Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson DC07: How To Purchase Bin/Cyclone Top Assembly

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
ArtShapiro

Dyson DC07: How To Purchase Bin/Cyclone Top Assembly
Original Message   Jan 7, 2011 2:50 pm
Hello.  Sporadic poster here.  I use a yellow DC07 as backup to the Rainbow.  Someone in the house must have lifted the whole unit by the curved cyclone handle, as an L-shaped piece of plastic that securely anchors the cyclone assembly to the body of the vac has broken off.  It isn't a show-stopper, as the cyclone sits appropriately on the body and is perfectly useable.

Email to Dyson customer service reveals that they only market the entire cyclone assembly.   This is rather silly, not to mention expensive, as the handle of the cylone trivially unbolts from the bin and cyclone mechanism for removal/replacement.

I see the top handle assembly available on eBay out of Britain in various colors (I assume that's purely cosmetic differentiation) but not here in the States.  In fact, I saw the precise "cyclone catch" I needed but it wasn't obvious how to disassemble the curved top handle in order to replace just that lttle grey piece of plastic.

Does anyone here sell just the cylone top (new or used) that I need?

Art

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Dyson DC07: How To Purchase Bin/Cyclone Top Assembly
Reply #1   Jan 7, 2011 9:31 pm
Hello Art:

I suggest you visit a local vacuum store independent owner/operator and ask for a dyson replacement part.  By now, most have a stored up inventory of DC07 vacuums on hand from trades/unclaimed customer repairs that they will be willing to part out for reasonable prices.  Best way to go now that dyson has discontinued the DC07 and DC14 models.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jan 7, 2011 by CarmineD
vacmanuk

Re: Dyson DC07: How To Purchase Bin/Cyclone Top Assembly
Reply #2   Jan 8, 2011 3:06 pm
Check EBAY UK and especially Hoovermania as a seller. They usually have Dyson spares as do another couple of companies.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Appliance-Spares-2-Go

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/appliancehelp
This message was modified Jan 8, 2011 by vacmanuk
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42