Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > A self-proclaimed vac guru marvels at the Dyson DC23.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Hertz

A self-proclaimed vac guru marvels at the Dyson DC23.
Original Message   Oct 10, 2010 4:46 pm
A man who obviously knows what he's talking about appreciates the incredible design, incredible performance, and excellent quality of the DC23: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf9W6tCRSII Be sure to check out part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1rZHfUgyqI
Replies: 11 - 20 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: A self-proclaimed vac guru marvels at the Dyson DC23.
Reply #11   Oct 13, 2010 4:08 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Spoke to Dyson UK this morning and they confirm that the DC23 Motorhead on its own weighs 2.2kg. The SEBO ET-1 weighs 1.8kg. For an older machine floor head, this is pretty impressive and isn't less of a strain to pick up off the floor.

Vacmanuk:

The good get better.  The better become better and the best rise to the top.  SEBO is one of the best. 

Carmine D. 

Hertz

Reply #12   Oct 13, 2010 7:46 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Hey xxxxxx, you trying to tell me that removing a brush roll by two screws is easier than pressing a button release? 

*Portions deleted by Moderator"

Only a whiny little bastard would complain about such an issue, and it's easier then my Miele SEB 217. Also, a button release is more complicated than two simple mundane screws, you do the logic you frickin' joke.
Hertz

Reply #13   Oct 13, 2010 7:48 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Spoke to Dyson UK this morning and they confirm that the DC23 Motorhead on its own weighs 2.2kg. The SEBO ET-1 weighs 1.8kg. For an older machine floor head, this is pretty impressive and isn't less of a strain to pick up off the floor.

Dude, WHAT? Seriously, don't you get that less weight is worse for a powerhead? Maybe the agitation would make up for it, but I'm willing to wager my DC-14 alone on the likely fact the Dyson head cleans better.
Venson

Reply #14   Oct 13, 2010 8:51 pm
Hertz wrote:
Dude, WHAT? Seriously, don't you get that less weight is worse for a powerhead? Maybe the agitation would make up for it, but I'm willing to wager my DC-14 alone on the likely fact the Dyson head cleans better.

Sorry Hertz, weight isn't a factor.  The power nozzle can weigh one pound or ten but pull of suction, air flow and brushing/agitation action are all that basically matter.  Actually I set the height of my power nozzle up just a notch to allow the cleaner to lift the rug in the hope of enhancing the agitation process.  Old school thinking I know, but I like the result.  I also think it might make cleaning a little less laborious for the PN's motor.

Venson

This message was modified Oct 13, 2010 by Venson
CarmineD

Reply #15   Oct 14, 2010 7:24 am
Hertz wrote:

Have to do better than that offer to get any takers.  Don't know many bettors willing to take a new DC14, let alone a pallet pieces one, for proving you soooo wrong.  Good way to keep from getting bettors to take you on.  Give them something of little or no value that they don't want when you lose.  Like stealing new dysons and trying to fence.  Who really wants them now?

Carmine D.

Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #16   Oct 14, 2010 2:29 pm
Hertz wrote:
Only a whiny little bastard would complain about such an issue, and it's easier then my Miele SEB 217. Also, a button release is more complicated than two simple mundane screws, you do the logic you frickin' joke.

This is Hertz's last post on this website.  He will no longer be able to involve himself in these topics.  I tend to give people opportunity to change, but then there is a point when things need to be taken care of.  Use this as an example of how to behave, or not behave, on this forum.  If you are going to make an issue, you to will not be allowed back.  It is okay to disagree, tell someone they are wrong, "push" their favorite, but no member should be name-calling using offensive language, etc.

Let's not have anymore discussion about this.  Move on.

Mike W.
Moderator Mike_W

Reply #17   Oct 14, 2010 2:58 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Apologies Mike but Isnt it about time you did something about members on here who keep posting endless videos from You Tube (which they dont make themselves) which are designed to antagonize your members as well as the obvious endless posts on this forum?

Any member is allowed to post YouTube videos, as well as other links.  I believe that you have posted YouTube videos also.  People are going to sometimes have alot of "passion" for a  topic, but that is okay.  What is not okay is when members get into calling others names or using inappropriate language for this board.  On the receiving end, members need to also be responsible for how they react to the posts.  Yo.u can choose to not respond.

BTW, I did catch your other, similar comments, w/additions, on the other thread.  I will be sending you a private message soon.

Mike W.
vacmanuk

Reply #18   Oct 14, 2010 7:56 pm
Mike_W wrote:
Any member is allowed to post YouTube videos, as well as other links.  I believe that you have posted YouTube videos also.  People are going to sometimes have alot of "passion" for a  topic, but that is okay.  What is not okay is when members get into calling others names or using inappropriate language for this board.  On the receiving end, members need to also be responsible for how they react to the posts.  Yo.u can choose to not respond.

BTW, I did catch your other, similar comments, w/additions, on the other thread.  I will be sending you a private message soon.

Mike W.

The postings I have put haven't been designed to antagonise other members from previous posts I've made to prove a point. Something that Hertz had previously done and was also found out by other members on this forum who have visited or may be members of other vacuum cleaner forums. I came here to virtually speak with other vacuum cleaner collectors and to share experiences. Hertz however really rubbed me up the wrong way and it wasn't fair to other members on here, either who have probably felt similar.
This message was modified Oct 14, 2010 by vacmanuk
CarmineD

Reply #19   Oct 15, 2010 7:49 am
Mike_W wrote:

Mike W.

Since you have gone public here with your thoughts, I'll add my 2 cents too.  Your answer as an option is a reasonable choice IMHO if one is a saint.  More than likely if the poster who is the butt of the mock doesn't respond, you probably won't do anything at all here but let it go.  Maybe as you said giving a second chance by waiting until the culprit does it again.  With time, the culprit usually does.  Even worse since he's gotten away with lesser before.  But you've forgotten the previous instance [s] and are still giving a second, third, and fourth plus chances.  How do we know when you started to keep track?  Sadly most here are sinners who are still trying.  Responding in kind to the poster/name calling/insults is more a rational and human reaction.  And it then forces YOU the Moderator to take some action.  As a generual rule, the one who goes second and responds in kind gets your attention real quickly like and then you take action quickly.  This is more so than with the initiator of the personal/professional attack who gets a pass [ a second chance as you call it ].  

Carmine D.

Moderator Mike_W

Reply #20   Oct 15, 2010 1:27 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Since you have gone public here with your thoughts, I'll add my 2 cents too.  Your answer as an option is a reasonable choice IMHO if one is a saint.  More than likely if the poster who is the butt of the mock doesn't respond, you probably won't do anything at all here but let it go.  Maybe as you said giving a second chance by waiting until the culprit does it again.  With time, the culprit usually does.  Even worse since he's gotten away with lesser before.  But you've forgotten the previous instance [s] and are still giving a second, third, and fourth plus chances.  How do we know when you started to keep track?  Sadly most here are sinners who are still trying.  Responding in kind to the poster/name calling/insults is more a rational and human reaction.  And it then forces YOU the Moderator to take some action.  As a generual rule, the one who goes second and responds in kind gets your attention real quickly like and then you take action quickly.  This is more so than with the initiator of the personal/professional attack who gets a pass [ a second chance as you call it ].  

Carmine D.

Replies: 11 - 20 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42