Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Anyone tried the LG Kompressor Canister?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Mister_Bojack

Anyone tried the LG Kompressor Canister?
Original Message   Jan 1, 2012 12:52 pm
If you've seen it up close and personal, I'd sure like to know what you think of this model. I can't seem to find a retailer that actually keeps them in stock. Most everyone carries them as an "internet only" item.
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
Venson

Re: Anyone tried the LG Kompressor Canister?
Reply #1   Jan 1, 2012 2:59 pm
Mister_Bojack wrote:
If you've seen it up close and personal, I'd sure like to know what you think of this model. I can't seem to find a retailer that actually keeps them in stock. Most everyone carries them as an "internet only" item.

Hiya Mister_Bojack,

I have not seen one yet but customer reviews seem pretty nice with one small caveat -- an adapter is required to attach the bare foor tool on the LcV900B. 

However, tomorrow, January 2nd, you could try calling LG's sales department at 800-810-9338 between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m EST to determine in-store availibility in your area. 

If you've time you might also want to inquire if an American version of the "Follow Me" cansiter will be seeing this side of the sea any time soon.  The company "newsroom" says it's been on market in Korea since September will be available in Russia, Iran, Australia, France, Italy and Spain early 2012 with other markets to follow.

A video is at the following URL:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqwPZa0eJZM

You can download a user guide here:  http://www.lg.com/us/appliances/vacuum-cleaners/LG-canister-LcV900B.jsp

Venson

This message was modified Jan 1, 2012 by Venson
vacmanuk

Reply #2   Jan 1, 2012 8:42 pm
Depends on the model year you're referring to - the LG Kompressor canister was also rebadged in the U.S under Hoover's Windtunnel bagless canister for some time.
Venson

Reply #3   Jan 1, 2012 10:23 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Depends on the model year you're referring to - the LG Kompressor canister was also rebadged in the U.S under Hoover's Windtunnel bagless canister for some time.

Hi vacmanuk,

Are you sure?  I've never seen any Hoover bagless vacs on the market here with a system for compacting dirt which is the main selling point of the new machines and the top of the line presently here, the LcV300B has a power nozzle all its own.  The bagless Windtunnels here have more or less been run-of-the-mill in type  -- some clones of Vax's European models -- with one or two at most employing the original Windtunnel power nozzle.

The only rebadged LG canister vac I've seen here before the introduction of the Kompressor uprights was that which was renamed the Kenmore Progessive Bagless canister or also called the Iridium. The new LG canisters not only have the Kompressor blade but same set up for vertical cyclones.  Instead of traveling around in a horizontal path the air is directed to spin top to bottom.  I'm pretty sure we haven't seen the like here before.

LG's newest doo-dad is the the follow-me feature that we've yet to see here.  It's worth I wonder at as they've only presented videos of it following a user treveling a straight path.  That's a far cry from navigating a living room full of furniture or moving room to room.

Venson

Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #4   Jan 2, 2012 4:00 am
Venson wrote:
Hi vacmanuk,

Are you sure?  I've never seen any Hoover bagless vacs on the market here with a system for compacting dirt which is the main selling point of the new machines and the top of the line presently here, the LcV300B has a power nozzle all its own.  The bagless Windtunnels here have more or less been run-of-the-mill in type  -- some clones of Vax's European models -- with one or two at most employing the original Windtunnel power nozzle.

The only rebadged LG canister vac I've seen here before the introduction of the Kompressor uprights was that which was renamed the Kenmore Progessive Bagless canister or also called the Iridium. The new LG canisters not only have the Kompressor blade but same set up for vertical cyclones.  Instead of traveling around in a horizontal path the air is directed to spin top to bottom.  I'm pretty sure we haven't seen the like here before.

Venson

vacmanuk wrote:

The LG Kompressor canister has not been in the U.S. under HOOVER's WT bagless canister.  One of the bagless canisters which HOOVER marketed was an LG.  It would have been the first generation LG Cyking.  I have talked about it in the past w/mostly good comments.  There was a recall for the connection between the power nozzle and wand.  LG does have other brands/models of their vacuum cleaners here, but not the Kompressor series.
Mister_Bojack

Reply #5   Jan 3, 2012 8:12 am
Venson wrote:
Hiya Mister_Bojack,

I have not seen one yet but customer reviews seem pretty nice with one small caveat -- an adapter is required to attach the bare foor tool on the LcV900B. 

Thanks Venson!

Do you suppose the need for an  "adaptor" is because of the electrical fitting at the end of the wand for the power nozzle "quick connect", or is it to change the diameter of the wand to 1 1/4?

I'm really intrigued by this machine. Incidentally, I did see the video for the "follow me" model. What a hoot! Might be more than I need, but definitely looks like a piece of vacuum history in the making.  If I can ever get my hands on one of these, I'll submit a review.

vacmanuk

Reply #6   Jan 3, 2012 7:22 pm
Mike_W wrote:
The LG Kompressor canister has not been in the U.S. under HOOVER's WT bagless canister.  One of the bagless canisters which HOOVER marketed was an LG.  It would have been the first generation LG Cyking.  I have talked about it in the past w/mostly good comments.  There was a recall for the connection between the power nozzle and wand.  LG does have other brands/models of their vacuum cleaners here, but not the Kompressor series.

I stand corrected.

My neighbour had the cylinder version of the Kompressor/Compressor as it's known here in the UK. No power nozzle but that's expected from UK market. The dust capture is a really good idea and it avoids billowing dust whenever the dust bin is opened up. Only downside he felt was the too high noise factor and some poor flimsy plastics.
Venson

Reply #7   Jan 4, 2012 3:24 am
Mister_Bojack wrote:
Thanks Venson!

Do you suppose the need for an  "adaptor" is because of the electrical fitting at the end of the wand for the power nozzle "quick connect", or is it to change the diameter of the wand to 1 1/4?

I'm really intrigued by this machine. Incidentally, I did see the video for the "follow me" model. What a hoot! Might be more than I need, but definitely looks like a piece of vacuum history in the making.  If I can ever get my hands on one of these, I'll submit a review.

Hi Mister_Bojack,

The bare floor tool and the mattress tool that come with the LcV900 are the same as those that come with the LuV400T upright tool kit. Both tools have a male connector meant to work with female connecting telescopic wands of the LuV3000 and LuV400 uprights.  Per what I see in the user manual, the PN neck has a standard female connection and the wand end is male and designed so that the PN -- who knows it source -- could easily fit on and easily be released by a toe touch for tool change up.  (The same idea's all ove the place.)  Adding the adapter was probably cheaper option than redisigning the necks of the existing tools or coming up with new ones.

Personally, I'm waiting until LG comes out with a model that can carry me instead of just trail after me.

Best,

Venson

This message was modified Jan 4, 2012 by Venson
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42