has seen its day.

All the vacuums reviewed look good. But now I cant decide and im worried I could get one a it be big disappointment.

Im not fussed on an upright or canister, just the quality. I want it to last so any help deciding would be much appreciated.  

Thanks
Carl
This message was modified Jul 18, 2012 by a moderator
Replies: 3 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
edman

Re: So many to choose from??? Help Please
Reply #3   Jul 28, 2012 1:27 pm
I have a Kirby g4 purchased in 1994 and I use it til this day. I have replaced the beater bar, bags of course and that is it. If you have a Kirby then you know they are easy to push, I taped my daughter riding mine while I clean here: http://youtu.be/PnviK0WSfEs . Even better than its ease of use is how deep it cleans. It creates a suction and lifts the carpet while beating it so I no the air flow goes from bottom to top of the carpet.
vacman2

Reply #4   Aug 10, 2012 11:22 am
I'm a Vac dealer and still say the Sebo x4 is one of the best out there, the Miele s7 has more features but time will tell how it holds up as is very heavy.
FastEddie1

Reply #5   Dec 22, 2012 11:10 am
If you want durability than Sebo is your vacuum however they are lite on agitation however if you are interested in cleaning and durability  than you must look into the Riccar Brilliance.
DiscountVacs

Reply #6   Jan 25, 2013 10:58 pm
Hi Carl,

What kind of features is she looking for in a vacuum? Lightweight? Extention tools? Bags/Bagless? If you want a vacuum that lasts, look towards the commercial line. They are a tad bid more expensive however in time it pays for itself.

Thank you,

DJ

tomamal

Reply #7   Mar 7, 2013 12:21 am
Lot of factors to be considered before choosing a vacuum cleaner. Is your house big?, What type of flooring? Hardwood, tiled, carpeted?. Do you have pets? Are there many members in the family?. All these factors would decide on the type of vac you buy. A big house with many rooms would mean a vacuum that has high suction and a wide cleaning path to save on cleaning effort and time. Hardwood flooring or tiled flooring - canisters would be a better choice. On carpets, uprights would work easier. Before buying, read opinions or reviews of members who are using the particular model. Look for manufacturer's warranty and manual. Wish you a happy hunting!!
textchx

Reply #8   Mar 10, 2013 1:03 pm
Hi, There are a lot of considerations in buying a perfect vacuum that is best for you. First, who will be the one to use it? If its your wife, you have to consider its weight. Second, How much money would it cost you? Of course, I assume that you would love to have one that is savvy and durable. Lastly, what is the brand/quality? We all know that every brands/manufacturers have their original and unique characteristics. May it be Sebo, Miele, Dyson. These are the top vacuum cleaners that were used among the consumers/buyers. Brands like LG, Eureka on the other hand have a lower ratings in customer reviews. In my own discretion, all vacuum cleaners are in good condition whenever it was used properly and stored in its place. These stuff should be taken care of in order for them to last.
jazzmaedc

Reply #9   Jun 30, 2013 11:48 am
kopite248 wrote:
Hi ive been searching for a vacuum for my wife. She has had a Kirby Hoover for may years. Its a very sturdy vacuum, but it has seen its day.

All the vacuums reviewed look good. But now I cant decide and im worried I could get one a it be big disappointment.

Im not fussed on an upright or canister, just the quality. I want it to last so any help deciding would be much appreciated.  

Thanks
Carl

I’ve been searching for the perfect vacuum cleaner for years. I came across the Kenmore Progressive Canister Vacuum Cleaner.I was very impressed to find that it can suck up anything on the stairs as well. This is a multi-functional vacuum that can clean pretty much any area in the house. And it’s extremely flexible, meaning I can get behind, beside, or under any spot.
This message was modified Jul 1, 2013 by a moderator
sswfnhtu

Reply #10   Jul 4, 2013 2:25 am
jazzmaedc wrote:
I’ve been searching for the perfect vacuum cleaner for years. I came across the Kenmore Progressive Canister Vacuum Cleaner.I was very impressed to find that it can suck up anything on the stairs as well. This is a multi-functional vacuum that can clean pretty much any area in the house. And it’s extremely flexible,  meaning I can get behind, beside, or under any spot.

I used the Shark vacuum cleaner, I suggest look
TheodoreRivera

Reply #11   Jun 27, 2014 7:46 am
Hey, It depends upon your need and requirement that which type of floor you have and how much heavy duty vacuum cleaner you want. I will suggest you to use Sebo Rosso vacuum cleaner. It is the best according to me, but there is also a good option like GTech AirRAM, Karcher WD5.200MP. You can select from them.
CountVacula

Reply #12   Dec 25, 2014 10:29 pm
I bought a Windsor Sensor S12 on the strength of seeing the cleaning staff where I work hammer them day in and day out. It is a very well made machine with great dust control and some features that make clearing jams and routine maintenance very simple to accomplish. And unlike too many other uprights the basic design doesn't lend itself to jams. No u-shaped tubes or hoses anywhere to collect dirt and jam. I also have two Kirby Gs and the Windsor beats them for ease of use no question. My one criticism of the Windsor is that it does not work on deep pile carpeting. The belt sensor misinterprets the drag on the brush roll from deep carpet as a belt jam and shuts the vacuum off. It is a crying shame to me because it is otherwise one of the great upright vacs on the market. Btw, you do know that Kirby offers a factory rebuild program for less money than you will probably spend on a new vacuum? It is a very good deal. I am not a big Kirby fan but they do an exceptional job of supporting their vintage machines. There is literally no reason to ever dispose of one. Everything on them can be fixed and parts are usually still in production for even decades old Kirbys. Another thought is a professionally refurbished machine. I have seen some beautifully refurbished Electrolux (before the 2004 name change to Aerus) and even more recent Aerus Lux machines offered for less than you might pay for a crummy plastivac at a big box store. Lux likewise supports their old machines as their two low priced models have been in production in one form or another since the 1980s. Durable timeless machines. I would buy a professionally refurbished Lux before buying a new Hoover/Bissel/Dyson/Shark plastic junk vacuum. Kenmore also sells professionally refurbished machines through their "Hometown Sears" and Sears Outlet web sites. These are returns and demos that are professionally refurbished. There are some great deals on these. Just a thought.
Replies: 3 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42