Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Riccar RSL 5 @ $650 or Oreck Pilot @ $599 ?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
tbstbs

Riccar RSL 5 @ $650 or Oreck Pilot @ $599 ?
Original Message   Aug 12, 2010 9:51 am
I have been reading the various forums here this morning and they are so helpful.

I know what I don't want, so now I am having difficulty deciding between what appear to be 2 very good machines.

After pushing several of the previously mentioned machines around in the store, I might have a slight prefernce for the Riccar.  I like the fact that it won't need belts, and will turn off when I accidently suck up something I shouldn't.  I also prefer the hand held vac that comes with the Riccar, but I think that may be mostly cosmetic.

I believe I would choose the Pilot over the Gold, but I did not consider or really know about  the Edge I see talked about on here.  When it comes to the Oreck, it is hard to overlook the great 6 or 10+ year service plan, not to mention the 30 day money back guarantee.

Now, I am just going around and around in circles.

Does anyone here have some information that might help me move on?

Replies: 36 - 38 of 38Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Riccar RSL 5 @ $650 or Oreck Pilot @ $599 ?
Reply #36   Aug 16, 2010 12:49 pm
Actionvac wrote:
Sure but my returns are superlow, everyone loves the RSL Riccar line

I'm not surprised by either:  Low returns and users luv them. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #37   Aug 16, 2010 12:54 pm
Actionvac wrote:
My statement was probably a little harsh but after 21 years in the vac business I tend to pick up on thier dead wrong best buys and high recommends as in my store I back up every thing I sell to a fault ,and reliability is a strong issue with me, and a lot of the high rated units ar the most problematic, as as I love to sell high end units I am just as happy to  sell a 199.00 Riccar USA vacuum promo vac, although I have CR to thank for keeping me in the repair business as the S/P Windtunnel is a huge addition to our repairs

As did the HOOVER Power dials from years and years ago.  Clutch guide wires, handles, transmission belts....to CR's credit it does rate HOOVER as one of the more repair prone models tho I suspect no more so than other brands save the fact that so many more HOOVER models are sold and in use for long periods of time [compared with other brands]. 

Carmine D.

Actionvac

Reply #38   Aug 17, 2010 9:36 am
Severus wrote:
So what is the $199.00 Riccar USA vacuum promo vac?  

It is the Vibrance on board tools basic model with no light and wood brushroll 10 amp 3 yr warranty, 1 1/2 years ago when economy tanked they came out with 199,299,399,599 promo vacs, the 299 is Vibrance 10 amp, metal brush, inc on off for brushroll, the 399 was a 12 amp with on off brush but metal handle W/switch in handle 4 yr warranty and the 599 was a basic Tandem air model with black color 5 yr warranty, the 199.00 Vib or the others are 10 plus year vacs best deal out there I believe
Replies: 36 - 38 of 38Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42