Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Oreck may have an announcement shortly

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Lucky1

Oreck may have an announcement shortly
Original Message   Feb 19, 2011 5:06 pm
A famous German Vacuum soon to be available at your local Oreck Dealer.....Hummm.
Replies: 25 - 34 of 81Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Oreck may have an announcement shortly
Reply #25   Feb 23, 2011 4:34 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Check out the scores of Which 2011 survey report - DYSON IS AT THE BOTTOM. SEBO at the top and ORECK second in the upright vacuum category!!

Hi vacmanuk:

ORECK is in very good company.  Thanks for the info.  Very interesting.  Nice to see and hear that American made vacuums are holding their own with German made SEBO amd MIELE brands. 

In contrast, when you relocate to a foreign country to save 30 percent in labor costs then outsource to contractors, it's not surprising that quality tanks [no pun intended]. 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #26   Feb 24, 2011 7:00 am
CarmineD wrote:
And think you bought a HOOVER Platinum bagged lightweight Power Team for $599 from BEST BUY that is made and sold as a direct copy of ORECK.  And boast about it here.  I luv it!

Carmine D.

As usual you present what yu want others to think and not the truth.  I paid less than $300 at WM. 

I also brought an Oreck home from target for comparison.  I RETURNED THE ORECK.

Hoover may have copied the style but they far exceeded the Oreck performance.

LUV it too.
HARDSELL

Reply #27   Feb 24, 2011 7:15 am
vacmanuk wrote:
Check out the scores of Which 2011 survey report - DYSON IS AT THE BOTTOM. SEBO at the top and ORECK second in the upright vacuum category!!

"Dyson matches SEBO for average test score "

Where did Oreck score in use testing?  I am sure it was somewhere with the hand broom.  Since Oreck only had 3% as many reliability respondants I wonder how it would fare if it had a realistic user audience.  If they counted premature belt or brush roll failure Oreck would certainly be near the bottom.  Then again many users are embarrased to admit that they bought a failure and do not respond.

Most would prefer to drive a Mercedes, Lexus or BMW than a F-150 or Silverado.  However, the luxury rides would be pith poor performers at hauling and pulling.  Same with a vacuum.  The Oreck will not get the job done if you want deep clean carpet even though it may be a smooth push pull machine.
CarmineD

Reply #28   Feb 24, 2011 7:54 am
HARDSELL wrote:
As usual you present what yu want others to think and not the truth.  I paid less than $300 at WM. 

I also brought an Oreck home from target for comparison.  I RETURNED THE ORECK.

Hoover may have copied the style but they far exceeded the Oreck performance.

LUV it too.

Excellent.  Glad to hear you found new HOOVER products worthy and paid a decent price.  The HOOVER combo is worth about $250 [just like ORECK].  Glad you like these HOOVER products after bad mouthing HOOVER for so long here and saying dyson sunk it.  Apparently if you're buying HOOVER's latest ORECK copy offerings, HOOVER is still alive an doing well.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #29   Feb 24, 2011 7:58 am
HARDSELL wrote:

Where did Oreck score in use testing?  I am sure it was somewhere with the hand broom.  Since Oreck only had 3% as many reliability respondants I wonder how it would fare if it had a realistic user audience.  If they counted premature belt or brush roll failure Oreck would certainly be near the bottom.  Then again many users are embarrased to admit that they bought a failure and do not respond.

Most would prefer to drive a Mercedes, Lexus or BMW than a F-150 or Silverado.  However, the luxury rides would be pith poor performers at hauling and pulling.  Same with a vacuum.  The Oreck will not get the job done if you want deep clean carpet even though it may be a smooth push pull machine.

Dysom bottom at the ratings for reliability.  Despite 350 scientists and engineers working tirelessly to question, test, break down and rebuild.  Maybe Severus is right.  Engineers have a different meaning in dyson terms than we have here in ther USA.

ORECK rated in the tier with German made vacuums.  Way to go for USA made vacuums products from ORECK.

By the way, ORECK air purifiers are the best selling the USA.  Must be good old American engineering at work again. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #30   Feb 24, 2011 8:04 am
HARDSELL wrote:

Not you.  You purchased 2 new ORECKS and proudly admit it and telling us on every occasion.  Apparently buying ORECK's in 2's runs in your family.   

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #31   Feb 24, 2011 12:08 pm
HARDSELL wrote:

Clearly you haven't read the post - ORECK scored better than Dyson with their uprights. Which collect findings from owners and repair bills collected from private and franchise repairers. There is no info on the hand vacuums or SEBO's cylinder vacuums simply because they don't sell as many. Besides, the UK don't get the recent machines that Oreck U.S have. Also Which have found Oreck uprights to be excellent at DEEP CARPET CLEANING - better than the hopeless plastic brush rolls of the Dyson.

