Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Genuine Electrolux hose

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
hooverman

Genuine Electrolux hose
Original Message   Dec 23, 2011 11:53 pm
I'm having a difficult time finding a genuine Electrolux electrified hose for a Model L.  $100 for it is too much for me to spend.

Here's a pic of my Model L.  The combo rug/floor tool doesn't seem to clean the carpets too good

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Venson

Re: Genuine Electrolux hose
Reply #1   Dec 25, 2011 5:31 pm
hooverman wrote:
I'm having a difficult time finding a genuine Electrolux electrified hose for a Model L.  $100 for it is too much for me to spend.

The orginal hose for the Model L had the famous Electrolux taper and a braided covering.  At one point in time a hose like this was also made with a "pig tail" to attach to the PN outlet on the cleaner.  I believe it also could be fitted with a plastic piece to keep the hose from turning once locked onto the cleaner.   Neither is around any longer and if found by now are probably leaky.  I'd say newly made electrified hoses, not authentic but that will fit, can be had in the $50 to $100 price range. 

The newer plastic made-to-fit electrified hoses are actually a bit nicer than the originals as they are more flexilble.  However, If you want an electrified hose for your L and bucks are a problem, get a standard straight suction hose and then keep an eye out at eBay and at your local vac shops for the externally attached cord and "tie-on straps" that Electrolux originally supplied with its first cleaners with PNs.

If the carpet side of your flip-tool is not working well for you, use the brush side to rout stubborn stuff on your rug.  Lots of people -- especially those with pets -- have been doing it for years.  OR Sears stores usually have replacement attachments on hand in their vac departments.  The Kenmore straight suction rug nozzle usuall gives a decent result and only costs around 15 bucks.  It will fit any friction-fit Electrolux wand.

Just as a matter of mention, if being forewarned is being forearmed,  replacement of a vacuum's electrified hose or power nozzle usually always costs.  Prices on those for current vacs can retail up to near half the original machine's cost with all components included.  The only way to save money on stuff like is to play the waiting game until the part you need at a price you can afford turns up.

This message was modified Dec 25, 2011 by Venson
hooverman

Re: Genuine Electrolux hose
Reply #2   Dec 26, 2011 8:35 pm
Maybe someone here has the "genuine" style hose for less then $100?

I highly doubt the generic, non-swivel style will last long enough?

Good thing I didn't buy a Kenmore Progressive canister; it doesn't have the power of an old Lux!

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42