Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Electrolux makes a sealed machine.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Hertz

Electrolux makes a sealed machine.
Original Message   Sep 16, 2010 1:54 am
Just as sealed as a Miele: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzCkHQNh1sA Also, look at their other videos, they have more suction than a Miele, too!
Replies: 8 - 17 of 17Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
vacmanuk

Re: Electrolux makes a sealed machine.
Reply #8   Sep 17, 2010 7:52 pm
Can someone enlighten me though, what is the point of showing air being sucked through a vacuum? Apart from the "polluted air" in a room that could be diffused and filtered easily, what point in terms of dust collection does this test provoke? In some ways buyers could misinterpret dust for the smoke, couldn't they? But dust is heavier in general isn't it?
Hertz

Reply #9   Sep 18, 2010 3:24 am
procare wrote:
Hertz,

A sealed vacuum is like the Aerus Guardian. From the power nozzle  thru the hose and into and out of the bag compartment. If you hooked up to a chamber full of smoke and sucked all the air our there wouldn 't be any smoke after the HEPA filter. Put a vacuum cleaner up to this and you would see if it was a sealed unit. Kirby, Oreck, Hoover, Rainbow will let out the smoke. These are not sealed units but talk of HEPA bags. The way the bags are on the Aerus bags and their compartment make for the best sealed area and cleaner areas in the cleaner.

Procare

Actually, Electrolux puts rubber grommets on their wands starting from the PN through the machine, thus making it as sealed as the most sealed system out there.
Hertz

Reply #10   Sep 18, 2010 3:25 am
CarmineD wrote:
I copied a pic from one of the posters cited in the link you posted above.  It's on another thread.  If you need help finding, let me know. 

A poster you referenced had just bought the Eureka-lux and took it through it's paces.  After doing so briefly he removed the bag took a picture of the dust leaking out of the new bag into the bag compartment.  He posted it for the readers to see.  In your haste you must have missed it.  Won't be the first time you posted a link with prima facie evidence contradicting your conclusions.  Keep up the good work.  I always look forward to your goodies here.

Carmine D.

Dude, you're so humorous. I actually read every post, and he clearly states that the bag most likely as a small tear somewhere, and that other users on the forum have the Oxygen 3, and not ONE particle leaks. Do your research buddy.
Hertz

Reply #11   Sep 18, 2010 3:27 am
vacmanuk wrote:
Can someone enlighten me though, what is the point of showing air being sucked through a vacuum? Apart from the "polluted air" in a room that could be diffused and filtered easily, what point in terms of dust collection does this test provoke? In some ways buyers could misinterpret dust for the smoke, couldn't they? But dust is heavier in general isn't it?

Seriously? Smog/smoke is of an extremely small micron size, thus if there's no evidence if it escaping - like in the video I posted - it proves a sealed system. I have no idea how you correlate more suction to destruction, but given your obvious bias against this commendable company, I'm not surprised. Peace
CarmineD

Reply #12   Sep 18, 2010 7:40 am
Hertz wrote:
Dude, you're so humorous. I actually read every post, and he clearly states that the bag most likely as a small tear somewhere, and that other users on the forum have the Oxygen 3, and not ONE particle leaks. Do your research buddy.

Really?  Post it here if that's what he says.  Picture speaks volumes more than your made up words.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #13   Sep 18, 2010 7:46 am
vacmanuk wrote:

vacmanuk: 

It's for show and effect.  Means nothing.  It's the clean exhaust air that matters.  If you put a brown sandwich paper/plastic bag in the vacuum, you'll have a 100 percent sealed system.  Air in, no air out.  Blow up a snadwich bag, air inside sealed closed, and burst it.  But, using a bag like this in a vacuum, and the motor will overheat and burn out in short order.  A worthy vacuum lets air and dirt in, contains all the dirt, and lets the fresh air out.  That is the MIELE forte: 100 percent sealed system.  Motor lasts fur immer.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #14   Sep 18, 2010 8:21 am
Hertz wrote:
Seriously? Smog/smoke is of an extremely small micron size, thus if there's no evidence if it escaping - like in the video I posted - it proves a sealed system. I have no idea how you correlate more suction to destruction, but given your obvious bias against this commendable company, I'm not surprised. Peace

Ever hear of a feature called suction regulators and controls on vacuums?  Why do you think vacuum makers include them on their machines?

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #15   Sep 18, 2010 9:13 am
Hertz wrote:

No, you seem to not know yourself why you put these pointless posts in to try and gauge other's reactions when they've been used on other threads, nor do you seem to realise that even with the greatest suction vacuum on the market, more suction means more wear on carpets. You go on right ahead Hertz with your failed sense of thinking and your dodgy Dyson cast offs. Keep going over the same kinds of carpet daily and you'll soon start to see the fruits of your labour as the carpet wears down more and more.
vacmanuk

Reply #16   Sep 18, 2010 9:14 am
CarmineD wrote:
vacmanuk: 

It's for show and effect.  Means nothing.  It's the clean exhaust air that matters.  If you put a brown sandwich paper/plastic bag in the vacuum, you'll have a 100 percent sealed system.  Air in, no air out.  Blow up a snadwich bag, air inside sealed closed, and burst it.  But, using a bag like this in a vacuum, and the motor will overheat and burn out in short order.  A worthy vacuum lets air and dirt in, contains all the dirt, and lets the fresh air out.  That is the MIELE forte: 100 percent sealed system.  Motor lasts fur immer.

Carmine D.

Thank you for that Carmine. At least that's a logical solution and response to why those tests exist.
CarmineD

Reply #17   Sep 19, 2010 7:28 am
vacmanuk wrote:
Thank you for that Carmine. At least that's a logical solution and response to why those tests exist.

You're welcome vacmanuk.  Same as showing a vacuum lifting a refrigerator and/or car.  Old tricks of the vacuum demo trade that come and go.  They resurface from time to time over the years by people who believe the hype.  Even worse, the people expect others to believe too and can't understand why/when they don't.  Even dyson recently used the old vacuum trick of picking up a car and aired the demo on European TV.  Doesn't mean a thing.  The operative question, like yours, is how many people use their vacuums to pick up cars? 

Carmine D. 

Replies: 8 - 17 of 17Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42