Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Oreck may have an announcement shortly

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Lucky1

Oreck may have an announcement shortly
Original Message   Feb 19, 2011 5:06 pm
A famous German Vacuum soon to be available at your local Oreck Dealer.....Hummm.
Replies: 2 - 11 of 81Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
vacmanuk

Re: Oreck may have an announcement shortly
Reply #2   Feb 19, 2011 7:51 pm
Allegra M7000-5

Re-softened up and with a slight change to the controls, the vac on the left hand side is the Dirt Devil (German country) model Allegra. Hoover's Windtunnel bagged canister is also modelled on that - and I think we covered this before. What gives the Oreck away is that the grid vents are identical as is the park stand on the bottom below the controls. The Black model is the Swan bagged cylinder SC3010. SWAN are a catalogue brand in the UK, and they've usually used Electrolux models that aren't always available in the UK, which you guys have under the Eureka tag. HOWEVER, it seems Swan also have a few Dirt Devil TTI cylinders on the go for 2011. You can zoom in to see the Swan at: http://www.littlewoods.com/swan-bagged-cylinder-sc3010/707034865.prd?browseToken=%2fb%2f4623%2c5727%2fs%2fbestsellers%2c0%2fo%2f2&trail=4739-4623-5727&prdToken=/p/prod6765392-sku11011091

Spec:
2200w. 4 litre dust capacity. Anti allergy exhaust filter. Bagged. LED display for speed adjustment. Tools in storage. Turbo brush. High efficiency with low noise. Weight 7.6kg. Obviously the weight on the Oreck may be higher with the powered brush.

This message was modified Feb 19, 2011 by vacmanuk
CarmineD

Reply #3   Feb 19, 2011 9:19 pm
You are all on to some imminent breaking ORECK news.  Interesting information.  Have to stay tuned in here for the latest.

Thanks and keep the ORECK news alerts coming.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #4   Feb 19, 2011 11:31 pm
CarmineD wrote:
You are all on to some imminent breaking ORECK news.  Interesting information.  Have to stay tuned in here for the latest.

Thanks and keep the ORECK news alerts coming.

Carmine D.

THIS NEWS ALERT JUST IN.  DYSON, THE MOST ENVIED AND COPIED VACUUM NOW HAS A SECOND VAC COMPANY RUNNING FOR COVER.  MOST WILL RECALL HOW DYSON FORCED HOOVER TO COLLAPSE.  THEY ARE NOW HOVERING OVER ORECK.  ORECK IS A WANNABE VACUUM MANUFACTURER THAT SELLS ITS ELECTRIC BROOMS TO THE GULLIBLE THAT FALL FOR THEIR PROPOGANDA.

IN AN ATTEMPT TO STAY AFLOAT (UNLIKE HOOVER) ORECK HAS RESORTED TO BUYING OR COPYING DESIGNS OF THE MORE SUCCESSFUL MANUFACTURERS.  GOOD OLD DYSON REINVESTS IN PRODUCTS AND EMPLOYEES RATHER THAN HOARDING THE PROFITS AS ORECK DOES.

STAY TUNED FOR MORE AS ORECK IS WASHED OUT WITH THE TIDE.  
CarmineD

Reply #5   Feb 20, 2011 7:13 am
HARDSELL wrote:
THIS NEWS ALERT JUST IN.  DYSON, THE MOST ENVIED AND COPIED VACUUM NOW HAS A SECOND VAC COMPANY RUNNING FOR COVER.  MOST WILL RECALL HOW DYSON FORCED HOOVER TO COLLAPSE.  THEY ARE NOW HOVERING OVER ORECK.  ORECK IS A WANNABE VACUUM MANUFACTURER THAT SELLS ITS ELECTRIC BROOMS TO THE GULLIBLE THAT FALL FOR THEIR PROPOGANDA.

