Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
vacmanuk

LATEST VACS...
Original Message   Jan 21, 2010 5:52 pm
http://www.appliancist.com/vacuum_cleaners/electrolux-silence-amplified-musical-vacuum-cleaner-ipod-vacuum.html Electrolux have launched a cylinder vacuum cleaner with an Ipod Dock!! Frankly I like the noise of my vacuum. Perhaps this model has a loud motor?! Also: http://www.appliancist.com/vacuum_cleaners/ This model and quite a few "new" European models due to be launched in various parts of Europe soon such as the new "Ease" uprights from Electrolux, only betitled because they are bagless cyclonic uprights fitted with an auto rewinding cable. What will Electrolux think up next? We had auto cord rewinding uprights in the UK back in the 1970s!
Replies: 42 - 51 of 84Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
vacmanuk

Re: LATEST VACS...
Reply #42   Sep 11, 2011 10:06 am
New from Morphy Richards UK is a bagless upright that reminds me very much of a robot and not very pretty on the eye. Is there a U.S equivalent? Here it's called "Clarity.

See video at http://www.flixfacts.com/view/mediaplayer/?l=en&demo=0&d=2136&f=morphy_richards-5011832034649&p=20722&g=&txt=&cp=no&btg=MS5&t=fl&tag=1
This message was modified Sep 11, 2011 by vacmanuk
Venson

Reply #43   Sep 18, 2011 12:19 am
vacmanuk wrote:

Hi,

There's a similar machine being put out by Shark (Euro Pro) under the name of the Navigator Lift-Away. The model number is 352 I think.

I've demoed the prior Navigator model which sold with a seven-year guarantee. As with the first Navigator, this machine is probably best bought when you can find it priced around $130.00.

Venson
vacmanuk

Reply #44   Sep 19, 2011 5:39 pm
Ah, that figures - in the past, Euro Shark/Shark have used Morphy Richards vacuums as their own.
vacmanuk

Reply #45   Jan 21, 2012 3:19 pm
A newish model from Vorwerk, the Kobold 140. Obviously designed to compete with the simpler, older Sebo Felix.

vorwerk-kobold-vk140-vacuum.jpg

vorwerk-kobold-vk140-chair.jpg

vorwerk-kobold-hd-hard-floor-brush.jpg

vorwerk-kobold-vk140-laptop-cleaning.jpg

vacmanuk

Reply #46   Jan 21, 2012 3:32 pm
Also Hoover UK have at last brought out the Robo Com2 robotic vacuum cleaner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4UBTOqtUmQ

Venson

Reply #47   Jan 21, 2012 5:03 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
A newish model from Vorwerk, the Kobold 140. Obviously designed to compete with the simpler, older Sebo Felix.

Hi,

This URL shows a newer machine but a near approximate to what they started with in the U.S. I think as far back as the 1960's.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=zTKtQzmVKYo

Vorwerk never appeared to be taken as a serious candidate in the vacuum market here.  From what I've seen while looking around they have some sort of connection with the Lux International people and market in many places  in Asia.  To what success I do not know.  The model you've posted also has a head for polishing, etc., as does the Felix.

Venson

This message was modified Jan 21, 2012 by Venson
vacmanuk

Reply #48   Jan 21, 2012 5:17 pm
Lordy and I thought using the Sebo Felix as a canister was difficult!
DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #49   Jan 22, 2012 6:13 am
Hi Vacmanuk Just wondered if you have used the 'newer' bags on the Felix? I'm still using the paper ones and wondered how much better if the 'newer' felix bags are? You you know if they will be replacing the paper ones on the X Series? Thanks DC18
vacmanuk

Reply #50   Jan 22, 2012 9:30 am
DC18 wrote:
Hi Vacmanuk Just wondered if you have used the 'newer' bags on the Felix? I'm still using the paper ones and wondered how much better if the 'newer' felix bags are? You you know if they will be replacing the paper ones on the X Series? Thanks DC18

Hi DC - Happy New Year!
Well funnily enough! I bought a new SEBO K1 at Christmas there to replace the K3 Premium. I just don't like the K3P at all - the short hose is a nuisance and the heavy electric head is also far too heavy. I can see the thrill of U.S buyers preferring powered canisters, having trialled that new Wertheim model that QVC/IdealTV were doing - because its electric floor head is lighter - but it's too noisy and the external cords fixed to the telescopic height adjuster pipes is also something I'm not keen on. Anyway, the seller from EBAY also sent me two lots of free dust bags too - and one of them being a pack of the wrong machine type - they turned out to be none other than the soft synthetic bags for the Felix! I know that SEBO have improved the Felix motor by making it quieter but just wish the air thrust from the exhaust filter could be lower- perhaps the new motor has alleviated this, I don't know. Sadly though DC, my old Felix is still using the paper dust bag when it was put in early November, so I won't be able to tell you how the white bag will be doing until it's probably fitted in March.

