Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Keeler bagless 18 months later...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Trebor

Keeler bagless 18 months later...
Original Message   Aug 17, 2010 9:54 pm
And my Keeler bagless conversion is still working great!

I have tested and re-tested in homes before carpet cleaning. My initial findings hold true
1) Fine debris like carpet deodorizing powder clogs the filter quickly, no surprise there. This is also true of carpets in a home close to a dusty road, The only solution is a using Kirby with an old cloth bag, and suffering through the remediation process of vacuuming the crud out. The leaky bag keeps the airflow high.
2) Mattresses require the standard bag and ditto and most above the floor cleaning. The debris is too fine. The one notable exception is removing hair on upholstered furniture with the Zipp brush, The bagless conversion works well in this instance.
3) Heavy dirt, sand and pet hair are where the bagless conversion really shines. I have saved about 180.00 in Kirby bags in the year and a half I have had the Keeler bagless conversion.

Jim never said or intended his bagless conversion would replace the standard bag in every home for every application. Most Kirby owners do not use the attachments much if at all anyway. The idea came from people, especially pet owners with large homes full of carpet, buying nine packs of bags every month wishing they could just empty a dirt cup, but knowing the cheap bagless vacs would never match their Kirby's performance.

I know a lot of people have expressed negative feelings toward Jim to an extent which would indicate an aberrant emotional attachment to their Kirbys, as if the simple use of a bagless dirt cup were tantamount to the mutilation of a living creature. But the bottom line is this: A Kirby with a Keeler bagless conversion works very well when used to vacuum carpet to remove heavy dirt, sand and pet hair, Used with tools and for mattresses not so much, and carpet powder, forget it. He hit 90% of the use of the Kirby for 90% of Kirby owners 90% of the time. Not too shabby, I'd say.  Since I have more than one Kirby, I'll be ordering more Keeler conversions. I'd never have another bagless vacuum, and if you had told me I'd like my Kirby as a bagless I'd have said you were crazy, but after using it heavily for 18 months, I am a convert.
This message was modified Aug 17, 2010 by Trebor
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Keeler bagless 18 months later...
Reply #1   Aug 19, 2010 7:22 am
Trebor wrote:
And my Keeler bagless conversion is still working great!

I have tested and re-tested in homes before carpet cleaning. My initial findings hold true
1) Fine debris like carpet deodorizing powder clogs the filter quickly, no surprise there. This is also true of carpets in a home close to a dusty road, The only solution is a using Kirby with an old cloth bag, and suffering through the remediation process of vacuuming the crud out. The leaky bag keeps the airflow high.
2) Mattresses require the standard bag and ditto and most above the floor cleaning. The debris is too fine. The one notable exception is removing hair on upholstered furniture with the Zipp brush, The bagless conversion works well in this instance.
3) Heavy dirt, sand and pet hair are where the bagless conversion really shines. I have saved about 180.00 in Kirby bags in the year and a half I have had the Keeler bagless conversion.

Jim never said or intended his bagless conversion would replace the standard bag in every home for every application. Most Kirby owners do not use the attachments much if at all anyway. The idea came from people, especially pet owners with large homes full of carpet, buying nine packs of bags every month wishing they could just empty a dirt cup, but knowing the cheap bagless vacs would never match their Kirby's performance.

I know a lot of people have expressed negative feelings toward Jim to an extent which would indicate an aberrant emotional attachment to their Kirbys, as if the simple use of a bagless dirt cup were tantamount to the mutilation of a living creature. But the bottom line is this: A Kirby with a Keeler bagless conversion works very well when used to vacuum carpet to remove heavy dirt, sand and pet hair, Used with tools and for mattresses not so much, and carpet powder, forget it. He hit 90% of the use of the Kirby for 90% of Kirby owners 90% of the time. Not too shabby, I'd say.  Since I have more than one Kirby, I'll be ordering more Keeler conversions. I'd never have another bagless vacuum, and if you had told me I'd like my Kirby as a bagless I'd have said you were crazy, but after using it heavily for 18 months, I am a convert.

Hello Trebor:

Thanks for the update.  I highlighted the last comment.  It says it all about your thoughts and feelings.  I have to wonder how well the device would sell if Keeler and Kirby diodn't have a business falling out.  I suspect even if Kirby didn't give it a blatant nod of approval for retrofitting bagless usage and kept it more subtle, the bagless device would be doing well.  After all, look at all the accoutrements Kirby offers that owners never bother to use.  Keeler's bagless device would at least add an option for users who like you see potential with bagless savings and cleaning tasks.

Carmine D.

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42