Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Walmart is supposedly getting out of belt ,filterand bag business in stores.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
procare

Walmart is supposedly getting out of belt ,filterand bag business in stores.
Original Message   Aug 7, 2010 10:01 pm
   Customers are coming in  asking  about bags, belts and filters for cleaners that Wal Mart sells. They were told they were discontinuing these products and want the customers to go online when they need these items. When you need a belt or anything else ,it is," I need it now", not days from now. These customers didn't like being told they had to go to another store if they had what they needed. In our area it is 20 miles in three directions for a store.

Many small businesses have been driven out of business by this company as well as other big box stores.I feel there will be a ressurection of the Independent Vac Shops because people will find getting parts and service there is better than going online and waiting. Looking at a cleaner and seeing what it will do is better than buying online and hope it does what it is supposed to. Online sales will still be made but having the service after the sale is still important. 

You can say what you will about your favorite brand but when it gets down to buying a cleaner going to a Vac Shop is the best way.  At Wal Mart and the other big box stores they sell you what they want to sell you. At least with Vac shops you can find a wider variety of Vacuums.The Door to Door sales peolpe also have a variety. It is if the cleaner meets the needs of the consumer that they buy.

Procare

This message was modified Aug 7, 2010 by procare
Replies: 95 - 97 of 97Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Walmart is supposedly getting out of belt ,filterand bag business in stores.
Reply #95   Apr 12, 2011 7:08 pm
Wal*Mart has done a 180 in an effort to reverse its lower sales percent increases for 7 straight quarters.  Looks like the inventory removed from shelves will be restored.

Enjoy:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704776304576253252673697210.html

As stated, I am not a wM shopper except on rare occasions.  But I follow retailers, even big box stores, with vacuums and vacuum parts.  And of course their financial status.

Carmine D.

Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Re: Walmart is supposedly getting out of belt ,filterand bag business in stores.
Reply #96   Apr 13, 2011 12:27 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Wal*Mart has done a 180 in an effort to reverse its lower sales percent increases for 7 straight quarters.  Looks like the inventory removed from shelves will be restored.

Enjoy:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704776304576253252673697210.html

As stated, I am not a wM shopper except on rare occasions.  But I follow retailers, even big box stores, with vacuums and vacuum parts.  And of course their financial status.

Carmine D.

Like I have said before, Walmart is not getting rid of their floorcare, including supplies.  The article says nothing about floorcare.
CarmineD

Reply #97   Apr 13, 2011 12:33 pm
Mike_W wrote:
Like I have said before, Walmart is not getting rid of their floorcare, including supplies.  The article says nothing about floorcare.

And you were wrong when you said it.  Articles don't ALWAYS say everything.  Not enough words and room.  You have to read between the lines and use your head.  Article doesn't say fish/tanks either but those were scrubbed at many W*M stores too and we'll have to see if they are now added back.  Personal observation in concert with news articles give the complete story.  Or as I like to say, the story within the story.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Apr 13, 2011 by CarmineD
Replies: 95 - 97 of 97Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42