Please don't start quoting cars again - the moderator on here has already warned members using cars as a comparison - you can't compare a vehicle with a vacuum cleaner = period.

Interestingly enough Hardsell, the cars that you all quote have terrible fuel consumption - especially the American ones over BMW & Mercesdes, who are at least doing something about energy efficient cars. I can't see an electric F-150 - can you?
HARDSELL

Reply #32   Feb 24, 2011 3:17 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Clearly you haven't read the post - ORECK scored better than Dyson with their uprights. Which collect findings from owners and repair bills collected from private and franchise repairers. There is no info on the hand vacuums or SEBO's cylinder vacuums simply because they don't sell as many. Besides, the UK don't get the recent machines that Oreck U.S have. Also Which have found Oreck uprights to be excellent at DEEP CARPET CLEANING - better than the hopeless plastic brush rolls of the Dyson.

Please don't start quoting cars again - the moderator on here has already warned members using cars as a comparison - you can't compare a vehicle with a vacuum cleaner = period.

Interestingly enough Hardsell, the cars that you all quote have terrible fuel consumption - especially the American ones over BMW & Mercesdes, who are at least doing something about energy efficient cars. I can't see an electric F-150 - can you?

I read the post and posted my sentence from it.  Where in your excerpt does it say that Oreck scored over Dyson in testing ( I have to assume this is vacuuming useage). 

Luxury doesn't come cheap.  It will be a long time before electric cars have any real value IMO.

vacmanuk wrote:

No. Those are the number of models that Which have collected info from - which goes to prove that in most cases, even the highest number of models sold aren't the best.

The number of models doesn't really factor or per person though - some households in the UK have two vacuums - so it would be impossible to factor all that data in and make a summary of it. Which sent me a letter at the start of the year when I joined up asking me what brands I have at home and if any have needed serviced, as well as brands that have surpassed expectations. Whether or not they use that information is beyond me - they just gather info from their members as well as test their own models and make up the data judged by both.

Does sound more made up than scientific.  CR must have assisted.

vacmanuk

Reply #33   Feb 25, 2011 4:51 am
HARDSELL wrote:
I read the post and posted my sentence from it.  Where in your excerpt does it say that Oreck scored over Dyson in testing ( I have to assume this is vacuuming useage). 

Luxury doesn't come cheap.  It will be a long time before electric cars have any real value IMO.

Does sound more made up than scientific.  CR must have assisted.

Clearly you haven't read the post - the WHICH UK Survey rates RELIABILITY citing SEBO and Oreck as the top two in the upright catgory. Dyson is at the lower end of the table - so reliability is therefore isn't as good. They're not in a different position where their canister/cylindedrs are concerned either. CR would have NOTHING TO DO WITH THE UK either. They don't even test the models you have in the U.S - we have comparatively similar models, but not always the same. Cue the DC17 by Dyson, of which member DC18 informed Carmine that this is a U.S only model and vice versa in the UK, other models we have and you don't.

Same with Oreck = the models you have in the U.S/Canada is substantially better than what is offered in the U.K and the costs are a lot more. Similarly Miele models in the U.K are far cheaper (and the cost parts) than U.S charges. Blame the economy, not the luxury value.

The reliability data would be made up by actual reliability; amount of repairs (or in some cases very little), amount of problems and the kinds of problems would be data specific and geared to this statistic making up the survey. Performance is also factored into the survey.

CarmineD

Reply #34   Feb 25, 2011 7:25 am
WRT vehicles, a topic that a poster here has a penchant for, I trust the Moderator will permit me a slight subject diversion.  As all know here a brand that the poster here also has a penchant for [warned he would buy his daughter the car despite the recalls], is the only one which suffered a loss in 2010 sales, while all other car makers had yearly gains.  Why?  Consumer Reports would say it was due to the enormous number of recalls by that brand in both 2009 and 2010, in the multi millions.  And now again in 2011.  In the car industry, makers have made it a joke.  A new year and new round of recalls by the brand.  More than any other car manufacturer and in some cases combination of brands.  So what is the supreme brand known for quality doing about it to get it's reputation back?  Answer:  Expect next week that toyota will make an announcement naming a high level official in Japan as, get this, The Safety and Engineer Czar.  Believe it or not.  Sounds like toyota's engineers are dyson flunkies.

Carmine D.

Replies: 25 - 34 of 81Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42