IN AN ATTEMPT TO STAY AFLOAT (UNLIKE HOOVER) ORECK HAS RESORTED TO BUYING OR COPYING DESIGNS OF THE MORE SUCCESSFUL MANUFACTURERS.  GOOD OLD DYSON REINVESTS IN PRODUCTS AND EMPLOYEES RATHER THAN HOARDING THE PROFITS AS ORECK DOES.

Looks and sounds like ORECK is partnering with other vacuum brands, worldwide, and models to supplement its floorcare line up both bagged and bagless units, carpet and steam cleaners, floor cleaning and waxing orbiters, and from their claims, the most popular selling air purifiers in the USA.

Once again I ask you, and anxiously look forward to hearing, what dyson has launched lately by reinvesting in products and employees?

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #6   Feb 20, 2011 6:47 pm
HARDSELL wrote:

Where are you getting all this info from? Good old Dyson used Panasonic motors in the beginning!
CarmineD

Reply #7   Feb 20, 2011 7:14 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Where are you getting all this info from? Good old Dyson used Panasonic motors in the beginning!

Hello Vacmanuk:

Well after the beginning.  DC17 which dyson launched in Feb 2007 used the cheapest panasonic one fan motor ever made.  An industry staple since the 1970's at the time dyson coopted it for its own use.  That was 5 years after dyson launched in the USA.  DC17 Absolute Animal, its top of the line at the time, had an MSRP of $549.  

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #8   Feb 22, 2011 12:36 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Vacmanuk:

Well after the beginning.  DC17 which dyson launched in Feb 2007 used the cheapest panasonic one fan motor ever made.  An industry staple since the 1970's at the time dyson coopted it for its own use.  That was 5 years after dyson launched in the USA.  DC17 Absolute Animal, its top of the line at the time, had an MSRP of $549.  

Carmine D.

Sorry Carmine, I was responding to Hardsell's news about Oreck but I realise now this member is spouting rubbish. As ** IF ** Dyson were so kind to their employees - I'm not too sure UK Dyson employees took too kindly when Dyson shifted their customer response unit to other countries. My neighbour's son is a classic example. Worked for Dyson for about 8 years, went to engineer and design R&D dept and within less than a year was told that his job and others were being shifted to Asia. Oh yes, Hardsell, Dyson are so original and customary to their workers - NOT!
This message was modified Feb 22, 2011 by vacmanuk
CarmineD

Reply #9   Feb 22, 2011 1:21 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Sorry Carmine, I was responding to Hardsell's news about Oreck but I realise now this member is spouting rubbish. As ** IF ** Dyson were so kind to their employees - I'm not too sure UK Dyson employees took too kindly when Dyson shifted their customer response unit to other countries. My neighbour's son is a classic example. Worked for Dyson for about 8 years, went to engineer and design R&D dept and within less than a year was told that his job and others were being shifted to Asia. Oh yes, Hardsell, Dyson are so original and customary to their workers - NOT!

Hi vacmanuk:

Interesting...add too what you and UK residents alreay know but some still don't comprehend here in the USA:  dyson shifted the UK dyson production to malaysia in 2000 and uses contractor people in the location to build them.  Double whammy for UK and its residents.  ORECK has stayed in the USA employing Americans with its manufacture of lightweight uprights.  Much to the credit of Dave, his family, and ORECK.

Any news about ORECK rolling out any models in any UK retailers??  Yet??

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #10   Feb 22, 2011 6:32 pm
vacmanuk wrote:

What is the problem with the Panasonic motor that Dyson used?  Oreck has far more motor failures.  Hey! Carmine is the one who claims that Dyson employs hundreds of engineers.  Could he be exagerating...............AGAIN?
CarmineD

Reply #11   Feb 22, 2011 7:11 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
What is the problem with the Panasonic motor that Dyson used?  Oreck has far more motor failures.  Hey! Carmine is the one who claims that Dyson employs hundreds of engineers.  Could he be exagerating...............AGAIN?

The motor costs $50 wholesale and is used in Pano's least expensive big box store models some selling for as little as $70.  Dyson used the motor in its top of the line models selling for $550. 

Carmine D.

Replies: 2 - 11 of 81Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42