Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Trebor

Cleaning day....
Original Message   Apr 22, 2011 3:46 pm
I have one remaining cleaning client and I clean their 6,000 sq ft house once every two weeks. Yesterday I was reminded again of why, although I like many different vacuums, when it comes down to getting a lot of cleaning done in a short amount of time,I turn to my Kirbys. I have two G series a 4 and an Ultimate. Both have 50 ft cords. I used one in canister mode with a 16 ft hose, and one as an upright.  It is actually faster to make one trip around the entire level per task than to constantly switch tools.  I dust all the deep moldings and soffits with the wall and ceiling brush attached to the elbow and wands in one trip, ending up where I began. The wands are so light I can use four of them with no strain on my arms and shoulders. Next up, the upholstered furniture, using either the Zipp brush, or for the jacquard covered pieces, the wall and ceiling brush. The Zipp brush is too harsh, and the straight suction tool leaves streak marks. I dust the lampshades during this round, switching to the duster brush as needed. Finally, with the brush in place, I do the carpet edges with the crevice tool, and dust the narrow lip of the baseboards. Then the carpets are vacuumed.  I use the polisher brush with the fluffer bar in place to  vacuum the sealed wood. I use a fine mist of a product called Selig (formerly called Enforcer) and spray buff with the Kirby. The mist dries quickly due to friction, and it leaves a shiny, non-slippery glow on the floor. I vacuum the carpet on the stairs with the hand portable

Any pet stains are scrubbed with the rug renovator and rinsed with the Hoover Steam vac.  Nothing remains but to polish the wood furniture (once year I use the Turbo sander for this), clean the mirrors and glass tables, and the bathroom fixtures and counters.  I could not cover this amount of square footage with both the speed and the thoroughness I do with any other piece of equipment. I can see why some people would not like to use a Kirby as their daily driver, but when you really want to clean a lot both quickly and thoroughly, nothing else really  compares.

Trebor
This message was modified Apr 22, 2011 by Trebor
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Thread
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42