Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Perfect Commercial Metal 12 Inch HEPA Upright Vacuum Cleaner Model P103

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
salair

Perfect Commercial Metal 12 Inch HEPA Upright Vacuum Cleaner Model P103
Original Message   Jan 14, 2011 7:00 am
Hi. I'm about to buy my second vacuum in two years and I am quite frankly tired of replacing vacuums this often. So I've decided to give the commercial vacuum a try. I need an upright, hepa, bag vac because my son has allergies.
My research have led me to two model.

The Sanitair-         http://www.sanitairevac.com/professional/products/upright/s677.jsp
I've read raving reviews about this brand all over the internet.

And  The Perfect Vacuum. http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM257314570P?sid=IDx20101019x00001a&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=SPM257314570
 I've search all over the net looking for reviews on this vacuum and have come up empty handed. If anyone here have use this vacuum or can give some info as to the durability of it.  I'd appreciate it.
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Perfect Commercial Metal 12 Inch HEPA Upright Vacuum Cleaner Model P103
Reply #1   Jan 14, 2011 8:40 am
Hello salair:

Basically these are the same/similar vacuums despite their names.  Made by the same manufacturer [EUREKA-Electrolux] except for the differences in features [like a headlight] and probably the prices.  These vacuums are uprights only and have no attachments on board for above the floor cleaning.  They are designed and function based on vacuum priciples of tried and true uprights of yester year.  Both receive Carpet and Rug Institute awards for effective rug and carpet cleaning.  Both will do the job on rugs just depends on your personal choice of the features and budget.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #2   Jan 14, 2011 11:12 am
Hi salair,

Just throwing this in . . .

There are also metal uprights made by Royal. You have the option of shake-out bags or regular and HEPA disposable bags. However, the base height of Royal's metal uprights is higher and will prove a problem for getting under low furniture. Though decent suction is provided, use of attachments means manually moving the cleaner's brush drive belt off and on the the machines drive shaft to put the hose adapter in place.

http://www.royalvacuums.com/Commercial/AllMetalUprights/

Thinking out loud, are you a one-vacuum household and how much bare flooring and above-the-floor cleaning needs do you also have and how do you normally deal with them? If allergies are an issue in your home, regularly vacuuming upholstered furniture, etc., can be a boon. None of the machines mentioned would be good for that without attachments.

Once you've decided on brand and model by all means check out pricing by way of either http://www.pricegrabber.com or http://www.nextag.com

Venson
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #3   Jan 14, 2011 3:41 pm
Salair:

What are you looking for in a vacuum?  What kind of floors do you have?  What vacuums have you had recently, and what did you like/dislike about them? 

There may be other vacuums that are more appropriate for your situation. 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
salair

Reply #4   Jan 14, 2011 11:03 pm
Thank you all for your imput.  My last two vacuums was a dirt devil and a hoover respectively. The dirt devil was a bagless canister vacuum . My blunder was that in trying to save money; I completely didn't consider the fact that emptying the canister and cleaning the filter would would just eject the dust back into the air. The hoover tempo widepath wasn't bad allergy wise, except that it started to fall apart almost immediately after purchase. first went the cover, which I duct taped, then the adjustable wheels, followed by more duct tape,  the attachment wouldn't remain attach, they started disappearing when my kids vacuumed, and finally the roll brush broke.

I don't have much use for the attachment  50% of my floor is covered with rugs and all my furniture was purchase with slip covers. I just wash everything.  My main concern is getting as much dust out of those rugs as possible, my son's allergies is bordering asmatic. With my limited budget, I'm leaning towards the Perfect, but it doesn't seem to have a disposable bag option just a filter. The sanitaire is slightly over my price range. Is it possible to get a coupon to purchase one of these?
This message was modified Jan 14, 2011 by salair
Venson

Reply #5   Jan 15, 2011 1:09 am
salair wrote:
Thank you all for your imput.  My last two vacuums was a dirt devil and a hoover respectively. The dirt devil was a bagless canister vacuum . My blunder was that in trying to save money; I completely didn't consider the fact that emptying the canister and cleaning the filter would would just eject the dust back into the air. The hoover tempo widepath wasn't bad allergy wise, except that it started to fall apart almost immediately after purchase. first went the cover, which I duct taped, then the adjustable wheels, followed by more duct tape,  the attachment wouldn't remain attach, they started disappearing when my kids vacuumed, and finally the roll brush broke.

I don't have much use for the attachment  50% of my floor is covered with rugs and all my furniture was purchase with slip covers. I just wash everything.  My main concern is getting as much dust out of those rugs as possible, my son's allergies is bordering asmatic. With my limited budget, I'm leaning towards the Perfect, but it doesn't seem to have a disposable bag option just a filter. The sanitaire is slightly over my price range. Is it possible to get a coupon to purchase one of these?

Hi Salair,

As the Sanitaire is a "commercial" vac it is doubtful that there will be coupons to help out on the price. I'd check out a few local establishments that sell and repair vacuums. You've a chance of negotiating price. While you're there, you might also consider looking at some used or rebuilt machines of the same type if you're looking to save.

If you're a careful shopper, also check out eBay and Amazon.com for new models at better prices.

However, please keep in mind to check on the price of disposable HEPA quality bags for the machine you choose. Bags best for dust capture and containment come at higher prices than just standard paper bags.

Good luck . . .

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #6   Jan 15, 2011 8:02 am
salair wrote:

Hello salair:

Check this link at Sam's Club for a Sanitaire upright that retails for $140 with the bag option.  Also commercial rated by OSHA standards.  Sam's has had this EUREKA-Electrolux product, like the ones you posted, for years and years.  Always at about this price.  Meets all your requirements even down to the price.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=144250#desc

Carmine D.

Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42