Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
vacmanuk

LATEST VACS...
Original Message   Jan 21, 2010 5:52 pm
http://www.appliancist.com/vacuum_cleaners/electrolux-silence-amplified-musical-vacuum-cleaner-ipod-vacuum.html Electrolux have launched a cylinder vacuum cleaner with an Ipod Dock!! Frankly I like the noise of my vacuum. Perhaps this model has a loud motor?! Also: http://www.appliancist.com/vacuum_cleaners/ This model and quite a few "new" European models due to be launched in various parts of Europe soon such as the new "Ease" uprights from Electrolux, only betitled because they are bagless cyclonic uprights fitted with an auto rewinding cable. What will Electrolux think up next? We had auto cord rewinding uprights in the UK back in the 1970s!
Replies: 59 - 68 of 84Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
vacmanuk

Re: LATEST VACS...
Reply #59   Jan 26, 2012 10:48 am
The current 2012 models on sale now definately have the upgraded motor - earlier 2011 models may well have them too. Apparently they are a little quieter, but more importantly don't produce much air thrust.
vacmanuk

Reply #60   Feb 1, 2012 5:23 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
The current 2012 models on sale now definately have the upgraded motor - earlier 2011 models may well have them too. Apparently they are a little quieter, but more importantly don't produce much air thrust.

Just been alerted to day that the only way of identifying the new models is if you remove the filter at the bottom of the bin and shine a torch into the motor vent - older Felix motors use Ametek Italia motors - the newer ones dont have anything written on them other than B/S/H written to the side. UK bound models may have new serial numbers that begin with "X" or "Y".
vacmanuk

Reply #61   Feb 8, 2012 6:42 pm
Panasonic have at last updated some of their bagged upright vacuums, but this model uses a 3.5 litre dust bag and is priced close to the SEBO Felix:

Panasonic MC-UG614:
5.9Kg
Swivel head and 2 motor system.
7 metre cord
Tool kit
Mini turbo brush
hard floor to carpet adjuster/on/off.
3.5 litre capacity bag, 1900 watt, 250 air watts (Claimed).

I demo'd one in the John Lewis where they are selling and it's a good-ish model. Has variable suction on the handle just like the Felix. Difficult to get around furniture due to its 14" floor head though.

Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #62   Feb 9, 2012 4:15 am
We have had this vacuum, under the Kenmore name, for over a year and a half now.  I see they did not even bother to change the color for the UK.  This is a very good vacuum cleaner.  I like the full-sized power nozzle.  No one can call it a wimpy power nozzle.  It cleans both carpeting and floors very well.  When the machine first came out, I thought they should have put an attachment port where the "cleanout" port was.  Well, it looks like someone listened to me, but only on the UK machines. 

Putting a fold down handle on it, would not have hurt either

Sears is offering this vacuum at a very good price.  Before the Glide was even available, it started at about $200.00.  But  like I said back then, " prices will drop as the product has been around for a while."

For what it is, it is a very good vacuum cleaner.  It is not loud by no means, but I could say that it is louder than a HOOVER Windtunnel Air. But then look at the differences, in size, of the motors, in the nozzles.   It would be fine for someone who lives in a small place like a loft or studio apartment, who does somewhat limited vacuuming.  It could be used as an "in between vacuuming" vacuum, when all you want to do is run the machine over the carpeting in the middle of the week or more. 
vacmanuk

Reply #63   Feb 9, 2012 7:43 am
I like the design, Mike but what I don't like are the separate attachments. Clearly it would have added weight had Panasonic fitted them to the back of the model. For the UK price putting it into direct line with the Sebo Felix, I was also surprised to find the Panasonic doesn't have a long cord attached to it. It wouldn't have added weight had Panasonic fitted a slide in, slide out stabiliser at least - there is one but you have to manually fit it each time you want to use the hose, another fitting that has to be manually added.
DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #64   Feb 9, 2012 5:24 pm
Think I would still prefer my SEBO Felix over the Panasonic! DC18
vacmanuk

Reply #65   Feb 21, 2012 1:50 pm
DC18 wrote:
Hi Vacmanuk Just wondered if you have used the 'newer' bags on the Felix? I'm still using the paper ones and wondered how much better if the 'newer' felix bags are? You you know if they will be replacing the paper ones on the X Series? Thanks DC18

Our tumble dryer went on the blink recently so the Felix came into its own for sucking out all the dirt and giving me one quarter space left in the paper dust bag. I've since removed the paper dust bag and started using one of the synthetic dust bags just to see what it's like. As you know, the Felix dust bags have sealable caps that you can actually reopen, so I'll use the paper bag next time when it comes to cleaning out other people's home to finish it off. Already the new synthetic bag has been used for containing sucked up pet hair - the filtration aspects are better - and one of the biggest shocks is that when I increase the suction slider for the motor on the handle, the bag doesn't register "half full" like the paper bag. Nothing at all registers for the moment!
DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #66   Feb 21, 2012 4:55 pm
Hi vacmanuk thanks for the info on the SEBO Felix synthetic bags. Thats great to hear the filtration is better on the synthetic bags compared to the paper ones. Interesting to know that the new type bags don't register half full when power is increased, that is a surprise! Also be interesting to see if suction remains 100% as the synthetic bag gets full, as I notice a slight drop on my felix as the paper bag fills up which is understandable. Can't wait to get and try some of these new bags, might not bother getting the charcoal pre-motor filter just try these new type bags. Still got 7 or so paper bags to use yet though! Might still buy a box though! Have you seen the new SEBO Felix on the SEBO German website, Felix Crystal? Looks fab, I'm liking that. Wonder if that will appear in the UK!? DC18
vacmanuk

Reply #67   Feb 22, 2012 6:53 am
Yep, have seen the Swakovski edition already - wouldn't be a bad idea just to order the waist sleeve and put it on a Felix Pet and then hide it away for many years : ) That's if you can afford the initial pay out.
vacmanuk

Reply #68   Feb 28, 2012 1:26 pm
New Felix edition colour to be launched to celebrate our British Queen's jubilee, the Felix Royale.

Replies: 59 - 68 of 84Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42