Original Message   Jan 10, 2011 9:02 pm
Here is a manual of an Electrolux 1205

pg 1

Replies: 19 - 28 of 28Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Venson

Re: vintage vacuum manuals
Reply #19   Jan 12, 2011 1:30 pm
Hi,

My only problem with this is that, possibility of photos not relating to current vacuum issues considered, the images appear to be part of Fred "Compact Electra's" collection at www.vacuumland.org. (Same walls, same green baseboards and same fancy shelving.)

If "hooverman" is actually Fred, I haven't much to say though I think for the purpose of points for reference images of older machines are important not so much for nostalgia's sake but for displaying landmarks as to what was and what is.

However, if the photo's presented here are not actually images of machines in hooverman's possession there's a lot to be said. But I'll say no more than that I always find it is as surprising as it is sad to encounter folks who are fool enough to actually believe everybody else is a fool too.

http://www.vacuumland.org/cgi-bin/00ShowCollectionGETD.cgi?photoshow=21@Back%20Together%202@COMPACTELECTRA.jpg&dir=/COLLECTIONS/COMPACTELECTRA/

http://www.vacuumland.org/cgi-bin/00ShowCollectionGETD.cgi?photoshow=20@Back%20Together%201@COMPACTELECTRA.jpg&dir=/COLLECTIONS/COMPACTELECTRA/

Venson
This message was modified Jan 12, 2011 by Venson
hooverman

Reply #20   Jan 12, 2011 1:46 pm
No, I am NOT Fred Nelson nor affiliated with Vacuumland in any way; & I forgot to add the "credit(s) courtesy of..." on the pics.  However vac collections is still my intrest.  Abbys Guide forum members here are more helpful than members in other forums I've posted on in the past.
Venson

Reply #21   Jan 12, 2011 2:03 pm
hooverman wrote:
No, I am NOT Fred Nelson nor affiliated with Vacuumland in any way; & I forgot to add the "credit(s) courtesy of..." on the pics.  However vac collections is still my intrest.  Abbys Guide forum members here are more helpful than members in other forums I've posted on in the past.

You're missing the point. What you said was -- "my Electrolux collection--nice 2 have the 1205-era Lux scrubber, 1205 & L." That's what I take umbrage at as there is no excuse for claiming something that's not yours or alluding to that. Also, it is indeed sad that you feel a need to do so. Is it a big deal? Beyond negating someone else's hard work, I don't know since I've been told lots of bigger fibs. What I do know is that it makes it very easy not to believe you and not to want to bother with your questions.

Venson
Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #22   Jan 12, 2011 3:02 pm
Venson, et al;

If you read my previous post, you will see that I already knew about it.  I contacted Fred to get confirmation, which he did.

I have a really big issue with others using info and pictures without giving credit, but instead make it their own.  This happens more than you think.  Let me give you an example.  One person talks about info on a website, lets say a news segment about Tacony canisters now available on Tacony's website.  Then a few days later, someone else comes on here and gives someone info about their link to the Tacony site with the news segment.  You see, that person just made the originator of the info obsolete and him the originator.  That is considered stealing.  Think about it.  It happened.  This is a big issue in this day and age.  Just ask any college.  In this site, if you  post any info, pictures, etc. you should always give credit to the originator.  If you take an image from a website, you should tell where you took it from. 

I will not repeat myself regarding the manual.  I will say again, leave matters to the Moderator.  There are things I know that you do not.

I appreciate "Hooverman" taking the responsibility to private message me instead of just posting something.

Mike W.
This message was modified Jan 12, 2011 by Mike_W
CarmineD

Reply #23   Jan 12, 2011 4:03 pm
Speaking of Tacony as the moderator did, I couldn't find a news release but this link is proof is that the USA Tacony made canister line is finally here.

http://product.riccar.com/products/canisters/?prod=IMMAC

This was the subject of discussion a long time and awhile back, more than a few days, so I hope I'm not stealing someone's original post here without giving credit to that poster.  If I did unintentionally cited a previously posted link/factoid, I apologize profusely in advance for my forgetfulness and oversight.  Enjoy. 

Carmine D.

hooverman

Reply #24   Jan 12, 2011 5:18 pm
Venson wrote:
You're missing the point. What you said was -- "my Electrolux collection--nice 2 have the 1205-era Lux scrubber, 1205 & L." That's what I take umbrage at as there is no excuse for claiming something that's not yours or alluding to that. Also, it is indeed sad that you feel a need to do so. Is it a big deal? Beyond negating someone else's hard work, I don't know since I've been told lots of bigger fibs. What I do know is that it makes it very easy not to believe you and not to want to bother with your questions.

Venson

Of the Electroluxes pictured on this post; the turquose Lux L, 1205 & B8 polisher/shampooer are the only 3 Electrolux machines I ACTUALLY own.  All the other ones I don't have; I put the pic to show which ones I own (which are the 1205-era Luxes)  I'll post my own actual pic later.
Just

Reply #25   Jan 14, 2011 4:12 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Speaking of Tacony as the moderator did, I couldn't find a news release but this link is proof is that the USA Tacony made canister line is finally here.

Carmine D.

But,  YOUCH!!  did you see the MSRP?  
CarmineD

Reply #26   Jan 14, 2011 5:58 pm
Just wrote:
But,  YOUCH!!  did you see the MSRP?  

Yes indeed.  $1600 for the top of the line cann. 

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #27   Jan 14, 2011 6:04 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Yes indeed.  $1600 for the top of the line cann. 

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

I noticed the that too. Being these are sold at indie shops how much of that price point would you say is likely to be be up for negotiation?

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #28   Jan 14, 2011 8:15 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

I noticed the that too. Being these are sold at indie shops how much of that price point would you say is likely to be be up for negotiation?

Venson

Hi Venson:

Excellent question.  Firstly, most here in the vacuum business would probably say that RICCAR/SIMPLICITY tend to inflate the MSRP realizing that it is the pie in the sky product price.  So smart and realistic price negotiations are the key with RICCAR/SIMPLICITY products when shopping and buying.  Having said that, this line of RICCAR USA made canns WRT price is comparable to other USA made vacuums for MSRP [KIRBY and RAINBOW for example].  Hence, I'm reluctant and reluctant to impute a standard percent of price cushion in the MSRP that should/could be waived across the board for the USA made RICCAR cann models among all indies.  It's safe to say that these canns at a minimum should be priced at least 30 percent more than the Chinese/Malaysian/Korean made top of the price line vacuum products due to the higher US labor costs.  So, take a $500-$600 comparably priced brand vacuum made in one of these countries and add 30 percent more to the price for higher USA labor wages.  Then, look at the USA made RICCAR and the comparable cheaper labor made foreign vacuums for comparative features [including warranty] to get a reasonable price differential for the RICCAR USA canns.  Then look to make the best price deal based on that "re-constructed price" vice the MSRP.

Carmine D. 

Replies: 19 - 28 of 28Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42