Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > How well do leaf vacuums work?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
ManikBhai

How well do leaf vacuums work?
Original Message   Nov 12, 2010 9:48 am
I've always used a conventional chipper/shredder to mulch leaves. Mine broke and I'm going to replace it. The new leaf vacuums (the big rolling monsters that Sears sells for $500+) sound good. How well do they work with a LOT of leaves. We have 80 year old trees and get buried.

This message was modified Mar 15, 2016 by a moderator
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Venson

Re: How well do leaf vacuums work?
Reply #1   Nov 12, 2010 11:05 am
ManikBhai wrote:
I've always used a conventional chipper/shredder to mulch leaves. Mine broke and I'm going to replace it. The new leaf vacuums (the big rolling monsters that Sears sells for $500+) sound good. How well do they work with a LOT of leaves. We have 80 year old trees and get buried.

Hi,

Wow! I don't recall hearing a like request here before. Though right about now my living room might be better served with a leaf blower than a vacuum, my apartment didn't come with a lawn.

What I would suggest is that you check out Consumer Reports or a like periodical for advice as to what one should reasonably expect from one of these machines. Were I you, I'd also consult with local vendors who repair and maintain gardening equipment. There are other manufacturers of the same that make quality product. Once you've done some research and gathered model numbers and brands, check out http://www.nextag.com or http://www.pricegrabber.com for pricing comparisons. Prices for a single item can vary vendor to vendor.

Hope that's helpful . . .

Good luck,

Venson
This message was modified Nov 12, 2010 by Venson
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42