Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Trebor

Oreck site
Original Message   Aug 16, 2010 12:59 pm
Notice the absence of the Dutch Tech canisters? The presence of the Edge, which was supposed to have been an dealer exclusive? So much for integrity. Oreck dealers fared betetr when Dave was at the helm.
Replies: 59 - 68 of 68Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Oreck site
Reply #59   Apr 1, 2011 4:37 pm
Mike_W wrote:
ORECK has nothing to do w/the previous Halo.  After they acquired the rights, they changed different aspects of the machine.  They did not just take the previous and slap their name on it. 

You're absolutely right.  ORECK made several very nice improvements to the old halo and marketed it under its own name.  Actually, when you put the two side by side, there is a resemblance but the ORECK halo was a vast improvement.  I pointed out here that the ORECK halo would have the same hindrances as the original halo and we would have to see what ORECK could do with it.  Never amde predictions except have yo wait and see.  At a minimum, I can say, the ORECK halo lasted much longer on the market than the original halo under Ken Garcia and ORECK still retains the rights to the halo UV-C technology.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #60   Apr 1, 2011 4:38 pm
Mike_W wrote:
Why no free hand held with this sale price.  The truth is that "FREE" is expensive with an Oreck. 

This is the same thing talked about earlier.  ORECK marketed their upright w/ free canister, that really is not FREE.  They have done this for years.  Other "8lbs." uprights sold alone. For the past several years, ORECK has started following others by offering the separate purchase option, like other brands.

Using Carmine's thinking-"COPYING"

Yes, but not to my way of thinking but from the industry's and for as long as I can remember.  Vacuum makers copy each other for as long as vacuums have been made and marketed around the world.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #61   Apr 1, 2011 4:42 pm
Mike_W wrote:
I do not know how this is such a great deal, when the whole public does not know about it..  ORECK sends info about sale of their vacuum cleaners to people who already purchased one.  I guess I would also, it I noticed someone who purchased more than two.

I should tell people that they could have gone to Big Lots last week, to purchase a factory refurb XL(w/same headlight) for the price of $99.00

Addition:

Just checked the ORECK website and see that they are offering the present BOL upright alone for $199.00  The offer from Carmine's email offer is a previous model.

Just making the point that I posted saying ORECK sells the upright solo with no side kick.  Not just as a duo with the compact canister.  Not saying it is or is not a good buy.  But beats my previous purchases.  It's not for all.  But for those interested with/w-o the iside kick, ORECK does both for marketing and sales.  One or both.  Smart marketing and improved sales for ORECK over the past 3 down years for vacuum sales.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #62   Apr 2, 2011 10:08 am
Mike_W wrote:
I do not know how this is such a great deal, when the whole public does not know about it..  ORECK sends info about sale of their vacuum cleaners to people who already purchased one.  I guess I would also, it I noticed someone who purchased more than two.

I should tell people that they could have gone to Big Lots last week, to purchase a factory refurb XL(w/same headlight) for the price of $99.00

Addition:

Just checked the ORECK website and see that they are offering the present BOL upright alone for $199.00  The offer from Carmine's email offer is a previous model.

The XL Element is $199 sans the hand held. They show the Element at $299 to include a free hand held.  Can someone please explain the new definition of "FREE"?
HARDSELL

Reply #63   Apr 2, 2011 10:36 am
CarmineD wrote:
The ORECK ad speaks for itself.  if you can't read/comprehend then that's your problem.  Don't blame ORECK and others for your own misgivings and shortcomings.  I bought 4 new XL uprights at $150-$199 on different occasions.  All of these purchases came with one year warranty, no headlight, and I had to pay for extra bags and the shipping.  $199 XL deluxe with headlight, ergonomic handle, HEPA bag, with free pack of bags, free shipping, free fragrance, one free tune up and 3 year warranty beats the ORECK deals I got on mine.  But don't take my word for it.  No.  Use your own judgment, if you have it and trust it.  Do your homework and buy what you want.  Since you tried the free ORECK in home trial on 2 seperate occasions, got and kept the free gifts with, but declined the vacuum both times, it took awhile and several times to decide for sure.  Bad judgment??  First time?  Second time?  Maybe that's the truth.    Does the truth hurt?  Blame yourself.  Not the truth and me.

