Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Vacuum News You Can Use

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
CarmineD

Vacuum News You Can Use
Original Message   Jan 25, 2011 7:45 am
Here's some interestingly current events news.  After/before reading go to the BEST BUY web site and peruse the vacuum products for sales under dyson brand.  See anything of interest you didn't see there before?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704115404576095881429852432.html

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jan 25, 2011 by CarmineD
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Venson

Re: Vacuum News You Can Use
Reply #1   Jan 25, 2011 1:37 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Here's some interestingly current events news.  After/before reading go to the BEST BUY web site and peruse the vacuum products for sales under dyson brand.  See anything of interest you didn't see there before?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704115404576095881429852432.html

Carmine D.

Thanks Carmine.  Most interesting.  I'd assume this is the last thing Dyson would want.

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #2   Jan 25, 2011 2:32 pm
Venson wrote:
Thanks Carmine.  Most interesting.  I'd assume this is the last thing Dyson would want.

Venson

Hi Venson:

And the last thing BEST BUY stores want.  Refurbs are a big industry in the USA BUT not for vacuum manufacturers like dyson and retailers like BEST BUY.  It's a last resort.  The last time I saw such a huge industry in refurb vacuums was during the war when metal was diverted to the war effort overseas away from new products for home production and consumption.  And as soon as the rationing was lifted and the materials were back on line for home usage, vacuum makers saturated the industry with new vacuum products all at once.

Interestingly the industry is coming on the 10 year anniversary soon of the BEST BUY/dyson partnership.  And it's come to dyson refurbs.  This unwanted marriage blip in the road has come to vacuum refurbs for 2 reasons: The poor 2010 Holiday sales by BEST BUY stores and the enormous number of dyson returns to BEST BUY stores. 

On a positive note, buy a new washer/dryer at BEST BUY stores and get 20 percent off of a new vacuum.  Ideal for LG venue in BEST BUY stores.

Also, note the vacuum parts suppliers at the VDTA this year and their exhibit space.  They will be pushing a certain bagless brand of replacement parts to indies in hopes that the huge number of bagless repairs adding up will soon join the US aftermarket refurb vacuum industry sales.  

Carmine D.

CountVacula

Reply #3   Dec 26, 2014 1:00 am
I recently saw an Electrolux Oxygen canister at a thrift store i was thinking of buying. On the label on the bottom of the machine it said it was manufactured in the EU and "Refurbished in Mexico". That got my attention. had never seen that before. Kenmore sells factory authorized refurbs through their Hometown store web site.
treetopguy2028

Reply #4   Jan 11, 2015 4:25 am
While I enjoy reading what's going on in business, I usually hold back from opportunities to refurbish something someone else has bought factory new. One of my treasured authors now deceased was Philip Crosby who wrote Quality is Free and later, Quality Without Tears. So few people understand QC or want to deliver quality in whatever work they do. They just don't care whether the product or job gets done correctly and thoroughly. I hope that when I die I still stand on this soapbox. I recently took in a Fantom Twister 700LX Bagless vac for cleanup and repair and am finding it tough to find parts lists manuals and schematics. Made in China, they appear to be an awesome design. Based on what little history I have found this far they ran alongside Dyson in the new market for Bagless vacuums and appealed to Amway Corporation for their shopping catalog. But the small flaws (parts that broke) are proof positive of the saying "a chain is only as strong as its weakest link."
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42