Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Inside Consumer Reports Test Labs: New vacuums from Aerus, Electrolux, Lindhaus, Miele, Panasonic, and Sebo

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Inside Consumer Reports Test Labs: New vacuums from Aerus, Electrolux, Lindhaus, Miele, Panasonic, and Sebo
Original Message   Sep 29, 2010 4:54 pm
More opinions from CR for better or worse...

An Electrolux that reminds them of Barney the Dinasaur.... 

CR takes Lux to task for not offering more performance for the price.  

http://blogs.consumerreports.org/home/2010/07/best-vacuums-review-sebo-automatic-x5-lindhaus-diamante-380-miele-s-2120-olympus-aerus-lux-legacy-lu.html

(sorry forgot link earlier)

This message was modified Sep 30, 2010 by Severus

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
Replies: 19 - 21 of 21Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Venson

Re: Inside Consumer Reports Test Labs: New vacuums from Aerus, Electrolux, Lindhaus, Miele, Panasonic, and Sebo
Reply #19   Feb 17, 2011 8:50 am
HARDSELL wrote:
We heard you the first time.

Okay, okay -- I'll shut up!

Venson

CarmineD

Re: Inside Consumer Reports Test Labs: New vacuums from Aerus, Electrolux, Lindhaus, Miele, Panasonic, and Sebo
Reply #20   Feb 17, 2011 8:52 am
Venson wrote:
These claims are the only reason I've bother with Consumer Reports over the years.  I pay little attention to Consumers Digest or Good Houskeeping's Seal of Approval.  Does Which? bear the same standard or does it get funding from manufacturers?

Venson

Hello Venson:

You along with 20 MILLION monthly readers of Consumer Reports.  While I don't subscribe to CR, save for gifts of subscriptions given to me over the years, I do make it a point of buying selected CR issues off the shelf.  Usually at COSTCO where the price is discounted from the newstand and store prices by 30 percent. 

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #21   Feb 17, 2011 6:21 pm
Venson wrote:
These claims are the only reason I've bother with Consumer Reports over the years.  I pay little attention to Consumers Digest or Good Houskeeping's Seal of Approval.  Does Which? bear the same standard or does it get funding from manufacturers?

Venson

I think Which does get the machines on loan. They test quite a few models and wouldn't be able to afford to buy all of them, even at reduced costs.
Replies: 19 - 21 of 21Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42