Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Oreck may have an announcement shortly

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Lucky1

Oreck may have an announcement shortly
Original Message   Feb 19, 2011 5:06 pm
A famous German Vacuum soon to be available at your local Oreck Dealer.....Hummm.
Replies: 8 - 17 of 81Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
vacmanuk

Re: Oreck may have an announcement shortly
Reply #8   Feb 22, 2011 12:36 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Vacmanuk:

Well after the beginning.  DC17 which dyson launched in Feb 2007 used the cheapest panasonic one fan motor ever made.  An industry staple since the 1970's at the time dyson coopted it for its own use.  That was 5 years after dyson launched in the USA.  DC17 Absolute Animal, its top of the line at the time, had an MSRP of $549.  

Carmine D.

Sorry Carmine, I was responding to Hardsell's news about Oreck but I realise now this member is spouting rubbish. As ** IF ** Dyson were so kind to their employees - I'm not too sure UK Dyson employees took too kindly when Dyson shifted their customer response unit to other countries. My neighbour's son is a classic example. Worked for Dyson for about 8 years, went to engineer and design R&D dept and within less than a year was told that his job and others were being shifted to Asia. Oh yes, Hardsell, Dyson are so original and customary to their workers - NOT!
This message was modified Feb 22, 2011 by vacmanuk
CarmineD

Reply #9   Feb 22, 2011 1:21 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Sorry Carmine, I was responding to Hardsell's news about Oreck but I realise now this member is spouting rubbish. As ** IF ** Dyson were so kind to their employees - I'm not too sure UK Dyson employees took too kindly when Dyson shifted their customer response unit to other countries. My neighbour's son is a classic example. Worked for Dyson for about 8 years, went to engineer and design R&D dept and within less than a year was told that his job and others were being shifted to Asia. Oh yes, Hardsell, Dyson are so original and customary to their workers - NOT!

Hi vacmanuk:

Interesting...add too what you and UK residents alreay know but some still don't comprehend here in the USA:  dyson shifted the UK dyson production to malaysia in 2000 and uses contractor people in the location to build them.  Double whammy for UK and its residents.  ORECK has stayed in the USA employing Americans with its manufacture of lightweight uprights.  Much to the credit of Dave, his family, and ORECK.

Any news about ORECK rolling out any models in any UK retailers??  Yet??

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #10   Feb 22, 2011 6:32 pm
vacmanuk wrote:

What is the problem with the Panasonic motor that Dyson used?  Oreck has far more motor failures.  Hey! Carmine is the one who claims that Dyson employs hundreds of engineers.  Could he be exagerating...............AGAIN?
CarmineD

Reply #11   Feb 22, 2011 7:11 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
What is the problem with the Panasonic motor that Dyson used?  Oreck has far more motor failures.  Hey! Carmine is the one who claims that Dyson employs hundreds of engineers.  Could he be exagerating...............AGAIN?

The motor costs $50 wholesale and is used in Pano's least expensive big box store models some selling for as little as $70.  Dyson used the motor in its top of the line models selling for $550. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #12   Feb 22, 2011 7:31 pm
HARDSELL wrote:

Not quite correct with your information as usual.  This is excerpted from the dyson web site:

Research, design and development

New ideas are the lifeblood of Dyson. Every year, we invest our profits back into harnessing them at our research and development laboratory in Wiltshire, UK. There are 350 engineers and scientists based there. Thinking, testing, breaking, questioning.

Again I ask you as I have many times in the past and anxiously await your response: What new products has dyson launched lately with their 350 scientists and engineers?

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #13   Feb 22, 2011 9:45 pm
CarmineD wrote:
The motor costs $50 wholesale and is used in Pano's least expensive big box store models some selling for as little as $70.  Dyson used the motor in its top of the line models selling for $550. 

Carmine D.

A $50 motor costs more than all the parts of an Oreck.  The Oreck sells for $800. 
HARDSELL

Reply #14   Feb 22, 2011 9:49 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Not quite correct with your information as usual.  This is excerpted from the dyson web site:

Research, design and development

New ideas are the lifeblood of Dyson. Every year, we invest our profits back into harnessing them at our research and development laboratory in Wiltshire, UK. There are 350 engineers and scientists based there. Thinking, testing, breaking, questioning.

Again I ask you as I have many times in the past and anxiously await your response: What new products has dyson launched lately with their 350 scientists and engineers?

Carmine D.

Actually you have added nothing to show that I was wrong.  You have harped for years about the # of Dyson engineers.  Doesn't matter where your excerpt is from it has not been here until now.

I have not responded to a useless question.  Dyson has produced more in the last 5 or 6 years than Oreck has since its inception.  What does Oreck sell that they did not copy or buy due to incompetent engineers?
CarmineD

Reply #15   Feb 23, 2011 7:26 am
HARDSELL wrote:
A $50 motor costs more than all the parts of an Oreck.  The Oreck sells for $800. 

A $50 Pano motor that's 40 years old in the industry in a $550 TOL dyson vacuum is profiteering and engineer ennui.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #16   Feb 23, 2011 7:39 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Actually you have added nothing to show that I was wrong.  You have harped for years about the # of Dyson engineers.  Doesn't matter where your excerpt is from it has not been here until now.

I have not responded to a useless question.  Dyson has produced more in the last 5 or 6 years than Oreck has since its inception.  What does Oreck sell that they did not copy or buy due to incompetent engineers?

Once again not correct [as usual].  The claim of 500 engineers was a written and oral promotional claim made by dyson and Sir James when the company launched in the USA.  Dyson has culled the number and tried to keep the claim unspoken/unwritten [quiet] lately as dyson products have trickled out, been discontinued over the last 5-6 years, suffer from major defects, or just plain disappointed its users after they plunked down huge amounts of money. 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #17   Feb 23, 2011 7:58 am
CarmineD wrote:
A $50 Pano motor that's 40 years old in the industry in a $550 TOL dyson vacuum is profiteering and engineer ennui.

Carmine D.

How much does the motor in an Oreck, Hoover or similar vac cost?  I suspect the luxury vacs such as Miele have an inexpensive motor also.  They just sell the parts at high prices to make buyers think they are getting higher quality.

Did you mention that the $800 Oreck uses a very inexpensive motor.  Not to mention all the problems with the brush rolls and belts on their $800 vacs.
Replies: 8 - 17 of 81Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42