Carmine D.

I can read and comprehend.  Seems as if you can't Read my earlier post a minute ago about free.
I was talking about the free canister, not all the frills you mention to avoid the '"TRUTH" that is not true.
Why would I or anyone take you word as fact?  As Mike said.  You assume too much.  I never used or kept any free gifts from Oreck as you assume and post as fact. 
Now back to the subject.  Where is the free hand held.  Please stick to the subject and not dance around the issue as you always try to do.
CarmineD

Reply #64   Apr 2, 2011 1:37 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
I can read and comprehend.  Seems as if you can't Read my earlier post a minute ago about free.
I was talking about the free canister, not all the frills you mention to avoid the '"TRUTH" that is not true.
Why would I or anyone take you word as fact?  As Mike said.  You assume too much.  I never used or kept any free gifts from Oreck as you assume and post as fact. 
Now back to the subject.  Where is the free hand held.  Please stick to the subject and not dance around the issue as you always try to do.

Sorry, I don't believe you.  You said here in the past you didn't know what you did with them.  Now you change your story.  Maybe you didn't use them and keep them.  But you still got them.  Twice. 

Here's a lesson for you to learn:  Truth leads to wisdom, wisdom leads to right judgment.  The one who doesn't have either is as nothing.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #65   Apr 2, 2011 3:22 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Sorry, I don't believe you.  You said here in the past you didn't know what you did with them.  Now you change your story.  Maybe you didn't use them and keep them.  But you still got them.  Twice. 

Here's a lesson for you to learn:  Truth leads to wisdom, wisdom leads to right judgment.  The one who doesn't have either is as nothing.

Carmine D.

I could care less what you believe.  Now find where I made such a statement or you are lieing as usual.

Only a real dumbass would claim that I got a free gift with the Oreck that I purchased from Target.

So, Mr. nothing, start your search.
CarmineD

Reply #66   Apr 2, 2011 4:29 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
I could care less what you believe.  Now find where I made such a statement or you are lieing as usual.

Only a real dumbass would claim that I got a free gift with the Oreck that I purchased from Target.

So, Mr. nothing, start your search.

What a web you weave, when it is you cecide to deceive. 

You claimed according to the timing of your posts here that you took advantage of the free in-home ORECK trials on two occasions [that were long before TARGET carried and sold ORECKs].  

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #67   Apr 3, 2011 9:19 am
CarmineD wrote:
What a web you weave, when it is you cecide to deceive. 

You claimed according to the timing of your posts here that you took advantage of the free in-home ORECK trials on two occasions [that were long before TARGET carried and sold ORECKs].  

Carmine D.

Wrong again Carmine.  I purchased once from an Oreck center and once from Target.  Kept no gifts.  After using the Oreck at home against the DC07 I knew I could win the bet that I later made to win an Oreck.

Now I have said that someone I know very well returned two mail order Orecks and kept the free lamps offered with them.  READ, it was SOMEONE i Know and not ME.

One as deceitful as yourself always attempts to bring others down to your level.  Once again you have become tangled in your own web.
CarmineD

Reply #68   Apr 3, 2011 2:32 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Wrong again Carmine.  I purchased once from an Oreck center and once from Target.  Kept no gifts.  After using the Oreck at home against the DC07 I knew I could win the bet that I later made to win an Oreck.

Now I have said that someone I know very well returned two mail order Orecks and kept the free lamps offered with them.  READ, it was SOMEONE i Know and not ME.

One as deceitful as yourself always attempts to bring others down to your level.  Once again you have become tangled in your own web.

I understand.  You have oldtimer's disease and can't remember what you say, said and when.  My apologies to you.  I did not know you were mentally challenged.

Now I understand why you keep buying ORECK's over and over even though you hate the vacuum.    Then can't remember as you said here what you did with the gifts you received, TWICE.

Carmine D.

Replies: 59 - 68 of 68Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42