Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Electrolux UltraSilencer DeepClean...wow.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
iMacDaddy

Electrolux UltraOne EL7070, Bissell BigGreen Deep Cleaning Machine

Electrolux UltraSilencer DeepClean...wow.
Original Message   Feb 26, 2011 9:40 pm
No, I'm not an Electrolux brand whore or anything, but I have been very impressed with what they've been coming out with lately. Has anyone else seen this thing, or rather, heard how quiet this thing is? I swear, the only think you can hear when using this thing is the sound of the air rushing through the nozzle, and the floor head when the brush is on. This is the most silent machine I have ever use, and I'm just curious if anything else out there could be described as whisper quiet? I'm just wondering if anyone knows what the wattage of this thing is? The suction is tremendous (its has 5 suction settings, and even at the lowest, the suction was fairly strong), so I'd guess the motor would have to be more than 1200 watts, maybe 1400+? Perhaps it uses the same motor as the Ultra One?
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Electrolux UltraSilencer DeepClean...wow.
Reply #1   Feb 27, 2011 7:16 am
iMacDaddy wrote:
No, I'm not an Electrolux brand whore or anything, but I have been very impressed with what they've been coming out with lately. Has anyone else seen this thing, or rather, heard how quiet this thing is? I swear, the only think you can hear when using this thing is the sound of the air rushing through the nozzle, and the floor head when the brush is on. This is the most silent machine I have ever use, and I'm just curious if anything else out there could be described as whisper quiet? I'm just wondering if anyone knows what the wattage of this thing is? The suction is tremendous (its has 5 suction settings, and even at the lowest, the suction was fairly strong), so I'd guess the motor would have to be more than 1200 watts, maybe 1400+? Perhaps it uses the same motor as the Ultra One?

Yes indeed.  Has been the subject of Consumer Reports and here on the Forum.  Interesting to see how CR handles this one since it was impressed by the silence awhile back but has taken an askance view lately of Electrolux canns for reliability.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #2   Feb 27, 2011 3:50 pm
iMacDaddy wrote:

Hi iMacDaddy,

What do you think of the bag size?

Venson

iMacDaddy

Reply #3   Feb 27, 2011 5:29 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi iMacDaddy,

What do you think of the bag size?

Venson

Hi Venson,

Those S-Bags that the Electrolux cans use are rather small. They're about half the size of the cloth Q-bags used in the Kenmore/Panasonic Intuition canisters. However, I think the S-Bag price per quantity makes up for it:
4 x S-bags (Cloth H-10) for $10.00
versus
2 x Kenmore cloth Q-bags for $20
This message was modified Feb 27, 2011 by iMacDaddy
iMacDaddy

Reply #4   Feb 27, 2011 5:30 pm
Oops, double post. FYI- I was going to reference the Sears website, but I could not find the Q-bags on there.
This message was modified Feb 27, 2011 by iMacDaddy
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42