Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Oreck may have an announcement shortly

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Lucky1

Oreck may have an announcement shortly
Original Message   Feb 19, 2011 5:06 pm
A famous German Vacuum soon to be available at your local Oreck Dealer.....Hummm.
Replies: 17 - 26 of 81Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
HARDSELL

Re: Oreck may have an announcement shortly
Reply #17   Feb 23, 2011 7:58 am
CarmineD wrote:
A $50 Pano motor that's 40 years old in the industry in a $550 TOL dyson vacuum is profiteering and engineer ennui.

Carmine D.

How much does the motor in an Oreck, Hoover or similar vac cost?  I suspect the luxury vacs such as Miele have an inexpensive motor also.  They just sell the parts at high prices to make buyers think they are getting higher quality.

Did you mention that the $800 Oreck uses a very inexpensive motor.  Not to mention all the problems with the brush rolls and belts on their $800 vacs.
CarmineD

Reply #18   Feb 23, 2011 8:02 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Actually you have added nothing to show that I was wrong.  You have harped for years about the # of Dyson engineers.  Doesn't matter where your excerpt is from it has not been here until now.

I have not responded to a useless question.  Dyson has produced more in the last 5 or 6 years than Oreck has since its inception.  What does Oreck sell that they did not copy or buy due to incompetent engineers?

Uprights: ORECK Edge, Pilot, and Element just to name a few.  All from ORECK and made in the USA.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #19   Feb 23, 2011 8:07 am
HARDSELL wrote:
How much does the motor in an Oreck, Hoover or similar vac cost?  I suspect the luxury vacs such as Miele have an inexpensive motor also.  They just sell the parts at high prices to make buyers think they are getting higher quality.

Did you mention that the $800 Oreck uses a very inexpensive motor.  Not to mention all the problems with the brush rolls and belts on their $800 vacs.

And think you bought a HOOVER Platinum bagged lightweight Power Team for $599 from BEST BUY that is made and sold as a direct copy of ORECK.  And boast about it here.  I luv it!

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #20   Feb 23, 2011 8:15 am
CarmineD wrote:
Once again not correct [as usual].  The claim of 500 engineers was a written and oral promotional claim made by dyson and Sir James when the company launched in the USA.  Dyson has culled the number and tried to keep the claim unspoken/unwritten [quiet] lately as dyson products have trickled out, been discontinued over the last 5-6 years, suffer from major defects, or just plain disappointed its users after they plunked down huge amounts of money. 

Carmine D.

My point is that you are the one who first mentioned the 500 engineers and have done so at each opportunity.  If they do not exist you should cease the talk.

So what if they have reduced the work force.  Who hasn't with this economy.  I think Oreck never had engineers.  As I said, the money goes to those named Oreck.

I find more Dysons in local stores and when I travel than I do other brands.  Speaking of success.  Oreck was successful at getting Costco to take all those over stocks off their hands.  Next they got in Target.  Business is so good they can't seem to sell in those rip off Oreck centers.
CarmineD

Reply #21   Feb 23, 2011 8:30 am
HARDSELL wrote:
My point is that you are the one who first mentioned the 500 engineers and have done so at each opportunity.  If they do not exist you should cease the talk.

So what if they have reduced the work force.  Who hasn't with this economy.  I think Oreck never had engineers.  As I said, the money goes to those named Oreck.

I find more Dysons in local stores and when I travel than I do other brands.  Speaking of success.  Oreck was successful at getting Costco to take all those over stocks off their hands.  Next they got in Target.  Business is so good they can't seem to sell in those rip off Oreck centers.

Dyson said and printed it first as promotion to boast.  Not me.  As dyson products have disappointed users, been discontinued, come up short with defects and flaws, pulled off shelves and from the market, dyson and you have taken umbrage as others like me remind you of the boastful dyson claims.

I suspect ORECK products will soon be sold in more than just COSTCO and TARGET stores too. 

The 550 network of Clean Home ORECK Centers are a plus for ORECK products going retail.  Too bad Sir James didn't follow the ORECK business model when it comes to its product parts and service.    Must stick in Sir James craw just as it does yours.

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #22   Feb 23, 2011 9:37 am
Check out the scores of Which 2011 survey report - DYSON IS AT THE BOTTOM. SEBO at the top and ORECK second in the upright vacuum category!!
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #23   Feb 23, 2011 3:13 pm
Regarding the 500 engineers, I was wondering if that referred to the repair techs.  Over the pond, do they refer to the guys/girls who fix Dysons as engineers?  I'm not sure the term is used the same in the US and UK? 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
CarmineD

Reply #24   Feb 23, 2011 4:29 pm
Severus wrote:
Regarding the 500 engineers, I was wondering if that referred to the repair techs.  Over the pond, do they refer to the guys/girls who fix Dysons as engineers?  I'm not sure the term is used the same in the US and UK? 

Hello Severus:

Scrolling up you can read an excerpt from the USA web site about the mission and motives of dyson's engineers and scientists.  Below in response to your question, I excerpted this verbage from the dyson UK web site: It reads exactly the same as the USA dyson site:

Research, design and development

New ideas are the lifeblood of Dyson. Every year, we invest half our profits back into harnessing them at our research and development laboratory in Wiltshire. There are 350 engineers and scientists based there. Thinking, testing, breaking, questioning.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #25   Feb 23, 2011 4:34 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Check out the scores of Which 2011 survey report - DYSON IS AT THE BOTTOM. SEBO at the top and ORECK second in the upright vacuum category!!

Hi vacmanuk:

ORECK is in very good company.  Thanks for the info.  Very interesting.  Nice to see and hear that American made vacuums are holding their own with German made SEBO amd MIELE brands. 

In contrast, when you relocate to a foreign country to save 30 percent in labor costs then outsource to contractors, it's not surprising that quality tanks [no pun intended]. 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #26   Feb 24, 2011 7:00 am
CarmineD wrote:
And think you bought a HOOVER Platinum bagged lightweight Power Team for $599 from BEST BUY that is made and sold as a direct copy of ORECK.  And boast about it here.  I luv it!

Carmine D.

As usual you present what yu want others to think and not the truth.  I paid less than $300 at WM. 

I also brought an Oreck home from target for comparison.  I RETURNED THE ORECK.

Hoover may have copied the style but they far exceeded the Oreck performance.

LUV it too.
Replies: 17 - 26 of 81Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42