Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Vita-Vac Model 88 -- missing elec. cord for wand

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
sarosen

Vita-Vac Model 88 -- missing elec. cord for wand
Original Message   Jun 23, 2012 1:05 pm
got one of these at a garage sale the other day and only when I got it home did I notice that the middle electrical cord that runs along extension wand, between the power head and the where it plugs short cord from the hose is missing.  And the short cord that runs out of the top of the extension wand, and plugs into the hose,  is kind of pulled out, though I can probably tape that and it will be OK.
Anyway, I hope I am describing this right.  It looks like a great vac  -- I love these sturdy old fashioned 'no bells and whistles' types and am hoping there is somewhere I can find a replacement cord since VitaMix no longer sells parts.
thanks so much for your help
Susan
This message was modified Jun 23, 2012 by sarosen
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Re: Vita-Vac Model 88 -- missing elec. cord for wand
Reply #1   Jun 23, 2012 2:56 pm
sarosen wrote:
got one of these at a garage sale the other day and only when I got it home did I notice that the middle electrical cord that runs along extension wand, between the power head and the where it plugs short cord from the hose is missing.  And the short cord that runs out of the top of the extension wand, and plugs into the hose,  is kind of pulled out, though I can probably tape that and it will be OK.
Anyway, I hope I am describing this right.  It looks like a great vac  -- I love these sturdy old fashioned 'no bells and whistles' types and am hoping there is somewhere I can find a replacement cord since VitaMix no longer sells parts.
thanks so much for your help
Susan

Let me see if I got this right.  You are saying that the electrical cord, that runs from the power nozzle up to the wand-end of the hose is missing? 

This would mean that you have the Douglas-made power nozzle.  What you would need to do is purchase a power nozzle cord.  They are not too expensive or hard to find.  Best thing to do is take the power nozzle w/wands to a vac shop.  They will know what part to get and should have something for you.  They can also do the repair, if you do not have knowledge of the repair.

You have a very good vacuum cleaner, which should last for many years, if taken care of(see my quot under my screen name).  What I would suggest, if you want your machine to last, is to purchase Air-Tec brand vac bags.  They are made out of a much better material than the generic bags for Air-Way(manufacturer for your Vita-Vac).  Air-Tec uses the former Air-Way Saniclean canister, their older attachments and the Wessel-Werk power nozzle. 
This message was modified Jun 23, 2012 by Mike_W
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42