Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Finally --- a number!!!

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Finally --- a number!!!
Original Message   Nov 2, 2010 9:25 am
Good morning,

I don't know if LG has plans for a line of vacuums fitted with UV lights but the company is mentioned re a report on UV light tests.  To me, area, speed and application time have always been a crucial issues if you mean to sell a device claimed to do in bacteria, etc..  The original Halo totally avoided the matter and I feel suffered for it but these tests might encourage future UV vac producers to be more upfront.

The new tests claim that moving a UV light vac at 1.8 feet per second for two minutes over the 3 feet x 3 feet test rugs employed reduced microbes by 76 percent.  I can't imagine many will feel enthused by devoting two minutes per square yard of rug for sanitization's sake but at least interested consumers will have a more realistic idea of what they're being asked to buy into.

Venson

http://sify.com/news/uv-light-doubles-vacuum-s-effectiveness-in-removing-carpet-microbes-news-international-klcoadhgfhc.html

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Venson

Re: Finally --- a number!!!
Reply #1   Nov 2, 2010 9:29 am
Correction: The article cites microbial reduction as 78 not 76 percent. Venson
CarmineD

Re: Finally --- a number!!!
Reply #2   Nov 3, 2010 8:03 am
Hi Venson:

Good article on the UV-C benefits and faults.  Thanks for posting.  Nick Garcia's downfall, [founder and owner of halo before it went belly up] among others, was falsely promoting halo as the only vacuum that could kill microbegerms in carpets.  Scientiifc research and studies, which you posted here, refuted this claim saying any brush roll'ed vacuum would do the same.  Then, Garcia attempted to "buy" a research study that would show longterm usage of halo vice other vacuums would diminish the bad effects of vacuuming on asthma and allergy sufferers.  He was desperate to salvage his reputation and company. To my knowledge he was unsuccessful there too and the results were never reported. 

The tanking US economy, the high halo prices, lack of authorized parts and service for halo among vacuum indies, another so so china made vacuum product, only one year warranty, and customer doubts and uncertainty about UV-C light reliability [as you cogently documented here] all combined to bring halo down in a short 9 months out of the gate. 

ORECK's approach with the halo and UV-C technology has been much better.  ORECK hardly mentions halo unless a customer specifically asks for and about its benefits.  I'm happy that the technology is still in the vacuum industry, thanks to ORECK, and available for those who want it but with a more pragmatic profile of benefits. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Nov 3, 2010 by CarmineD
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42