Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Future Buy: Rug Doctor Mighty Pro X3 vs. Kirby Avalir?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
adamlau

Future Buy: Rug Doctor Mighty Pro X3 vs. Kirby Avalir?
Original Message   Apr 2, 2011 6:20 am
To shampoo the carpet only, would the Avalir (based experiences with the Sentria and past Kirby models) be as effective as the X3 and/or vice-versa?

Replies: 11 - 20 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
vacmanuk

Re: Future Buy: Rug Doctor Mighty Pro X3 vs. Kirby Avalir?
Reply #11   Apr 9, 2011 9:54 am
Anyone actually tried the Sebo DUO P machine? I noticed a video on You Tube that the machine is used before wet extraction - but it is only supposed to be used with the Duo P dry powder. I use the powder a lot - can't be done with using heavy machines to wet over a wool carpet.
Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #12   Apr 11, 2011 1:31 pm
Trebor wrote:
Just,

When you try the G series shampooer, remember one capful of Kirby shampoo is enough, 1 and 1/3 if the water is hard. The suds have to be dry enough to foam, but wet enough to clean, and be picked up in the tray. Too dry, no cleaning, too wet, not enough pickup.
Rinsing with an extractor with plain water and vinegar greatly enhances soil and suds removal.

Actually, if it is "too dry", it means that it is too concentrated and will result in sticky carpeting.  This will result in quick soiling of the carpeting.  If the proper amount of solution is applied adequately, oils, soil, will be removed.  Some will enter the tray, while the remaining will be vacuumed up after the rug is dry.
Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #13   Apr 11, 2011 1:38 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Anyone actually tried the Sebo DUO P machine? I noticed a video on You Tube that the machine is used before wet extraction - but it is only supposed to be used with the Duo P dry powder. I use the powder a lot - can't be done with using heavy machines to wet over a wool carpet.

I have used the many different dry powders and liked the results.  What I do not like is the price tag.  Cleaning a room, or home, can be expensive.  What I have always suggested is use the powder for spot/area cleaning.  It is easy to apply and remove.  Small applications will not hurt the wallet that much.
Trebor

Reply #14   Apr 11, 2011 5:21 pm
I don't know what a professional Host service provider would charge, but I have charged 50.00/ room plus the cost of the Host, pre-spotter, and machine rental and never had anyone complain. They are pleased at the look and feel pf the carpet, no worry about rust or wood stains, and no downtime. It's worth a little more.  We now have a Host provider in town. I think they will make their presence known in market share.
HARDSELL

Reply #15   Apr 11, 2011 6:59 pm
Mike_W wrote:
I have used the many different dry powders and liked the results.  What I do not like is the price tag.  Cleaning a room, or home, can be expensive.  What I have always suggested is use the powder for spot/area cleaning.  It is easy to apply and remove.  Small applications will not hurt the wallet that much.

I would not want to vacuum a whole house with an oreck if I used a dry powder.
CarmineD

Reply #16   Apr 11, 2011 7:53 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
I would not want to vacuum a whole house with an oreck if I used a dry powder.

My ORECK XL works like a charm on dry powder.  Not so my dyson DC07.  Terrible.  Left more behind than it picked up. 

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #17   Apr 11, 2011 9:01 pm
Mike_W wrote:

Interesting.. well, here's a question - open to anyone of course - is there a dry powder treatment on the market that can be watered down, either used dry or wet, thus giving it more versatility?
This message was modified Apr 11, 2011 by vacmanuk
HARDSELL

Reply #18   Apr 11, 2011 10:05 pm
CarmineD wrote:
My ORECK XL works like a charm on dry powder.  Not so my dyson DC07.  Terrible.  Left more behind than it picked up. 

Carmine D.

You surely put that DC07 thru the wringer both times you used it.  No wonder it wore out.
CarmineD

Reply #19   Apr 11, 2011 10:12 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
You surely put that DC07 thru the wringer both times you used it.  No wonder it wore out.

When the tech support line told me I had to use the attachments to clean up the dry powder on the rug and make sure I get it all, I quickly realized my DC07 pink was not made for my cleaning needs.

Carmine D.

hooverman

Reply #20   Aug 4, 2011 3:41 pm
A Sanitaire SC888 can't be beat when picking up dry clean powder.
Replies: 11 - 20 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42