Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
chirkut123

Miele S2 vs S5
Original Message   Sep 21, 2010 6:49 pm
I'm set on purchasing a Miele canister. Need some insight with real differences between the two lines - S2 and S5. Looking at straight comparison up on web I don't see significant differences in the unit itself. For e.g. http://www.allergybuyersclub.com/vacoverview.html For the most part it looks like main difference is in the bundled attachments, such as, power head, brush. Motor is the same, suction & air-flow supposedly is similar. Does it mean that if you throw higher end power head, floor brush that is bundled with Callisto over to a Delphi then Delphi becomes pretty much similar to Callisto ignoring cosmetics such as ergo handle etc.?
Replies: 34 - 34 of 34Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
vacmanuk

Re: Miele S2 vs S5
Reply #34   Dec 2, 2010 8:41 am
vacomatic wrote:
The s2 appears to lack the dust chamber edge sealing that the s5 offers, among other things.

Also, as an aside, it seems the HYCLEAN bags have fixed the S5's previous problem of dust leaking through its bags and clogging its HEPA filter, the main reason I've stuck with the Blue Moon for awhile.
Have to admit the S5 maneuvers  better than the Blue Moon, though.

Probably true but what about the inner side of the lid on the top where the hose mount is located? The seals may have been put up there that close down onto the bag once the lid is locked down.

The Hyclean bags have been improved - this was already identified in an earlier post where some U.S places are getting "Airclean" bags rather than "HyClean" and in the UK Miele haven't bothered to change the name , only getting rid of the central inner ribbons that pushed dust out past the seal hole.
Replies: 34 - 34 of 34Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42