Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Sebo Airbelt D Series . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Sebo Airbelt D Series . . .
Original Message   Jul 7, 2010 5:20 pm
Hi,

Which? magazine has just made a preliminary announcement re the Sebo D series vacuums.  Bags being my preference, I was pleased to read that the D series sports a 6-liter bag (about a gallon and a half).  The airbelt is a little wasted on me as I've never had problems with marring furniture.  However, if it will keep the machine itself from looking like it belongs in a second-hand shop for a few years I'm all for it.

Which? plans to test the D series soon.

The story is here: http://www.which.co.uk/news/2010/07/new-vacs-with-bumpers-to-protect-your-furniture-219804

Venson

Replies: 42 - 51 of 109Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
vacmanuk

Re: Sebo Airbelt D Series . . .
Reply #42   Jul 28, 2010 8:04 am
Well I made a little video of my Sebo D cylinder last night. Ive never made a video before and finally worked out how to do it.

See it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMgjzfLj7Uc
Venson

Reply #43   Jul 28, 2010 12:07 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Well I made a little video of my Sebo D cylinder last night. Ive never made a video before and finally worked out how to do it.

Cool! I have only one complaint -- I want to see the x-rated version.  One with a really dirty rug.

Best,

Venson

vacmanuk

Reply #44   Jul 28, 2010 3:26 pm
Venson wrote:
Cool! I have only one complaint -- I want to see the x-rated version.  One with a really dirty rug.

Best,

Venson

Sorry to disappoint you Venson. I dont have dirty rugs or anything darker than beige in our home lol
CarmineD

Reply #45   Jul 28, 2010 4:01 pm
vacmanuk wrote:

My new SEBO D2 Total cylinder vacuum...

2100 watts with variable suction LED control dial.
Easy to release 2.1 metre hose and 12 metres of cable.
Easy to release and fit 6 litre dust bag with seal cap.
Easy to fit filter on top of lid (other one exists around the back)
4 castors for better travel and 3 cleaning tools on the back.
Quiet in use, easier to use than Miele S5, lighter weight and no air hitting up at your face!

Thanks SEBO!

Thanks vacmanuk.  Good video.  V-e-r-y nice vacuum.  Like the LED variable suction dial.  Cordwinder would be a nice plus BUT at over 36 foot for power cord, winder would be weighty.

A comment on your vacuuming of the carpet in particular the speed of your back/forth motions.  I thought you are a tad bit fast.  Is this for video purposes or is that your normal speed?

I know what you thinking: Everybody's a critic............

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #46   Jul 28, 2010 11:51 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Thanks vacmanuk.  Good video.  V-e-r-y nice vacuum.  Like the LED variable suction dial.  Cordwinder would be a nice plus BUT at over 36 foot for power cord, winder would be weighty.

A comment on your vacuuming of the carpet in particular the speed of your back/forth motions.  I thought you are a tad bit fast.  Is this for video purposes or is that your normal speed?

I know what you thinking: Everybody's a critic............

Carmine D.

LOL.. well that's the speed of the 2100 watt suction Carmine! Um.. I think its the camera since I was doing the same speed in the kitchen where you can see our old LG washing machine in the distance.
The D has an auto cord rewind as standard, thank god! I don't think I could handle having to lasso up 12 metres of cord. Review now on here about it in worded form and it beats Miele S5 on many points, particularly:

1. Lighter weight to carry/pull along.
  2. Lighter tubes and lighter handle
  3. Longer hose
  4. No hot air facials
  5. Boxes of 8 bags compared to Miele's 4 bags.
  6. Filter set lasts double the amount of bags.
  7. Quieter than Miele's S5.
  8. Longer power cord than Miele or anything in the UK market presently.
This message was modified Jul 28, 2010 by vacmanuk
CarmineD

Reply #47   Jul 29, 2010 8:27 am
vacmanuk wrote:
LOL.. well that's the speed of the 2100 watt suction Carmine! Um.. I think its the camera since I was doing the same speed in the kitchen where you can see our old LG washing machine in the distance.
The D has an auto cord rewind as standard, thank god! I don't think I could handle having to lasso up 12 metres of cord. Review now on here about it in worded form and it beats Miele S5 on many points, particularly:

3. Longer hose
  4. No hot air facials

Thank you vacmanuk for all the clarifications including the cordwinder.  What are the benefits of the filter under the bag cover housing?  Is this unique to the SEBO D line of canns?  I haven't read your written review, so I apologize if you explained these matters already.  I will read and post any questions/comments after doing so. 

