Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > The "Donate a Dyson" Program . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

The "Donate a Dyson" Program . . .
Original Message   Aug 9, 2010 1:28 am
Well, ol' JD's gone and done it again.  Apparently out to impress with charitable works he's teamed up with Australian retailer, the Harvey Norman Group.  Dyson HEPA vacuums are being donated to families with children troubled by asthma.  The article I discovered say the "Donate a Dyson Program" is two years old.

And the deal is -- For every nine Dyson HEPA vacuum cleaners sold (up to a maximum value of RRP$500,000) Dyson will donate a HEPA vacuum to a family who has children with asthma.

Link to to article,
http://www.current.com.au/2010/08/09/article/Harvey-Norman-group-team-up-with-Dyson-in-asthma-campaign/DNCLGBOQTH.html

As usual, aren't all Dyson vacuums HEPA vacuums?  AND, hasn't the issue regarding highly dust-sensitive users and bagless vacuums been about dust exposure when emptying NOT air  filtration?

Nonetheless, I'm taking Jimmy D's example to heart.  I'm heading to Alaska to sell Dysons to the Eskimos.  I'll give them free snow and a "Drill baby, drill!!" button for each one they buy.

But, to be fair . . .The Electrolux people in Australia are giving away towels with the the sale of their floor care appliances.  Buy enough and you could start your own bed-and-breakfast or public gym.  Membership fees or room rentals would cover the entire cost of a machine in no time.

Article is here:
http://www.current.com.au/2010/08/06/article/Electrolux-Floor-Care-giving-consumers-and-rivals-a-towelling/FXHXRYJCFI

Venson

Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Thread
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42