Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson DC 17 animal cyclone plugged

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Estam

Dyson DC 17 animal cyclone plugged
Original Message   Feb 20, 2011 1:37 pm
Hi all, Just finished cleaning the filter and while the canister was off and apart I noticed looking upward inside towards the purple cyclone top there are four or so small holes or openings that go into the upper cyclone area and probing with a small wooden dowel notice it is full of dirt that seems to be caught in there. I presume the air has to flow through this chamber so cleaning it out comes to mind but how is this area accessible? Many thanks for any assistance.
This message was modified Feb 20, 2011 by Estam
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Venson

Re: Dyson DC 17 animal cyclone plugged
Reply #1   Feb 20, 2011 2:00 pm
Hi,

Personally, if you have a second vac that has a blower port or an access to an air compressor, I'd try blowing it clean in reverse of the normal travel of air through it.  This is not a job you should do indoors.

Attempting to wash and rinse it out sounds nice but but the machine cannot be safely used unless this part is thoroughly dry.  I have no idea as to what constitutes SAFE drying time for this kind of thing unless it can be taken apart and therefore will not recommend it.  The following link is your best bet.  You can download a maintenance guide for your specific Dyson model.

http://www.dyson.com/support/default.asp

Good luck,

Venson

CarmineD

Re: Dyson DC 17 animal cyclone plugged
Reply #2   Feb 20, 2011 3:27 pm
Hello Estam:

Here is a post that was posted recently on another thread here dealing with dyson DC17.  It's releavnet to you and your situation.

Lucky1 wrote:

DC 17's are faulty machines. They have a seal in the bin that doesn't work properly. Dirt gets in every pore of that machine. I think there is a warranty/replacement out on some parts.

Carmine D.

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42