The new Felix dust bags however aren't as expensive as I thought they would be - there's a UK seller on EBAY who is pricing them just below £10 for 7 or 8? Again, it's cheaper than Miele's 4 in a box.

I think SEBO have trialled the same material for the X, but they haven't released any to sell yet. As far as I'm aware the synthetic is very expensive and I think SEBO would probably try to achieve a good price rather than something that's too expensive.

What I can report is that when I got the K1 out of the box, it came with 2 free dust bags - and those were synthetic types. Very happy with the one that's in it at the moment and it seems to keep back pet hair smells better than the paper ones. SEBO are now making both the synthetic types, standard for both the Felix and K.
This message was modified Jan 22, 2012 by vacmanuk
DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #51   Jan 22, 2012 10:41 am
vacmanuk wrote:
Hi DC - Happy New Year!
Well funnily enough! I bought a new SEBO K1 at Christmas there to replace the K3 Premium. I just don't like the K3P at all - the short hose is a nuisance and the heavy electric head is also far too heavy. I can see the thrill of U.S buyers preferring powered canisters, having trialled that new Wertheim model that QVC/IdealTV were doing - because its electric floor head is lighter - but it's too noisy and the external cords fixed to the telescopic height adjuster pipes is also something I'm not keen on. Anyway, the seller from EBAY also sent me two lots of free dust bags too - and one of them being a pack of the wrong machine type - they turned out to be none other than the soft synthetic bags for the Felix! I know that SEBO have improved the Felix motor by making it quieter but just wish the air thrust from the exhaust filter could be lower- perhaps the new motor has alleviated this, I don't know. Sadly though DC, my old Felix is still using the paper dust bag when it was put in early November, so I won't be able to tell you how the white bag will be doing until it's probably fitted in March.

The new Felix dust bags however aren't as expensive as I thought they would be - there's a UK seller on EBAY who is pricing them just below £10 for 7 or 8? Again, it's cheaper than Miele's 4 in a box.

I think SEBO have trialled the same material for the X, but they haven't released any to sell yet. As far as I'm aware the synthetic is very expensive and I think SEBO would probably try to achieve a good price rather than something that's too expensive.

What I can report is that when I got the K1 out of the box, it came with 2 free dust bags - and those were synthetic types. Very happy with the one that's in it at the moment and it seems to keep back pet hair smells better than the paper ones. SEBO are now making both the synthetic types, standard for both the Felix and K.

Hi vacmanuk Happy New Year too. Thanks for the info, I've seen the Wertheim not a bad vacuum! I do like the look of SEBO K1 compact canister. Let me know how you get on with the synthetic bag when you come to fit one in your Felix. I've just put a new paper bag in my Felix after 4 months, wasn't quite full but I changed it, still have another 8 or 9 paper bags to go before i need to buy anymore! I also put one of them SEBO fresh capsules in the bag which emit a nice fresh smell! Interesting to know about the synthetic bag in your new K1 keeping pet smells back as I will be getting a puppy soon and was thinking of getting the pre-motor with charcoal filter for my Felix to help with this. Have to say the bags do last a while on the SEBO Vacs. It good to know that SEBO may have trialled these new synthetic bags with the X Series, thinking may upgrade to the X Series. Do you think the SEBO X Series is better than the Miele S7 series? I went to see the new Dyson Ball machines yesterday at my local Electrical Store, they look impressive but on the Uprights the brush bar still is not a patch on the SEBO's, and the DC41 has slightly longer bristles than the slightly smaller DC40! I must admit that having always been a Dyson Fan in the past, I do like there technologydesign but having tried and own a SEBO Felix this just grooms and cleans the carpets better, the machine is just quality. Just wish the felix had a light weight build in wand like the X Series!! Thanks again for the info. DC18
Replies: 42 - 51 of 84Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42