Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Stuck, Need Help. Simplicity Verve, Miele Titan or Calisto

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
bigdrunk92037

Stuck, Need Help. Simplicity Verve, Miele Titan or Calisto
Original Message   Aug 25, 2010 6:05 pm
I get wrapped around the axel when it comes to making decisions involving this much $$.   My Hoover 3755 has finally pooped the sheets and I am looking for a high quality, durable replacement.     I have a fair amount of medium shag carpets, a dog who sheds a lot, lots of wood and travertine floors.

I really want the Calisto, but REALLY, REALLY don't want to spend $1k after tax on a vacuum.   I have the opportunity to pick up a Simplicity Verve for under $500 brand new, which places it very close to the price of the Titan (close enough to where the price difference is no issue).   How does the filtration compare between the 3?   I like the idea of having the larger power head which makes me lean towards either the Verve or the Calisto.  The Verve also comes with a very comprehensive set of tools.   If I REALLY have to, I will pony up for the Calisto if people here think it is worth it, or is the price I can get the Verve for a no-brainer and something I should do?   Or the Titan?   Help. 

Replies: 7 - 16 of 16Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
bigdrunk92037

Re: Stuck, Need Help. Simplicity Verve, Miele Titan or Calisto
Reply #7   Aug 27, 2010 9:16 pm
I picked up a Verve today. I plan on not unboxing the unit for a day or two to see if I have any second thoughts. I typically like to buy the highest end stuff. When I don't buy the highest end I often times wish I did. I will see in a few days..... But hey, its only a vacuum, I am sure the Verve will serve me well.
CarmineD

Reply #8   Aug 28, 2010 7:03 am
bigdrunk92037 wrote:
I picked up a Verve today. I plan on not unboxing the unit for a day or two to see if I have any second thoughts. I typically like to buy the highest end stuff. When I don't buy the highest end I often times wish I did. I will see in a few days..... But hey, its only a vacuum, I am sure the Verve will serve me well.

The MIELE Callisto/Titan and the SIMPLICITY Verve will all serve you well.  The vacuum that serves you the best, like any other consumer purchase, is the one that you get because it is the one that you want. 

Carmine D. 

bigdrunk92037

Reply #9   Aug 28, 2010 11:08 pm
Gave the Verve a whirl. Happy with the unit but the bare floor tool leaves a little to be desired. After coming from the WindTunnel 3755, I was at first concerned that the Verve did not clean the carpet well. This perception comes from the noise and violence that came from the Hoover as it cleaned. My concerns are unwarranted. The Verve cleans carpet great, and does not exhaust dust like the Hoover did. The Hoover always got my alergies going, the Verve certainly does not!! Saving $500 by not going with the German unit will give me extra $$ towards the other German contraption I have been saving for (a BMW).
CarmineD

Reply #10   Aug 29, 2010 7:07 am
bigdrunk92037 wrote:
Gave the Verve a whirl. Happy with the unit but the bare floor tool leaves a little to be desired. After coming from the WindTunnel 3755, I was at first concerned that the Verve did not clean the carpet well. This perception comes from the noise and violence that came from the Hoover as it cleaned. My concerns are unwarranted. The Verve cleans carpet great, and does not exhaust dust like the Hoover did. The Hoover always got my alergies going, the Verve certainly does not!! Saving $500 by not going with the German unit will give me extra $$ towards the other German contraption I have been saving for (a BMW).

Enjoy your new Simplicity Verve vacuum purchase.  And also when you buy, enjoy your BMW.  BMW is my preference in luxury autos also.  Always nice to save $$ on what you need in order to have the extra $$ to buy what you want.  Where your treasure is, there is your heart.

Carmine D. 

Hertz

Reply #11   Sep 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Check out Electrolux's offerings. They're just as sealed as a Miele, have more suction, and are also really well built as this vacuum experienced man here says: http://www.vacuumland.org/TD/THREADS/MODERN/9829.htm?44 Videos proving Electrolux's filtration and suction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIfp29xPuGw&NR=1
CarmineD

Reply #12   Sep 17, 2010 4:33 am
Hertz wrote:
Check out Electrolux's offerings. They're just as sealed as a Miele, have more suction, and are also really well built as this vacuum experienced man here says: http://www.vacuumland.org/TD/THREADS/MODERN/9829.htm?44 Videos proving Electrolux's filtration and suction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIfp29xPuGw&NR=1

Copied from your link above:

A little bit of dust leaks through bag

Venson

Reply #13   Sep 17, 2010 3:15 pm
CarmineD wrote:

Hi,

If Mele has given me anything to write home and rave about it's exactly this.  I've continued dogging my Capricorn as a test.  Not only in the process of regular cleaning but for stuff I don't do ordinarily.  Last week I put a  long needed fresh coat of paint on stair risers, woodwork, etc., Some sanding needed to be done first and I used the Capricorn to clean-up the fine dust and the residue from old sanded down paint.  The high-filtration bag was already full but the bad change guage hasn't come out even a quarter of the way toward the full point.  My can's bag chamber is still remarkably clean and looks nothing like the picture posted. To me, that's what counts.

I'm not at all worried over what's sealed but what is captured up front.

Hertz

Reply #14   Sep 18, 2010 3:29 am
CarmineD wrote:

GOOD JOB CARMEN, YOU FAILED TO READ AGAIN :D You should win an award for most annoyingly blind user ever. EVERYBODY ELSE ON THAT FORUM SAYS THIS IS AN ABNORMALITY, and that THEIR machines of very similar models (Oxygen 3) are as clean as a whistle!!!! Good effort though, but, FAIL! ha
CarmineD

Reply #15   Sep 18, 2010 7:36 am
You're funny.  Nice try.  I read, see,  and comprehend fine.  You on the other hand need to change those rose colored glasses.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #16   Sep 18, 2010 7:37 am
Venson wrote:
Hi,

If Mele has given me anything to write home and rave about it's exactly this.  I've continued dogging my Capricorn as a test.  Not only in the process of regular cleaning but for stuff I don't do ordinarily.  Last week I put a  long needed fresh coat of paint on stair risers, woodwork, etc., Some sanding needed to be done first and I used the Capricorn to clean-up the fine dust and the residue from old sanded down paint.  The high-filtration bag was already full but the bad change guage hasn't come out even a quarter of the way toward the full point.  My can's bag chamber is still remarkably clean and looks nothing like the picture posted. To me, that's what counts.

I'm not at all worried over what's sealed but what is captured up front.

Hello Venson:

MIELE: Immer Besser!

Carmine D.

Replies: 7 - 16 of 16Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42