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #48   Jul 29, 2010 9:24 am
CarmineD wrote:
Thank you vacmanuk for all the clarifications including the cordwinder.  What are the benefits of the filter under the bag cover housing?  Is this unique to the SEBO D line of canns?  I haven't read your written review, so I apologize if you explained these matters already.  I will read and post any questions/comments after doing so. 

Carmine D.

The filter on top of the bag acts the motor filter whilst the one on the rear acts as the main filter to expel clean air into rooms. Both filters are indeed unique to the SEBO D series.
CarmineD

Reply #49   Jul 29, 2010 1:03 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
The filter on top of the bag acts the motor filter whilst the one on the rear acts as the main filter to expel clean air into rooms. Both filters are indeed unique to the SEBO D series.

Thank you.  I enjoyed reading the review you posted here on the SEBO D2.  Looks like there is a new sheriff in town.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #50   Jul 29, 2010 5:15 pm
vacmanuk wrote:

3. Longer hose
  4. No hot air facials

Hey, I'm sorry but I'm keeping the Mieles. You're talking to a country boy.  Well maybe not the biggest and best -- they had to thaw me out with intravenously administered hot chocolate halfway through fall hayrides every now and then. But . . .

The pound or two of extra weight doesn't bother me -- it may turn me into George Atlas one day.  The extra weight on the wands lends to a feeling of confidence that there's at least one thing I won't be replacing after the first odd and unfortunate bang or clunk.

I'm also pleased that the complete control of the machine is all handily under thumb on the hose handle.

As for cord length, my biggest problem was the stairs and I solved that with merely a two-and-one-half-foot electrical extension.  Life is great.

The D Series bigger bag size is an excellent idea but I continue to do very well with Miele's.  As for filtration, at the front lines, the bag chambers in both mine remain very clean with the use of high-filtration bags and I'm happy.  Let's both agree that what matters most, after all, is happiness.

Venson

This message was modified Jul 29, 2010 by Venson
vacmanuk

Reply #51   Jul 29, 2010 7:37 pm
Venson wrote:
Hey, I'm sorry but I'm keeping the Mieles. You're talking to a country boy.  Well maybe not the biggest and best -- they had to thaw me out with intravenously administered hot chocolate halfway through fall hayrides every now and then. But . . .

The pound or two of extra weight doesn't bother me -- it may turn me into George Atlas one day.  The extra weight on the wands lends to a feeling of confidence that there's at least one thing I won't be replacing after the first odd and unfortunate bang or clunk.

I'm also pleased that the complete control of the machine is all handily under thumb on the hose handle.

As for cord length, my biggest problem was the stairs and I solved that with merely a two-and-one-half-foot electrical extension.  Life is great.

The D Series bigger bag size is an excellent idea but I continue to do very well with Miele's.  As for filtration, at the front lines, the bag chambers in both mine remain very clean with the use of high-filtration bags and I'm happy.  Let's both agree that what matters most, after all, is happiness.

Venson

You keep your Miele's - you're entitled to it - and so am I. I have three Miele cylinders too, and none of them are the S5000 models because I've often been put off by the lack of long cord. Ive tried the extension mains power cord reel thing - not very practical when other members in the house hold trip over it. Fine if you're on your own. I'd leave mine out all day if I could get away with it. This is why I bought the Flexhose extender for the Miele hoses because of a lack of longer power cord.

Miele vacuums are generally excellent and I have no qualms in recommending either brand to people who ask me although its good and interesting to hear others thoughts on this. In terms of looking for a big vacuum which has lightweight tubes etc AND a long power cord, SEBO's D now fits my needs perfectly. Oh and my old Miele S571 has had TWO replacement extension pipes since the original ones were fantastic for the first five years until the highest setting I kept putting the tubes into started to become wonky. The original tube then started to get stiffer with age and even with WD40 sprayed, the button rendered itself useless. A call to Miele UK meant free extension tubes which was nice of them at the time. Ive never experienced similar with Sebo tubes though and are two inches shorter when fully extended.
This message was modified Jul 29, 2010 by vacmanuk
Replies: 42 - 51 of 109Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42