Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

New ideas . . .
Original Message   Jan 12, 2012 3:01 pm
Howdy all,

Thinking it would take a while, it came as a surprise to learn LG's put the "Follow Me" canister vac out on display at the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show yesterday.   What's your feeling on how well the "Follow Me" will sell?

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/lg-introduces-motorized-canister-vacuum-and-new-robotic-vacuum-2012-01-11

Best,

Venson

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
vacmanuk

Re: New ideas . . .
Reply #1   Jan 13, 2012 5:37 pm

Oh, well done Venson! Though reading through the lines here about this product, it does sound like a self mechanised driven cylinder vacuum with a laser eye to follow the owner/user. I was initially thinking it would be a robot along the lines of Short Circuit/Johnny 5 whose hose would independently open up and clean the whole home with just a program list from a hand held remote control. No such luck - but perhaps that will come one day, and most probably from Honda, the master of robots!

Taken from  LG:

The KOMPRESSORTM FOLLOW ME eliminates the need to constantly tug on the hose while moving through the house, while the KOMPRESSORTM SMART ELITE utilizes self-diagnostic display features to prevent problems before they occur. Both vacuum cleaners incorporate LG’s KOMPRESSORTM technology; a unique motorized dust compression system that enables powerful and long-lasting suction, enhanced hygiene and easier dust disposal.

“The new KOMPRESSORTM FOLLOW ME is a revolutionary cleaner; it brings greater performance and convenience, and changes the way customers move the cleaner through their homes,” said Young-ha Lee, President and CEO of LG Electronics Home Appliance Company. “Likewise, LG’s KOMPRESSORTM SMART ELITE is equipped with smart alerts and smart display features that help customers use the cleaner more effectively. LG started with the assumption that vacuuming chores could be managed in more intelligent ways, and with these two cleaners, we’ve made vacuuming smarter, cleaner and easier.”

Both vacuum cleaners incorporate LG’s KOMPRESSORTM technology, an advanced dust compression technology that provides more powerful suction, and easier and more hygienic dust disposal. KOMPRESSORTM technology also prevents dust clouds when emptying the dustbin, keeping the cleaning environment more hygienic. From vacuum-ing to managing the cleaner, LG’s KOMPRESSORTM ensures a hygienic environment for customers.

A Cleaning Companion: The Vacuum that Follows Its Owner
The KOMPRESSORTM FOLLOW ME’s unique Automatic Location Recognition and Active Following Wheel technologies prompt the vacuum cleaner to keep pace with a customer if he or she moves more than 1m away from the cleaner. With four sensors, one in the handle and three in the body, the KOMPRESSORTM FOLLOW ME maintains a hose-length distance so as to not bump into the customer’s heels, while at the same time eliminating the need to tug on the hose to keep the body moving. Intelligent programming keeps the KOMPRESSORTM FOLLOW ME’s movements and controls simple and fluid, meaning that customers can spend less effort and less time on vacuuming chores.

KOMPRESSORTM SMART ELITE Keeps Consumers in the Know
The KOMPRESSORTM SMART ELITE was designed with consumer convenience in mind; its three central features combine to make vacuuming a less burdensome, more efficient task. The Dust Gauge shows how much space is left in the dustbin so customers know when to empty it. The Clogging Alert Display posts warning messages in the event that the pre-filter begins to clog up, an issue that can arise when customers forget to clean the pre-filter in time. Also, the Voice Guidance feature announces to customers when the dustbin needs to be emptied.

The KOMPRESSORTM SMART ELITE is all the more effective because of its two-inone vacuum and Steam Mop. The Steam Mop is a steam-driven system that wipes away minute dust particles, leaving the floor polished and disinfected, and ensuring a much more thorough clean.

The KOMPRESSORTM FOLLOW ME and KOMPRESSORTM SMART ELITE make cleaning faster, more efficient and more intelligent. Taken together, they are model examples of LG’s drive to make life in the home smarter and more enjoyable.

To be introduced in Korea in September, the KOMPRESSOR FOLLOW ME™ will be available in Russia, Iran, Australia, France, Italy and Spain early 2012 with other markets to follow.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42